From Adams blog...

With the introduction of O & A, RCI is bringing more famlies into the fold or parents cruising with children that in the past might have left them at home. These expanded cruising families are booking suites and they want the perks and RCI wants the money.

Not true! According to AG's own words, On average there are five guests under the age of 21 per cruise who are from CL-eligible suites. Some percentage of those would not want to be in the CL so the actual effect on the CL will be minimal.

"Accommodations

The first step in designing your family cruise vacation is to choose your stateroom wisely. As we have mentioned before in Family Cruising: Choosing The Right Stateroom, your choice of accommodations will play a significant role in your overall cruise experience.

On Allure of the Seas there are four types of accommodations that include 37 categories of rooms and suites. Families should think about booking one of the...... suites..... (see Allure Of The Seas Luxury Stateroom Options For Family Cruisers_. This touch of luxury on Allure of the Seas allows you to have more space and more importantly access to..................... the Concierge Club...................."

What makes me upset about this new policy - we were fairly new Diamond members when we were banned from the Clounge due to OverCrowding. One cruise to go to D+ - and I am wondering if we will be kicked out of the Clounge again. I realize that more ships are getting Dlounges but I suspect that all things are not equal in the lounges. I know for sure that they are not equal on the Oasis and Allure.

I really like this line form the post to AG.....

"I would expect him to have access to everything we do."

In the real world, which includes cruise ships, traveling with a 16 month old sometimes limits you. Just wait until they find out the kid can't go into the pools or solarium with them either. Or has AG relented on that too?:rolleyes:

The only way a 16 mo. old child will have access to everything she does is to stay home.:eek:

What makes me upset about this new policy - we were fairly new Diamond members when we were banned from the Clounge due to OverCrowding. One cruise to go to D+ - and I am wondering if we will be kicked out of the Clounge again. I realize that more ships are getting Dlounges but I suspect that all things are not equal in the lounges. I know for sure that they are not equal on the Oasis and Allure.

See my post from the other thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30499313&postcount=648

Not true! According to AG's own words, On average there are five guests under the age of 21 per cruise who are from CL-eligible suites. Some percentage of those would not want to be in the CL so the actual effect on the CL will be minimal.

Yes, but the change also applies to D+ guests with children . He did not mention that.

On some ships I'll bet that there are no CL-eligible kids in suites - there aren't that many people who yank their kids out of school for a week and sail in a suite, are there? So I think that it's disingenuous to put it that way - on Allure and Oasis, I would bet that there are a LOT more than 5 kids in full suites on every sailing. If they do want to be in the CL, I'm sure it will be boisterous, at a higher pitch than usual. Time will tell.

Archived