From Adams blog...

The second situation has provoked much more correspondence to us but we stand by our decision to allow guests in our top suites and our highest loyalty tiers to have their family members under the age of 21 accompany them to the Concierge Lounge (CL) at any time. Previously guests under the age of 21 could not enter the CL between 5 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

Some factual context: although parents with children under the age of 21 who are CL eligible have been consistently requesting the right to have their family members with them in the CL before dinner, there are relatively few of these families. On average there are five guests under the age of 21 per cruise who are from CL-eligible suites. Some percentage of those would not want to be in the CL so the actual effect on the CL will be minimal. Nevertheless, the ships will not tolerate disruptive behavior in the CL. Since the policy change went into effect on August 26th, one time on each of two ships the Concierge has needed to address a family about the behavior of their child in the CL during the new hours. Our belief is the new policy is fair and will work. We promise to be very attentive to the ambiance in the CL that is obviously highly valued by so many of our guests.

Meanwhile, the Diamond Lounge (DL) will continue to be for adults only during the cocktail hour as there has been zero demand for family members under 21 to be allowed in the DL at that time.

One more comment on this topic for now: when customers write me about policies related to suite guests, they consistently assume that suite guests are first time cruisers or at least have not demonstrated their loyalty to Royal Caribbean. This assumption could not be further from the truth. A very significant percentage of our top suite guests are in the upper tiers of the Crown & Anchor Society and have demonstrated great loyalty to our brand.

We take the input of our guests very seriously, so thank you for the emails. I particularly appreciate that a number of loyal writers didn’t just voice criticism but made constructive suggestions.

I am sure I will have the occasion to comment on future situations and policies. But in the mean time, we are striving to deliver the WOW as often as possible.

I was surprised when I saw the blog title in my Facebook thread. WOW, that happened fast!!! I am a little surprised that RCI is not budging on the CL issue, considering how many people it upset, but obviously they have their reasons. I am personally okay with it and will be interested to see if it stays in place for my Allure cruise in November.

The second situation has provoked much more correspondence to us but we stand by our decision to allow guests in our top suites and our highest loyalty tiers to have their family members under the age of 21 accompany them to the Concierge Lounge (CL) at any time. Previously guests under the age of 21 could not enter the CL between 5 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

Some factual context: although parents with children under the age of 21 who are CL eligible have been consistently requesting the right to have their family members with them in the CL before dinner, there are relatively few of these families. On average there are five guests under the age of 21 per cruise who are from CL-eligible suites. Some percentage of those would not want to be in the CL so the actual effect on the CL will be minimal. Nevertheless, the ships will not tolerate disruptive behavior in the CL. Since the policy change went into effect on August 26th, one time on each of two ships the Concierge has needed to address a family about the behavior of their child in the CL during the new hours. Our belief is the new policy is fair and will work. We promise to be very attentive to the ambiance in the CL that is obviously highly valued by so many of our guests.

Meanwhile, the Diamond Lounge (DL) will continue to be for adults only during the cocktail hour as there has been zero demand for family members under 21 to be allowed in the DL at that time.

One more comment on this topic for now: when customers write me about policies related to suite guests, they consistently assume that suite guests are first time cruisers or at least have not demonstrated their loyalty to Royal Caribbean. This assumption could not be further from the truth. A very significant percentage of our top suite guests are in the upper tiers of the Crown & Anchor Society and have demonstrated great loyalty to our brand.

We take the input of our guests very seriously, so thank you for the emails. I particularly appreciate that a number of loyal writers didn’t just voice criticism but made constructive suggestions.

I am sure I will have the occasion to comment on future situations and policies. But in the mean time, we are striving to deliver the WOW as often as possible.

All I can say is it only takes one unruly child to spoil an event, be it a plane flight, wedding, and now quiet before dinner drinks!

d

All I can say is it only takes one unruly child to spoil an event, be it a plane flight, wedding, and now quiet before dinner drinks!

d

I've actually had adults do that more then children on planes and weddings!!!:D

I was surprised when I saw the blog title in my Facebook thread. WOW, that happened fast!!! I am a little surprised that RCI is not budging on the CL issue, considering how many people it upset, but obviously they have their reasons. I am personally okay with it and will be interested to see if it stays in place for my Allure cruise in November.

The reason is that AG and company no longer care what their "loyal" customers think. It's all smoke and mirrors. He cares about how much he can lower their overall debt. RCCL has overbuilt and now is in a pinch to pay off their horrendous amount of debt at any cost. AG knows that for every customer that leaves, one will take their place.

T On average there are five guests under the age of 21 per cruise who are from CL-eligible suites.

okay, then what about all the D+ families who also have access?! hmmmm :confused:

already we have seen tales of more than one family with more than one minor child taking advantage at the same time.

funny how its blaming suite guests only as the D lounge remains adult only for cocktail hour. so i guess those of us Suite holders who are NOT D don't rate the same considerations...

The reason is that AG and company no longer care what their "loyal" customers think. It's all smoke and mirrors. He cares about how much he can lower their overall debt. RCCL has overbuilt and now is in a pinch to pay off their horrendous amount of debt at any cost. AG knows that for every customer that leaves, one will take their place.

Pretty "jaded" outlook there. I guess that's your opinion and you ARE entitled to one. Just don't expect everyone to agree!:eek::D

Adams blog is a total joke....if all he is going to do is post the comments that only he agrees with then he is using the blog as nothing but a manipulating tool. I understand that the comments are moderated ...but come on....leaving out any comment that didn't agree with his decision:rolleyes:

Adams blog is a total joke....if all he is going to do is post the comments that only he agrees with then he is using the blog as nothing but a manipulating tool. I understand that the comments are moderated ...but come on....leaving out any comment that didn't agree with his decision:rolleyes:

Agree.

Well, we will see how this plays out on a large ship such as the Oasis. I have decided to go with a suite, and one of the reasons was the quiet, relaxing, cocktail hour in the CL. On a ship with this many people one needs a quiet spot every now and then. (yes, I've been on the ship before, but not in a suite). Will if affect their bottom line???? Well, I'll say this, if the lounge is not peaceful I sure wouldn't waste my money on a suite again, which will affect their bottom line. I don't think I am alone in this. While the Diamomd lounge is nice, it just didn't do it for me. I think it was due to the location. It just seemed dark, and the only view was the promenade. JMHO!

Agreed, Agreed!

Still waiting for my "comment" to appear from 11:35 a.m.

He posted the "WAY TO GO" Adam comments from 12:35 p.m. :rolleyes:

Well, we will see how this plays out on a large ship such as the Oasis. I have decided to go with a suite, and one of the reasons was the quiet, relaxing, cocktail hour in the CL. On a ship with this many people one needs a quiet spot every now and then. (yes, I've been on the ship before, but not in a suite). Will if affect their bottom line???? Well, I'll say this, if the lounge is not peaceful I sure wouldn't waste my money on a suite again, which will affect their bottom line. I don't think I am alone in this. While the Diamomd lounge is nice, it just didn't do it for me. I think it was due to the location. It just seemed dark, and the only view was the promenade. JMHO!

Here's the thing and AG knows this. If you don't book that suite then someone else will. If you or I leave for another cruise line, there will be someone to take our place. The powers to be know this and could care less. That is the real world. No different than when they kicked Diamonds out of the CL.

Here's the thing and AG knows this. If you don't book that suite then someone else will. If you or I leave for another cruise line, there will be someone to take our place. The powers to be know this and could care less. That is the real world. No different than when they kicked Diamonds out of the CL.

Sounds like the Ben Baldanza approach.

The words that I highlighted in red concern me.

Does this man know how his company works?

The rule has been EIGHTEEN, not TWENTY ONE.

Just to be clear, I find his assumption that five or fewer children would be eligible to enter the CL on most cruises to be the HEIGHT of absurdity.

As I have stated already in the past 48 hours, I was on the Allure both before and after the change, and I am EXTREMELY against it.

There have been many companies with this same "take it or leave it" attitude, and they learned their lesson the hard way. What Royal needs to think about is that old rule of thumb "a customer with a bad experience will tell 10 others." Just how many customers are they really turning away with their policies.:(

The words that I highlighted in red concern me.

Does this man know how his company works?

The rule has been EIGHTEEN, not TWENTY ONE.

Just to be clear, I find his assumption that five or fewer children would be eligible to enter the CL on most cruises to be the HEIGHT of absurdity.

As I have stated already in the past 48 hours, I was on the Allure both before and after the change, and I am EXTREMELY against it.

Well I guess the confusion of rules goes all the way to the very top.

Several people have remarked that there are only 3 comments on the blog, and all are in favor of what Adam wrote.

I decided to try to submit a comment.

The website won't even let me enter a comment! It is blocking my typing!

FACEBOOK! :D I'd say that 98% of the comments are not good. Look for Adam's blog post and feel free to comment.

http://www.facebook.com/royalcaribbean

Archived