Cruise Critic Attire

Darchie

Cruise Critic Attire  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Cruise Critic Attire

• Always
    • Never
    • Sometimes

There's a style off CC luggage tags I really like. They are not always available so not sure if they have that style right now.

I've seen guests using keep cold cups, fanny packs and lanyards but haven't noticed anyone in a t-shirt or polo with CC logo.

When I have placed an order, I got immediate confirmation by e-mail and shipment arrived very quickly. I was very satisfied.

What does using a CruiseCritic luggage tag have to do with expecting 'special treatment'......... special treatment from a stevedore? From cabin steward? :confused:

Why would a steward delivering luggage notice anything about Cruise Critic (why would he know a thing about CC ?) when all he is looking for is what cabin number to deliver the suitcase?

That's a giant leap IMO from wearing a baseball cap or using a luggage tag to 'expecting' anything from anyone.

I use the Mariners Tags HAL came out with a year or so ago and the cruise critic tags and like both.

I would not wear a fanny cap, walk around with a cup, wear a baseball cap or a t-shirt - I am a woman.

Lanyard - maybe. Now I need to go to the main page to see what they sell. I wonder if they have water bottles or other tchotchkes :D

I am back. Found it: at the bottom of the main page "store" - where do they get those blue rain ponchos? Recycled Niagara falls cover-ups? :)

At this time I don't need anything what's for sale, maybe later.

What does using a CruiseCritic luggage tag have to do with expecting 'special treatment'......... special treatment from a stevedore? From cabin steward? :confused:

That's a giant leap IMO from wearing a baseball cap or using a luggage tag to 'expecting' anything from anyone.

I use the Mariners Tags HAL came out with a year or so ago and the cruise critic tags and like both.

I'm talking about wearing CC clothing - the topic of this thread. I also do not put up door signs advertising the CC and the fact that I post here. What anyone else does is their business. FWIW, someone on this thread has posted that they have heard here that wearing CC clothing while in port "helps" while shopping. That alone shows expations.

If anyone remembers this thread. The thread is from someone looking for VIP treatment because of the CC. Post #15 does confirm that some CC members expect "special" treatment. No giant leap involved and no need for anyone to be confused. 

I voted never.

I try not to wear clothing with designer labels on the outside, either. I don't wear T shirts and neither does my husband, other than to do yardwork. I don't use lanyards and our luggage came with tags. I do have a couple logo items from CC or cruise lines, the ones I didn't give away or trash are in a box somewhere.

I don't care if others do, it's just not for me. I'm not advertising for anyone, nor do I care for my clothing to reflect where I've been or my sense of humor. I do enjoy reading other T shirts on people, I just wouldn't dare wear one myself.

Come to think of it, RCCL did give me a nice pen as a gift a couiple Christmases ago, I use that, of course it's in my home office so I'm the only one who sees it.

i have t-shirts ...hubby wears to the M&G while i have a special non-CC logo outfit that i always wear--i am the member here but hubby has no problem wearing the tshirt

we also received some of the new tshirts as gifts and will be bringing them along this next cruise.

i have several of their bags that i carry and luggage wraps that i always have on my NCL water bottle holder--other CC members have spotted me that way--i LIKE alot of the CC stuff and PROUDLY wear it!

also its a conversation starter and i have no problem talking about or endorsing CC...i have learned so much and its all because of CC and i LOVE sharing and getting the word out about CC!!

so many of our friends have started to use this site--and anytime people ask me about this or that i direct them to www.cruisecritic.com

I voted never.

I try not to wear clothing with designer labels on the outside, either....

I don't care if others do, it's just not for me. I'm not advertising for anyone, nor do I care for my clothing to reflect where I've been or my sense of humor......

I feel the same way. It seems silly to me that any company would actually expect people to pay money to wear an advertisement for them, but apparently they find enough people who are willing to do that.

I can understand wearing clothing with an advertisement for a non-profit charity, but if I am going to wear an advertisement for a commercial company, they should be paying me to do so, not the other way around.

Unless I'm PAID to advertise, I'm not wearing anything with "logo"...no "free" advertising from me!
I feel the same way. It seems silly to me that any company would actually expect people to pay money to wear an advertisement for them, but apparently they find enough people who are willing to do that.

I can understand wearing clothing with an advertisement for a non-profit charity, but if I am going to wear an advertisement for a commercial company, they should be paying me to do so, not the other way around.

I'm in the same court and glad that others feel the same way.

Even when we buy new cars, we stipulate in the contract that there be NO dealer sticker/logo/decal. They aren't paying us to advertise. One time there was a decal on the car when we went to pick it up. We wouldn't accept delivery until it was removed.

I don't see the CC paying me anywhere near enough to risk being identified as one of 'those' CC people.

risk being identified as one of 'those' CC people.

why would that be a RISK?...i have met some WONDERFUL CC people on cruises:)

on NCL we go to the M&G and have a GREAT time and enjoy running into each other on the cruise--i guess i just look at a different way

on my last cruise i had a group of people that were very interested in Cruise Critic and i was happy to talk to them and since have heard from them that this is a GREAT place with ALL the answers.

personally i only wish i had discovered CC sooner!

I'm in the same court and glad that others feel the same way.

Even when we buy new cars, we stipulate in the contract that there be NO dealer sticker/logo/decal. They aren't paying us to advertise. One time there was a decal on the car when we went to pick it up. We wouldn't accept delivery until it was removed.

I don't see the CC paying me anywhere near enough to risk being identified as one of 'those' CC people.

I thought I was the only one at the car dealership complaining about the obnoxious sticker they just stuck to MY new car! Glad I'm not alone on this one.

ITA, I don't advertise for anyone, except maybe myself :) I have seen people wearing CC pins on a ball cap, but nothing else. I wouldn't put up a sign outside our cabin either, again for the sole purpose of not drawing attention to our cabin. The kids may be 3 and 6 yrs old, but they can still remember our cabin number!

What an interesting discussion!

Truth be told, I don't wear Cruise Critic shirts. Up until now we only had men's shirts that are this color blue that I don't like. And it had writing across the back that was too loud for me. But we just changed the men's shirt and we now have a ladies V neck shirt in white that I really like. I gotta get that darn thing listed. Anyway...

I have a Cruise Critic lanyard because I need a lanyard for my keycard. I use a Cruise Critic travel coffee tumbler because I need a travel coffee tumbler. I have a Cruise Critic over the shoulder bag because I need a bag for port. And I have a Cruise Critic monopack because it's huge and works great as a diaper bag until we can finally finish potty training my stubborn just turned 3 year old. I have a need for those items and Cruise Critic has them so I use them. I used to have a Coors Brewery travel coffee mug but the sticker came off.

My background is advertising and marketing. I have a BA and an MA in it. I've read and studied and done my own research into the habits of consumers. And companies offer logo wear because people use it. It may not be for everyone, but it's a huge business. We're not offended is someone doesn't want to use our stuff. You'll notice we don't shove it down your throat. We don't even make a profit on items. We sell them for what it costs us. If you like it, great! If you don't, that's OK too. We're just happy you use the site.

For those that don't drive a car off the lot with a sticker, I'm with you! If they want to pay me to drive around with their logo on my car, OK. Same goes for Cruise Critic, I guess. They pay me to work here, so I'll use their stuff. LOL

I thought I was the only one at the car dealership complaining about the obnoxious sticker they just stuck to MY new car! Glad I'm not alone on this one.

Nope, you are not alone. I remove all signs of the dealership when I get home. Like others have said, I am not being paid to be a billboard advertisement for the dealer. If they want to pay me several hundred dollars a month for that service, I will reconsider. On second thought, no I wouldn't!!

I belong to a national hobby organization and attend many functions associated with it. Whenever some of us head out to lunch, we all do a "nerd" check to make sure we don't have logo lanyards or badges visible. Because of this habit, whenever I see someone wearing any kind of logo clothing, I instantly think them a nerd looking for attention, same as we would think of ourselves outside of these hobby events.

Archived