Ecstasy Review, 9/3/11-9/8/11

Meyer2

DSC_0621.jpg

About 1:00, we went to Lido to get a small snack. I got the cupcake to try, but it was not good at all. It was very dry. :(

DSC_0623.jpg

After we finished with our snack, we headed back to the cabin for a short nap before sail away from Cozumel. :D

Thanks! There will be more to come. ;)

Your welcome. And welcome to Cruise Critic! Yes, carnival.com is free when on board. Make sure you sign up with the website before you leave & also sign up on the FunVille section on Carnival's website. Once you sign up there, you go to the forums & there will be a section with the title 'Currently Onboard'. There you will just start a thread. It is a public forum though, so just remember to keep that in mind. We used initials, etc. but were able to 'leave messages' for each other which makes it nice & it's free which is a bonus. Just make sure, before you walk away from the computers on the ship, to sign out. :) Hope that helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

Can I go to the carnival.com on my IPad for free or only on the ship compute

Such a wonderful review, one of the best!

Our group of 12 cruisers will sail Ecstasy on our 6th annual cruise on October 8th!

I know that she was to go into some kind of "mini drydock" prior to her move to New Orleans. Do you know if that's happened yet?

Your food choices and photos were exquisite! Do you know if and when Ecstasy will go to the "new" menu? It looks like your choices were from the "old" Menu?

Thanks, again, for such a great review!

Can I go to the carnival.com on my IPad for free or only on the ship compute

To be honest, I'm not sure, but I believe if you have your own, you can still access it & not be charged. Hopefully someone will know the answer for sure. :)

Such a wonderful review, one of the best!

Our group of 12 cruisers will sail Ecstasy on our 6th annual cruise on October 8th!

I know that she was to go into some kind of "mini drydock" prior to her move to New Orleans. Do you know if that's happened yet?

Your food choices and photos were exquisite! Do you know if and when Ecstasy will go to the "new" menu? It looks like your choices were from the "old" Menu?

Thanks, again, for such a great review!

Your so welcome! You will have such a great time, She is such a beautiful ship & don't miss the CD Steve Cassell's shows, he plays a mean fiddle! Yes, the Ecstasy is done with the dry dock. New mattresses, I think carpet, etc. things like that. The new menu is there, we were the 2nd cruise to have it, so it will be there for sure when you cruise. I didn't try some of the 'Didja' selections, just not anything that interested me. :)

We set our little alarm & got up about 3:00, so about an hour nap. We decided to go out to the balcony to people watch as everyone was getting in line to board the Legend & the Ecstasy. It was so much fun! There was lots of fun hooting & hollering back & forth between the people of both ships. This didn't happen when DH & I were there back in October with the Conquest. It was great, love the good mood of everyone!

Not sure what cabin type this is for the Legend, but this picture shows the little balcony area, obstructed. Thinking maybe one of the inside cabins that they have, the 'special' type ones. Not sure.

DSC_0627.jpg

DSC_0626.jpg

DSC_0628.jpg

DSC_0629.jpg

The Legend was missing several passengers & they started paging them by name close to 4:00. Amazing to watch some of the really late ones, strolling to get to the ship. I'd be at least walking fast, LOL! Both ships were starting to take the gangways in & getting ready for sailing. Still, several missing from the Legend. The Legend dropped the 1st set of ropes & then 4 people came running to the ship, got on quickly & the gangway was pulled & the rest of the ropes dropped. Too close for me, LOL. Of course, everyone was cheering from both ships.

DSC_0632.jpg

DSC_0634.jpg

Great photo of the Ecstasy I saw the exstasy from Nola on webcam from 9/22!! I miss the triumph:(

Thank-you! I missed getting to see the Ecstasy on the webcam for N.O., I think it will be neat to have the Triumph here for us to try & hopefully, Mom & I will be going Jan. 2013.

Oh, and they Legend & the Ecstasy had the horn battle, awesome!!!

Okay, Bon Voyage Legend

DSC_0647.jpg

DSC_0646.jpg

DSC_0650.jpg

And look here, we are leaving too. LOL. I had gotten so involved watching the Legend leave & we were also talking some with the neighbor in the cabin next to us, I didn't realize our ropes had been dropped.

DSC_0651.jpg

DSC_0652.jpg

DSC_0653.jpg

DSC_0654.jpg

DSC_0657.jpg

After being out on the balcony for awhile, it was then about 4:40 & we went back into the cabin to shower & dress for dinner. We left the cabin about 5:30 & headed to the shops so I could buy some liquor to take home for hubby. It was his Birthday, so I wanted to make sure I took something I knew he'd like, back home. After that quick purchase, we went by the Photo Gallery to look at pictures & then on our way to the Wind Song MDR, we stopped by & had some more pictures taken at one of the backgrounds.

All our table mates were there tonight except of Elisia's Mom. We all enjoyed each other's company & talked about the excursions that some of them had taken.

Mom had: Lobster bisque for a starter, the fish & fried shrimp with fries & cappachino pie for dessert.

DSC_0665.jpg

DSC_0667.jpg

DSC_0669.jpg

I had: Thai chicken tenders for the starter, the Fish & fried shrimp with fries also & WCMC for dessert.

DSC_0666.jpg

DSC_0670.jpg

We also ordered the new B.M.C. (Bacon, mac & cheese with grilled chicken) to share & try. Yum!!

DSC_0668.jpg

The new menu is there, we were the 2nd cruise to have it, so it will be there for sure when you cruise. I didn't try some of the 'Didja' selections, just not anything that interested me. :)

Thanks! I can't say I have been following the new menu info very closely but what I've seen concerned me a tish. However, I saw some old favs in your pics and everything looked yummy!

Look good?? Hope I will try on the Conquest new food :D

It was good, you should try it for sure! :D

Just found and started reading your review and can't wait to read it all. So happy you wrote this you look beautiful and so does your mom! Wish I could have share same with mine but she is too ill to do so.

Love that beautiful colorful bag!

Yay! Hey girlie! Thanks so much. That bag is my mom's, cant' remember when or where she got it, but it is really nice.

The new menu is there, we were the 2nd cruise to have it, so it will be there for sure when you cruise. I didn't try some of the 'Didja' selections, just not anything that interested me. :)

Thanks! I can't say I have been following the new menu info very closely but what I've seen concerned me a tish. However, I saw some old favs in your pics and everything looked yummy!

Yes, there is still some old favs, Yay! The new fried shrimp that I posted I had for a starter is SO good! Next time I'm ordering 2 of those. LOL. :o

DSC_0270.jpg

Beautiful Picture of You and your MOM!

Thanks so much!

Oh thanks you :D

Your most welcome!

Oh, this is so much fun! Thank you for sharing and what great memories you are making with your mom! LOVE the Spirit class ships aka the Legend...Can't wait to read the rest! Happy Cruising! :);):D

Thanks so much. I hope to some day we get to sail on one of the Spirit class ships, as I've heard so much good things about them.

You did an awesome job with your review and photos! Are you a professional photographer? Thanks so much for the info - I leave on Ectasy October 22. Can't wait!

Thank-you! No, I am not a professional photographer, just a wanna be. ;) You will have a wonderful time on the Ecstasy!!!

Your most welcome!

Thanks so much. I hope to some day we get to sail on one of the Spirit class ships, as I've heard so much good things about them.

Thank-you! No, I am not a professional photographer, just a wanna be. ;) You will have a wonderful time on the Ecstasy!!!

Lol! Almost your over review? Right me?

Archived