Ecstasy Review, 9/3/11-9/8/11

Meyer2

As we were docking, we finished putting our things into our bags & then went to the MDR for breakfast. We both had french toast & bacon. Once finished we went back to the cabin to hang out on the balcony for a little bit. We watched as crew members, were getting off & the start of the self assist passengers. We were in zone 11 & really in no big rush as DH was coming to pick us up after he dropped our youngest kids off at school. It would take him a little over an hour to drive to the terminal to get us. I forget exactly what time, but I believe a few minutes before 9, we headed to the Promenade deck to wait our turn. We sat right at a table in front of the Rolls Royce Cafe. Self assist debarkation lasted exactly 30 minutes like CD Steve C. had announced & then zone boarding started. Within a few minutes, zone 11 was called & we went back to the Empress deck & there was no wait for the line & we were off the ship. :(

We got a Porter almost immediately, got our bags & in line for customs. (With Passports) We were done & waiting outside on one of the benches for hubby about 9:30! Super quick! He was there about 10 minutes after that & we were on our way back home. :)

We had a wonderful time & truly enjoyed our cruise. Both of us really liked Progreso, I know I read several that didn't like that port much, but we sure did. Great service all around on the Ecstasy & we hope to sail Her again some day. Now I look forward to sailing the Magic with DH for our 15th Anniversary in December & with our kids & my parents again in August!

Great Review!!! 9 more days and we'll be on her! I see that you mentioned going to the internet cafe a few times to stay in touch with family. We are leaving our two small kids with family and really want to check in, but don't want a huge phone bill. Can you tell me a little more about the internet cafe? Tks

Your review is wonderful. Thank you for taking the time to post it. We took this same trip in June 2010 and had a wonderful time also. Your review brought back lots of memories.

Your welcome & Thank-you!

Really enjoyed your review and photos. Thanks so much for sharing with us. It brought back memories of my cruise on the Ecstasy!:D

Your welcome too & Thank-you!

Great Review!!! 9 more days and we'll be on her! I see that you mentioned going to the internet cafe a few times to stay in touch with family. We are leaving our two small kids with family and really want to check in, but don't want a huge phone bill. Can you tell me a little more about the internet cafe? Tks

Thanks so much! Sure, here's some info, let me know if you have any further questions. I'll be glad to help.

Yes, carnival.com is free when on board. Make sure you sign up with the website before you leave & also sign up on the FunVille section on Carnival's website. Once you sign up there, you go to the forums & there will be a section with the title 'Currently Onboard'. There you will just start a thread. It is a public forum though, so just remember to keep that in mind. We used initials, etc. but were able to 'leave messages' for each other which makes it nice & it's free which is a bonus. Just make sure, before you walk away from the computers on the ship, to sign out. Hope that helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

Just wanted to add a thank you. I will be on Ecstasy in January with my three girlfriends. Being from NYC originally, I'm sure I'll like the NYC theme! Thanks for all the info!

Your very welcome! Enjoy your cruise!

I wish I can save your review because we just booked the Ecstacy for the first week in November :D Really excited to have this preview excellent job!! Thanks so much!! The food looked really good!:p

Thank-you! Glad you were able to enjoy the review. Have a wonderful time on your cruise!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank You so much for putting so much time into your review with posting so many great photos... I saw you post a reply on another post and the link to this review.(and so glad I did see it).. We are going on our first Family Cruise this December on Ecstasy and after seeing all your photos I am so much more excited!! Thank You again!! :D

• 6 months later...
Okay, so after dinner, we stopped by the cabin for a quick minute to put the camera up & enjoy the balcony for a few minutes. (We LOVE looking out from the balcony) We then headed to the Starlite lounge for the Family Punchliner Comedy Show with comedian Cee Jay. Our table mates, Eunice & Susanne & Elisia & Roxanne ended up joining & sitting with us for the show. We all agreed that we thought he was funny & enjoyed the show.

After the show, we went by the Internet Cafe to check in with the family through the Carnival.com website & then to the Photo Gallery to look at our pictures. Then it was time for the Extreme Country Show. I had many great reviews & that is was a show not to miss. I totally agree!!! Just wonderful & the CD Steve C. does an awesome job with the fiddle. So glad we didn't miss this show.

After the show, we headed back to the cabin, changed & then put a few things together for our Progreso excursion the next morning. Then it was time for wine & treats. :D The treats had been delivered to the cabin earlier in the day, as a gift to Grammie from my kids. We finally went to bed close to 1 a.m.

DSC_0235.jpg

A few sunset pictures:

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

And we are getting so close to Progreso:

DSC_0237.jpg

I love your reviews. Actually one of my relatives was good friends with Sir Frances Beaufort(Beaufort Scale Fame) right around the time the scale was invented.

Archived