Photo Tour of the Sun - Aug 2011

computerworks

• 2 months later...

I am absolutely loving all of these pics - THANK YOU!!! We're at 97 days and counting to a week of bliss on the Sun in early April and you just got me super excited (again)!

Does anyone, by chance, have any pictures of 9076 since the dry dock? I haven't been able to find any of those yet.

This is directed to Computerworks and all others who have cruised Baltic itinerary on the Sun.

This itinerary is very interesting to me. Talinn looks surprisingly cool. St. Petersburg offers an incredible blend of history, art, music. Copenhagen should be neat, too.

What trips/excursions did folks enjoy? The St. P'burgh tours are of particular interest. I understand that Russian visa rules are very restrictive. Did anyone arrange tours w/o going through NCL?

We are considering flying into Paris a couple days early and then traveling to Copenhagen to catch the ship. After debarkation, we might go to Berlin for another 2 days before flying back to JFK. Any experience with traveling between Paris-Copenhagen and then Copenhagen-Berlin would be appreciated.

This is waaaay different from the Caribbean cruises we have taken in the past...should be great.

Thanks to all in advance.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been fun to see all of your photos of the Sun. I'm booked on her for a 12-night Southern Caribbean in January 2014, just a little over a year from now!

Since I was just on the Sky a few weeks ago, it's also fun to see how the Sun is exactly the same in some ways and different in others. One example: the Stardust on the Sun has some theater seating behind the cocktail seating and it looks like glass windows on the top? The Sky only has cocktail seating throughout her Stardust. I love all those little differences. :p

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all your pictures of the Sun! We are booked for 10 sunny days 10/20/13, and I always love getting a preview of the ship before boarding. .. . . . Loved the Jewel and the Jade, now we will try the smaller Sun :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A rare shot of me on the other side of the camera...so you can now know who is snapping these pics. :cool: Having a peaceful lunch in the Seven Seas, after dropping carry-ons in the room.

6109416928_cf28b5a95d_b.jpg

Sail away party, just getting started on the Pool Deck

6108866313_973fe5e193_b.jpg

6109416488_c3c96d17e0_b.jpg

6108866773_ac23ec206d_b.jpg

Looking down from Topside

6109416854_c538dfeaa4_b.jpg

I like your t-shirt. Vintage or late model?

Thanks for posting the pictures with your review. I love seeing the other ships and their many similarities and differences. There is also something very relaxing about seeing one of the ships without the extra bells and whistles. Looks like a great trip!

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...