Bingo!

funinthesun1964

I will be going on my third cruise in a couple of weeks, and thought I would give bingo a try this time. I've heard people win various amounts of money, and some people even win a free cruise!! :D

My questions are -

1) what time of day is it usually held;

2) where? -( guessing one of the lounges?)

3) how much $ per card? Does that go on S&S card?

I would also like to hear from others their experiences with bingo, what they have won, etc.

thanks!

I will be going on my third cruise in a couple of weeks, and thought I would give bingo a try this time. I've heard people win various amounts of money, and some people even win a free cruise!! :D

My questions are -

1) what time of day is it usually held;

2) where? -( guessing one of the lounges?)

3) how much $ per card? Does that go on S&S card?

I would also like to hear from others their experiences with bingo, what they have won, etc.

thanks!

the times vary- mostly right before the shows at night but sometimes during the early morning they will have a special (like gringo bingo 5 games of bingo on the same cards)

games are 20 bucks. they spend more time selling the cards then on the game itself.

Always in the show lounge

its either cash or sign and sail card

Bingo is a constant ongoing thu out--usually b4 shows--cash only--winning is in cash too! The cards coast depends on the games ---it gets more expensive as the cruise gos and prizes go up too. We don't donate but sure fun watching those who do.

Time of day?

Usually they are held in the mid-morning and mid-afternoon although they occasionally will have one right before the early show (around 7:15PM).

Where?

Normally in the main showroom although my DW and DD have played bingo in one of the smaller lounges.

How much?

I believe it's $20 per sheet of 3-play cards. They used to sell single cards but I don't recall seeing any of those on our last cruise. You can put it on your S&S account or pay cash... the former can be a little dangerous because it's easy to over do it and be in for S&S sticker shock at the end of the cruise! :eek:

Time of day?

Usually they are held in the mid-morning and mid-afternoon although they occasionally will have one right before the early show (around 7:15PM).

Where?

Normally in the main showroom although my DW and DD have played bingo in one of the smaller lounges.

How much?

I believe it's $20 per sheet of 3-play cards. They used to sell single cards but I don't recall seeing any of those on our last cruise. You can put it on your S&S account or pay cash... the former can be a little dangerous because it's easy to over do it and be in for S&S sticker shock at the end of the cruise! :eek:

I forgot to mention - you can go to John Heald's blog page and look at some Funtimes from recent months to get an idea of when they hold the games during the cruise. Here's a link to those:

http://johnhealdsblog.com/funtimes/

believe it's $20 per sheet of 3-play cards. They used to sell single cards but I don't recall seeing any of those on our last cruise. You can put it on your S&S account or pay cash... the former can be a little dangerous because it's easy to over do it and be in for S&S sticker shock at the end of the cruise! :eek:

thanks for the warning. I think I will bring extra cash along. I'm sure my S&S card will cause sticker shock even WITHOUT bingo!:eek::D

As others have said it's $20 for a triple card. You can't tear or mark anywhere on the card, or tear the triple into 3 singles. They have half moon perforations that you fold back.

They play various games, traditional, four corners, H, blackout. Sometimes you get to play multiple games with the same cards and those prizes are usually various amounts. Like the winner of the 1st game gets to chose between 3 envelopes, then the winner will have the choice between 2 and so on. When my sister won on that one the prizes ranged from $50 to $120 and she actually won $250 on the 2nd game.

Back in 2001 they used to play blackout bingo on debarkation morning for a free cruise for 2 in a Cat 12 suite. Well, don't ya know it, sister won that time too..........That's what really started our cruise obsession because we won the cruise in July and took the free cruise in Febuary and it really sealed the thought in our heads that cruising was a great vacation and we wanted to do more of it.

So in the past 10 years we've taken 21 cruises and have 3 more booked.

Carnival also sells a single card for $10, but the standard size you will see most people buy is $20, which is a 3 card strip.

The prizes at the beginning of the cruise are smaller and get progressively higher towards the end of the cruise, and the grand fanale is a free cruise for 2.

It used to be given away as a bingo game, but now they sell raffle tickets for the free cruise.

A single game is often played in the evening prior to a show. Bar service is available.

Yes, I am a happy winner of a 7 night cruise, balcony cabin for 2, compliments of the grand prize bingo game. :D

Carnival also sells a single card for $10, but the standard size you will see most people buy is $20, which is a 3 card strip.

e. :D

my past two cruises they did away with the single card- all cards were 20 bucks and you got three.

PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last year 1st night of 5 day cruise 1st bingo night won $500:):) Carnival applied it to my sign and sail card. At the end of cruise got back $65 from Carnival. went on extra excurions

Denise

how much did you have to pay for cards until you won that $500? Just wondering....

I think I will give it a shot! It will be something that I haven't done on a cruise!

Brenda

1st night 1st game paid $20 for 3 boards.. please follow their rules 2nd night won effy watch.. my sister in law said if i won anything else she was going to beat me:) Played 1 sheet everynight and still had money left over and it was fun

Denise

that win a cruise bingo on the last night-- if there are multiple winners you gotta draw bingo balls coz it only goes to one winner

that would be a bummer if you were one of the winners :D and then........someone else gets the free cruise :( what a let down THAT would be!!!

Thank you for your replies!

I think it's a fun way to spend an hour.........the only thing that annoys me is that it NEVER starts on time. If they say bingo is going to be at 3pm, then they need to start selling cards at 2:30 and start the game at 3, at least then you could go at 2:30, buy your card and come back at 3 for the game.

On my Miracle cruise in 2009 we were in the show lounge waiting for a show and when they announced last call for cards DH went and grabbed one ($20) and gave it to me, I ended up winning (had to form a T) the prize was $700 and no one else hit so I rec'd the whole prize. I did get a little freaked out though, I was afraid to yell BINGO in case I made a mistake which we've seen happen a lot. I quietly said Bingo and the host didn't hear me and was ready to call another # so DH yelled it :) This was my first time playing Bingo on a cruise, I was pretty happy.

Archived