How are obstucted cabins deck 6 on Journey

Driveshaft

We got a good deal on three cabins on deck six port side for the Azamara Journey July 28 2012. They are obstructed view ones behind the lifeboats.

Has anyone have any experience with them? How different is the layout since they are lengthwise?

Not only do these obstructed view cabins have a different layout, with only 143 square feet, they're smaller than any other cabin on the ship. The interior cabins are 158 square feet and the regular outside cabins are 170.

There's a reason they're less expensive!

Hi Driveshaft,

We were in 6036 in august, we found it okay, what you have to think about is really how much time are you going to spend in your cabin! For me if it means that I am able to have an Azamara experience which is fantastic then I would have an obstructed view before a balcony cabin on another cruise line at the same price! But it is a personal choice, so don"t worry I"m sure you will be fine

Thanks. I think that is one of the ones we booked. The seal was that getting an outside gives us th $1000 per cabin discount with choice air. So they end up cheaper than the porthole outsides on deck 3 or inside cabins.

Basically, the idea here is that "You get what you pay for".

You chose a cabin that turned out to be less cost than an inside, or cabin on a lower deck.

You will get sunlight, and you will have a window.

You need to weigh the value. You know that the cabin will be 143 sq. ft.

If you are OK with all of this, and you know the money that you have saved, then I think you will be just fine.

So, a fact is, you will probably feel a little tight with space.

Another fact is, you have saved quite a bit of money, that you can put to use in enjoying your cruise in other ways!

I hope that you have a wonderful cruise, and enjoy your room with a view!

We have travelled twice in cabin 6046 which has a less obstructed view than some. Although smaller than cabins on deck 3 &4 & without a sofa it has 3 great advantages over those. 1. Deck 6 is very central only one flight of stairs down to Dining room & 3 flights up to Deck 9. 2. It doesn't have that huge mirror on the wall facing the bed which I dislike , it has one on the wall behind the bed. 3. The lay out is great the wardrobe is at the end of the room as oppossed to being in that narrow hallway this making seeing your clothes & getting dressed much easier. Also the dressing table is on the same wall as the window & gets plenty of natural light. The bathroom is the same size as the ones on deck 3&4. If you want to have breakfast in your cabin this is not the cabin for you as one would have to seat on the bed & the other on a stool. Also if the ship is at tendered you could be woken early depending on what boat they decided to use. I would not be happy with size of room if I was staying at an hotel,but it has a very nice" at sea " feel about it,so much so that if I was offered an upgrade to deck 3 or 4 I would decline it.

triplestar: glad to hear about your experience in an obstructed room on deck 6. We will be in cabin 6042 on the Quest in November. My feeling is if i am spending much time in my room other than to sleep and change clothes then my cruise is not going well! Being woken up by the tenders being lowered while in port is not a problem for me; We are early risers and have no desire to 'sleep our cruise away".

• 1 month later...

We have not been in one, but we walked by some of them while they were being cleaned. Well, the view is obstructed. So don't expect any real view, just that you can still see night and day, and whether it is raining outside!

Hi,

My husband and I cruised on the Journey down the Adriatic in April and were accommodated on deck 6 in a cabin with a lifeboat obstructed view, which at the right price we would do again. Also we have recently returned from a South of France/Italian cruise on the Journey and we were accommodated on deck 4, cabin 4026 with an ocean view and we found this to be much roomier and would choose this grade of cabin over deck 6.

Hope this helps, whatever you choose I'm sure you will enjoy.

• 4 weeks later...

Deck 6 ov cabins are very small and dark. An inside cabin is larger. If the price is attractive and you can't spend the extra for a bigger cabin, it's better than not cruising. I prefer the veranda cabins. For ov try the cabins forward on decks 6 or 7......larger than the regular veranda and have a large unobstructed window. Price for cabin is an issue that each person has to reason for them selves. You'll have a great cruise regardless of which cabin you select.

Archived