Photo Tour of the Sun - Aug 2011

computerworks

You have just made me very Homesick for the SUN. Our first cruise was aboard her and it was the Baltic Cruise taken August 2010. What a WONDERFUL trip we had - so much did we enjoy it that we are repeating the cruise in just a few days. We are combining it with a b/b - taking it transatlantic from Copenhagen to Florida (USA). 24 great days aboard and in an aft suite, too. What could be better than that ??? PRICELESS Thank you for the wonderful pictures that you are sharing - you did a great job of capturing the beauty and the atmosphere of this fantastic ship. Carol and Peter

... We are combining it with a b/b - taking it transatlantic from Copenhagen to Florida (USA). 24 great days aboard and in an aft suite, too. What could be better than that ??? ...

What a fantastic trip that will be...enjoy every day.

It just took one trip for us to fall in love with this ship.

Thank you so much for sharing and making me miss my favorite ship the SUN. We will be on her again in January and can not wait. I followed your week away and I must say your pictures are wonderful. I feel like I was traveling with you.

Fantastic photos! Thanks for taking the time to post and also your running comments when you were cruising. We took this itinerary in July, and agree with you that it was our favorite cruise. The weather in July is perfect for this itinerary for any who are considering it.

Looking forward to the port pics.

Working on them now...quite a task to sort, choose the best and add the captions. I should start a separate thread for the Review and will include the port pictures there, day by day.

Glad this is a 3-day weekend; we'd never get them done if we were back to work... we're home, but still in a "cruisin' state of mind." :p

How much was the wireless internet in the cabin?

You don't actually pay for location; you purchase minutes by a package and then you use them anywhere...at the Internet Cafe, or on your own device via wireless.

Here's the rate schedule:

Pay as you go: $0.75 per minute

Longer Cruise (6 days and longer) Time Package Plans:

• 250 minutes for $100 ($0.40 per minute)
  • 100 minutes for $55 ($0.55 per minute)
  • Pay as you go $0.75 per minute

Short Cruise (5 days and shorter) Time Package Plans:

• 60 minutes for $24 ($0.40 per minute)
  • 30 minutes for $16.50 ($0.55 per minute)
  • Pay as you go $0.75 per minute*Activation Fee of $3.95 for initial log-in only.

Since we need connectivity during our trip for business (sigh) we usually buy the max package when we board, and then keep an eye out for special add-on time deals during the cruise.

Really great thread & pics !

Now, if you would just book a Dawn cruise in the next 3 weeks, and post pictures like these before our Oct cruise, I would really appreciate it. lol

All kidding aside, I sure wish that someone would post a set of post-drydock Dawn pics, as complete as these. There's only been a few scattered pics all summer.

Thanks again for posting these. It means alot to future Sun cruisers.

Now, if you would just book a Dawn cruise in the next 3 weeks....

Hey... I'm up for that! (..only if.) :p

We've got the Gem in Jan 2012. We've been on the Gem several times (including a "rocky" T/A last Fall), but I'll do the same photo tour pics...it's fun to do and nice to give back to the CC folks.