Majesty and Waterslides ~ My Rumor Contribution

Aquahound

I just returned from the Majesty and had some interesting talks with the officers. Take this for what it's worth because we all know the future of RCI through the mouths of ship's officers can be incorrect, so I'm not saying this as fact....just rumors.

1. What surprised me the most is a current proposal to dry dock Majesty in February for 3 weeks and totally refurbish her again...this time adding a Chops Grill, interactive TVs, and maybe even a Concierge Lounge. This one particular officer said the Majesty is such a cash cow, they have no plans of getting rid of her anytime in the next few years. This project is pending budget approval.

2. Project Sunshine will introduce waterslides to RCI. Supposedly, they are planning something unique.

Ok, that's it for rumors, but here are a few things they did a little differently on Majesty from my past cruises.

1. C&A reception was held on Coco Cay. Personally, I thought it was a dumb idea. There was nothing stopping anyone on the island from coming in and partaking in free booze and finger foods. I lasted 5 minutes before I couldn't handle some of the attitudes anymore. Plus, it was hot. I prefer the more formal reception.

2. They posted security at the doors for Quest. Kids were not allowed to enter. I'm not sure what age they were enforcing.

3. Majesty now has Club 21...the late night South Beach Party. It is held up in the Viking Crown Lounge. It's good to see they are actually using this lounge again for something. Unfortunately, putting in a dance floor eliminated tables and chairs in the very front.

4. They are also now doing a white clothes party on the pool deck one night....they ask everyone to dress in white. If anyone is familiar with NCL's white Hot Party, it is an imitation. Good time though. Look for this on other ships soon, if it's not already happening.

That is totally irresponsible of you to be spreading rumors!

Just kidding, I think it makes for interesting discussion and as a 2 timer on Majesty I'm interested. (Actually I am faithful to my wife, but I have been on Majesty for 2 cruises :o )

I'm glad to see the guards at Quest, though like your spreading rumors this one too will upset some people. :p Personally I don't care how mature their 14 year old is.

Odd idea on the C&A reception. I'll continue to look forward to any rumors, facts, or gossip about the sunshine class.

I just returned from the Majesty and had some interesting talks with the officers. Take this for what it's worth because we all know the future of RCI through the mouths of ship's officers can be incorrect, so I'm not saying this as fact....just rumors.

1. What surprised me the most is a current proposal to dry dock Majesty in February for 3 weeks and totally refurbish her again...this time adding a Chops Grill, interactive TVs, and maybe even a Concierge Lounge. This one particular officer said the Majesty is such a cash cow, they have no plans of getting rid of her anytime in the next few years. This project is pending budget approval.

2. Project Sunshine will introduce waterslides to RCI. Supposedly, they are planning something unique.

Ok, that's it for rumors, but here are a few things they did a little differently on Majesty from my past cruises.

1. C&A reception was held on Coco Cay. Personally, I thought it was a dumb idea. There was nothing stopping anyone on the island from coming in and partaking in free booze and finger foods. I lasted 5 minutes before I couldn't handle some of the attitudes anymore. Plus, it was hot. I prefer the more formal reception.

2. They posted security at the doors for Quest. Kids were not allowed to enter. I'm not sure what age they were enforcing.

3. Majesty now has Club 21...the late night South Beach Party. It is held up in the Viking Crown Lounge. It's good to see they are actually using this lounge again for something. Unfortunately, putting in a dance floor eliminated tables and chairs in the very front.

4. They are also now doing a white clothes party on the pool deck one night....they ask everyone to dress in white. If anyone is familiar with NCL's white Hot Party, it is an imitation. Good time though. Look for this on other ships soon, if it's not already happening.

Thanks Paul....interesting as I have been hearing for years from my crew pals that they were selling MJ off asap.

How was the entertainment...bands, etc.? Haven't been on her in awhile but she's my favorite ship...have sailed on her a ton.

Our last cruise on Navigator they did the C&A event as an extra showing of the ice skating show. It was held on the last day (4-day cruise), and was EMPTY. As most people saw the show earlier in the week.

They had enforced 18+ for the Quest show on my last 2 cruises on Majesty. They had security checking ids (seapass cards) as you went in. I found the Quest show on Majesty to be more risque (and hysterical) then on the big ships that do it in Studio B. It was appropriate to have it 18+ from the ones I saw it there.

How was the entertainment...bands, etc.? Haven't been on her in awhile but she's my favorite ship...have sailed on her a ton.

Entertainment was so so. The production show, Boogie Nights, has been on this ship for a while, so I don't even go anymore. There was a comedian/juggler one night. On another night, there was a comedian that had us in tears. I'm still laughing at some of the things he said, especially during the adult comedy show.

The pool band was excellent. They also played on Coco Cay.

One thing I didn't see was a lounge band. I don't know if this is new, or if Majesty hasn't had one for a while....I really can't remember. However, the show band (Majesty orchestra) did play one night in the Centrum.

The highlight was definitely the night pool parties and Club 21. Majesty definitely caters to a young, active crowd....of which I am trying hard to hold on to. ;)

I found the Quest show on Majesty to be more risque (and hysterical) then on the big ships that do it in Studio B. It was appropriate to have it 18+ from the ones I saw it there.

You are exactly right. The CD, Dave Chapman, was not afraid to get risque. He even dropped a good, dirty joke at the adult comedy show. ;)

Just kidding, I think it makes for interesting discussion and as a 2 timer on Majesty I'm interested. (Actually I am faithful to my wife, but I have been on Majesty for 2 cruises :o )

As long as she is a willing participant, it's all good, right? ;):D

I totallly respect your opinion, but we were on the Monarch, and we loved the reception on Coco Cay. It's a Suite, Pinnacle and Diamond Plus event, and on the several times we have been to Coco Cay this year, we have found this event to be an excellent addition. It's a great opportunity to speak to some of the officers and the location is very pleasant. The area is roped off and hasn't ever been crowded during the times we were there. Maybe the next time you attend the weather will be more comfortable and hopefully you'll get a better impression of this event. Don't give up on it just yet because it really was one of the highlights of our cruise.

Steve

Thanks for the info! Going for trip #2 on her in SEVEN DAYS! I was just on board 3 months ago and this is all new since then.

First, re your rumors, I have mixed feelings about both changes. First, with adding a pay-per-eat venue, I am not a fan of them at all. Especially on retrofits on smaller ships where public space is taken away for the dining venue. Same with waterslides. Usually this means that valuable pool space is taken away to add a waterslide. Carnival even removed pools to add water features.

As far as the changes, while I can not partake in the Crown and Anchor event yet, I agree that it should be on board, but Majesty really strives to maximize everything you get in a week long cruise in 3-4 days, so it may just be a function of no other time/place because of no sea days, etc.

I have no problems with security verifying ages at Quest. I just participated for the 1st time in June and I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would. There really shouldn't be kids there (there were no kids even without security).

Viking Crown was a really underutilized venue. I will miss the tables in front as I spent time up there relaxing. Looking forward to it at night now.

Since NCL's Sky will be within spitting distance, we can have competing 'white hot' parties. Other than wearing white, I assume it will be the same as the midnight buffet/dance party that they had before?

I really like Majesty for a weekend getaway. Nice to hear she will be around for a while!

Also, please wish us luck threading the needle between Maria and the tropical depression forming right behind her.

I totallly respect your opinion, but we were on the Monarch, and we loved the reception on Coco Cay. It's a Suite, Pinnacle and Diamond Plus event, and on the several times we have been to Coco Cay this year, we have found this event to be an excellent addition. It's a great opportunity to speak to some of the officers and the location is very pleasant. The area is roped off and hasn't ever been crowded during the times we were there. Maybe the next time you attend the weather will be more comfortable and hopefully you'll get a better impression of this event. Don't give up on it just yet because it really was one of the highlights of our cruise.

Steve, I probably would have enjoyed it if that was the case for this one. That sounds like a nice event. However, this event was all C&A...Gold through Pinnacle (not suites). It was on the wooden deck next to the Wave Hut by the jet-skis. Even when I went over there, no one carded me to confirm I was C&A. Once the word got out about free rum punches and finger foods, the area was jam packed. From what I was later told, no one ever spoke.

First, with adding a pay-per-eat venue, I am not a fan of them at all. Especially on retrofits on smaller ships where public space is taken away for the dining venue.

Also, please wish us luck threading the needle between Maria and the tropical depression forming right behind her.

I don't mind the addition of a pay restaurant, but what I did mind was hearing that it might replace the current Compass Deli. I know you haven't been on MJ yet, but you'll see the Compass Deli is a hidden gem. It is never crowded and the sandwiches and crepes are fantastic.....and better yet, it's all free. That rumor, I definitely hope is not true.

I wish you luck! I hope your cruise goes off well. MJ really is a special ship and the crew is very welcoming. :)

I don't mind the addition of a pay restaurant, but what I did mind was hearing that it might replace the current Compass Deli. I know you haven't been on MJ yet, but you'll see the Compass Deli is a hidden gem. It is never crowded and the sandwiches and crepes are fantastic.....and better yet, it's all free. That rumor, I definitely hope is not true.

I wish you luck! I hope your cruise goes off well. MJ really is a special ship and the crew is very welcoming. :)

:eek: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :eek:

:eek: Noo... :eek:

Ha! Classic Carol response. ;):D Believe me, I told them it would be a mistake. He said he really didn't know the plan for Compass Deli, but thought it might be moved out in to the Sorrentos area, or maybe replaced with a Park Cafe...hopefully with a wall to separate it. :o

Peerhaps they will replace Johnny Rockets with a different pay venue. I would hate to see them replace the Compass Deli, I keep hoping they will add it to the Monarch.

As far as the rest of the rumors - not sure where they could fit a Concierge lounge.

I was on board MJ in June and liked it so much I am back on board next Friday. I did not have a chance to eat in Compass in June (3 days FLEW by), but certainly will next week - particularly the crepes I have read so much about. I would rather see them replace Johnny Rockets with another pay venue, but to take away a free venue (and the additional seating that Compass has) is not a great idea.

I was on board MJ in June and liked it so much I am back on board next Friday. I did not have a chance to eat in Compass in June (3 days FLEW by), but certainly will next week - particularly the crepes I have read so much about. I would rather see them replace Johnny Rockets with another pay venue, but to take away a free venue (and the additional seating that Compass has) is not a great idea.

Gotcha. My apologies. I misunderstood a C&A comment you made earlier. I took it to mean you have not cruised RCI. :o

Yes, definitely go in and try the crepes. If you like chocolate, I highly recommend the chocolate mousse crepe. Also, CD is a great way to avoid the Windjammer crowd.

Agreed on the JR comment. I'd rather see it replaced. However, that said, they did do good business this past week.

Archived