From Adams blog...

I just expressed my displeasure with Mr. Goldstein, both on his blog and e-mail. Here is what I said:

O.K. I have played by the rules and been slapped down - not once, but twice. I have been "Loyal to Royal" for 10 years and 14 cruises. I have stayed "loyal" and played by all the expectations of the C&A Program. Not to mention the many thousands of dollars spent in predominantly Suite Cabins.

We were very much insulted that we were denied the CL access after finally attaining Diamond Status. Now, we are Diamond Plus and felt "safe" from any new changes. We even took two cruises in the "Diamonds in December 2010" event to get to D Plus.

This new absurd idea to allow children into the CL during an "adult time" to appease a very few suite guests goes beyond any "reasonable" explanation given in your blog. I maintain most of your "coveted" Suite Guests" are in the minority and ARE NOT REPEAT CRUISERS !

I was highly insulted by your blog that only included 3 positive comments. Where are the 90 percent negative comments? Your attitude of "sticking with a decision" is the most arrogant of any company I can think of. When are you guys going to wake up and realize that your "base" IS THE REPEAT CRUISER !!!!

I invite you to check the polls on CruiseCritic.com that are revealing a 5 to 1 dissatisfaction with this absurd decision.

I do have to say that so many have posted that they "think" most suite cruisers aren't repeat cruisers. I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but plenty of suite passengers are repeats. We're Emerald and will be in a GS in Oct. We've been in one previous GS and two JS. We prefer GS for size, amenities, etc. In the CL, probably 3/4 of the suite cruisers we met on Explorer were also repeats. Several were also Diamond and above. And, as I've posted previously, I think this is the dumbest idea that they've had lately. I also can't believe that a CEO would respond the way he did about this, basically talking "down" to their customer base.

What also bugs me is that we "would" have been diamond after this cruise that we booked a year ago before the C&A changes, but we'll now be Emerald for our next two cruises that we have booked. What's next?

O.K. I have played by the rules and been slapped down - not once, but twice. I have been "Loyal to Royal" for 10 years and 14 cruises. I have stayed "loyal" and played by all the expectations of the C&A Program. Not to mention the many thousands of dollars spent in predominantly Suite Cabins.

We were very much insulted that we were denied the CL access after finally attaining Diamond Status. Now, we are Diamond Plus and felt "safe" from any new changes. We even took two cruises in the "Diamonds in December 2010" event to get to D Plus.

General Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

Adams blog is a total joke....if all he is going to do is post the comments that only he agrees with then he is using the blog as nothing but a manipulating tool. I understand that the comments are moderated ...but come on....leaving out any comment that didn't agree with his decision:rolleyes:

I actually left a comment on the San Juan incident and it was posted in his blog and he replied. He actually reads and replies to the comments, even if we dont agree with what he's saying.

Our older minor children (ages 16 and 19) were inivited by the concierge into a diamond lounge on a recent sailing. (They came in the lounge with us during non-exempt hours and he told us it would be OK.) It was very nice to share some of that privelege with them; they enjoyed the hors'deurves etc. The bartender checked their cards the first time they came in, and they were never served and they certainly didn't create any sort of a stir.

Our older minor children (ages 16 and 19) were inivited by the concierge into a diamond lounge on a recent sailing. (They came in the lounge with us during non-exempt hours and he told us it would be OK.) It was very nice to share some of that privelege with them; they enjoyed the hors'deurves etc. The bartender checked their cards the first time they came in, and they were never served and they certainly didn't create any sort of a stir.

18yr olds already were allowed allowed into the CL;)...your 16 yr old isn't the age group most are worried about....it's the toddler age group that is the real issue with most.

Well as a loyal explorer cruiser, we have been in the suites many times and for the most part on that ship, the suites were all repeat cruisers. They may have not been diamond or diamond plus but repeats.

The CL on that ship is not big enough as it is.

If children are allowed now in the cl then shorts should never be a problem either.

General Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

Yeah, and what is your point? That RCI can scr*w us at will? Fine, we can walk under our OWN terms. My policy is to change the terms and conditions at any time.

Yeah, and what is your point? That RCI can scr*w us at will? Fine, we can walk under our OWN terms. My policy is to change the terms and conditions at any time.

.......you know a number of disgruntled passengers are leaving for the big X. Maybe you might be interested.......but they are under the same corporation......but that will show 'em..

.......you know a number of disgruntled passengers are leaving for the big X. Maybe you might be interested.......but they are under the same corporation......but that will show 'em..

First, we never said we were going to "X". That is only one of MANY options. Staying "loyal to Royal" is rapidly losing it's intrigue. Yes, I have been loyal and am D plus. But, I can assure you, other cruiselines will accept our money - Gladly! We have never been a blind "cheerleader" like so many here. We once felt valued - but not so much anymore.

We will even consider cancelling next years booking and begin researching other options.

I loved the Celebrity Solstice Aqua Spa rooms and Blu Restaurant for a trip with just my husband, but Royal is my first choice traveling with kids. My only complaint is that the loyalty points don't combine since we aren't consistent.

Just an FYI for all of you allergic to kids: it took under 60 seconds consistently for children to be thrown out of the solarium... and the entire aqua spa room area was "child free".

For some reason I cannot fill in my comments on Adams blog......could it be "crashing" because of all of the uproar it is causing?

I couldn't do it either...maybe it knows that we are NOT happy campers?

I too was a bit taken aback by his attitude in the blog as well....a little condescending perhaps?????:rolleyes:

I couldn't do it either...maybe it knows that we are NOT happy campers?

I too was a bit taken aback by his attitude in the blog as well....a little condescending perhaps?????:rolleyes:

You can go on the Royal Caribbean FaceBook page and post your feelings there. I tried to post a link to the CL survey here but the link was blocked :mad: !!!

Three threads on this topic and already 23000 views. Adam post his blog today and only 3 replies posted by RCL Can you say hot button...

You can go on the Royal Caribbean FaceBook page and post your feelings there. I tried to post a link to the CL survey here but the link was blocked :mad: !!!

The censorship on this topic speaks volumes.

No...A LOT!

so much so that i added that on FB....

i can see the people at RC who read social media and respond..PLUS AG's peeps who make calls/send emails...

they could be thinking...What the Bleep have the suits done NOW....:eek::rolleyes::D i feel bad for those who have to respond to the wacky things that the bosses do.....

sometimes FB blocks links in posts....that aren't attached as links..hard to explain but it has happened to me, and it isn't even something as crazy as this...so THAT could be a FB issue, not really an RCCL prob if that makes sense..

Archived