Show off your high sign and sail bill.....

valtandc

On our first cruise we left the ship owing over $800. It was an experience.

Now we pre pay as much as possible.

We have received over $700 total in refunds from our last four cruises.

It may have taken ten years but I think we have figured it out.

That was a joke, sorry you didn't get it.. LOL :)

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I got it, it just don't work on a non-Mexican excursion.

Though given the conversion factor, if it was in Pesos it would be a lot closer to what I think is the actual price of $450 (I think some added an extra zero by mistake, because there is nothing in that tour that is worth $4,500).

• 2 months later...

Fun thread, snotty remarks aside! I'm guessing our highest would have been the first time in Alaska, because we bought art, but I really don't remember what it was. On my b2b I had to comeup with ways to spend money because we had so much OBC! We ended up with one adult and two kids bathrobes, towel folding book, spa treatment, as well as tips with the OBC!

Obviously we are not drinkers or gamblers, but if we were, I'd be happy to enjoy those things on a cruise!

Just because you have it why spend it on a cruise? Would rather use it to pay for the second or third cruise.icon7.gif

Maybe they do that too? Our largest bill was little over $7k. I bought a diamond ring, 4 cruise rewards and way too many drinks. And we have since sailed 4 more times but the bills were all lower.

I think this is a fun thread with a clear heading (not sure why those who don't like it, read it :confused:) As someone who is planning a trip (magic 7 day) and trying to set a realistic spending budget it is actually very helpful. I am thinking 2 drink of the day, maybe 4 on sea days, $25 gambling budget, $50 camp carnival extras, 1 family excursion. No more than $1,000. I think its doable - as long as we stay away from the art auction :p

Usually have S & S of around 500, with no excursions. On the 2nd leg of a B2B, we had a small OBC and had prepaid tips. Bill was 35cents. They actually billed Discover too! Going to do chef's dinner next cruise so expect we'll have a bit higher bill.

Lib

Do you ever think to buy someone a drink? like some really nice people that you meet? soda or wine or whatever? or do you say....can I get you lemonade from the fountain? lol.

lol We had swingers buy our group a few rounds of Patron on the Glory. Then we bowed out gracefully.

Hi All,

Other than excursions, which I could see will run up a bill, what can you possibly buy on a ship to have bills that high?

Not commenting one way or the other, just have no idea what you guys buy.

enjoy,

Duane

Maybe you haven't noticed the jewelry shop. A place I try to keep DW away from.

Two years ago we went on the Valor. Husband, myself and 3 year old. Drinks, gambling, pictures, perfume, tips, shore excursions, miscellaneous gifts and booze was around $2000. We never really go with a budget.

Heading on the Legend next September. Buying the photo passes and drink passes ahead of time just to see if that helps cut down on cost.

We know our money and just don't spend outside it. Just blessed that we are able to travel several times a year.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Do they have a photo pass avail on carnival??? If so OMG thats awsome and how much is it??? any details ??? thanks

The most we have ever spent while on a cruise was somewhere around $850, but I think nearly $800 of it was wedding photos. We did pre-pay our wedding and reception, so that would was an extra $$$.

On a recent 4 day, wife and I racked up $914.00 on drinks only.

I'm not being a smart aleck--but do you remember your cruise?:D:cool:

Do they have a photo pass avail on carnival??? If so OMG thats awsome and how much is it??? any details ??? thanks

To my knowledge there is not, but they do "specials" or rewards on some of the ships. If they ever offered a package, I wish a USB with digital copies was part of it. It was so nice not having to scan and retouch all of my wedding pictures.

We spend as much on excursions as the cost of one ticket. But typically book and pay those pre-cruise so they don't show up on the S&S.

Ditto with gratuities.

We also order alcohol and mixers from Bon Voyage, paid in advance.... again not on the S&S.

On a 7-8 day cruise we rack up about $250.00 in charges.... DOD, steakhouse, other alternative dining venues.

Our only souvenirs are t-shirts. We buy those in port.

You CAN keep it simple and not go crazy, and prepay for just about everything beforehand.

Oh lordy, on our 8-daywedding cruise our S&S bill was $3400 AFTER subtracting the wedding gifts and price drop OBC we had. That did include the wedding photography though. It was pretty excessive. Partly bar charges, and partly we did a lot of expensive excursions.

Archived