Fort lauderdale taxi service

TWO4THESEA

Greetings; Just trying to get more info regarding our recent booking on the Equinox Jan 23, 12. We'll be arriving at Ft Lauderdale Airport about 6am on the 23. The ship leaves in the afternoon. I'm wondering, how we get from the AP to the Dock. Are there shuttles available? What would be the average cost of a Taxi? Someone posted that it's walking distance, but I doubt that very much. We're just trying to gather as much info as possible that CC sites have really been of great help.

thanks in advance.

No, it's not walking distance but the airport is very close to the port and the cruise ship terminals.

Line-of-sight the distance is no more than approx 2.5 miles. By roads that translates to no more than 5-8 minute cab ride depending on whether there is a line for cars to get into the port.

Most of the rental car companies have shuttles that go to the various terminals. Cab fare runs in the $15-$25 range. Sorry but I can't give you the exact cab cost. We usually fly into Ft. Lauderdale Executive Airport, leave the plane there and pick up a rental car.

:):)

It's not within walking distance. As I recall it cost us about $22. The bigger issue is what to do at the pier so early. You will be getting there right as the other ships are unloading. I doubt they will even be setup to take your luggage. Just plan for a bit of a wait.

Think we paid $12 from the port to the airport in april.

This sounds about right to me. It's been a while since we've taken a cab to the ship since we usually arrive a day or two early but it seems a cab from the Port everglades pier to the airport runs something like $15.

I really don't have much of a suggestion to the OP on what to do that early. I don't know what time they start collecting luggage at the pier but doubt that it is that it is much before 9AM and maybe later. If it wasn't for the luggage I'd suggest heading someplace for a nice slow breakfast. Maybe there is some place at the airport outside of security areas where there is a restuarant. I know there are some OK ones there but don't recall if they are inside or outside of security.

Is it easy to take a cab from port to the airport? In otherwords, do they hang out waiting for fares?

Quite easy. The last few times we've cruised Port Everglades, taxis were lined up and waiting both at both ends. Little or no wait and the fares were in the $20 range with tip.

Just wondering if anyone knows how far the Tri-Rail station is from the port? We will be spending a couple of days pre and post-cruise in Boca Raton with my brother and sister-in-law and using Tri-Rail to get to and from the port.

Any idea on the cost of a taxi from there?

Is it easy to take a cab from port to the airport? In otherwords, do they hang out waiting for fares?

Yes - there is a line of cabs at both the airport and the cruise terminal. The only time we've ever had an issue getting a cab was when disembarking from a holiday (New Year's) cruise in 2005. The cruise port was overwhelmed and there was a shortage of cabs. The other half dozen or so times we've disembarked at FLL it has been no problem at all.

The tri rail is not to far away but you should get off at the Dania Beach stop and not the Fort Lauderdale stop. Dania puts you closer and it is safer. The Fort Lauderdale stop puts you about a mile west of downtown.

Thanks very much for the good advice, we will do that! :)

taxi driver will stop at walgreens or something of that nature to pick up WINE if you need to get your 2 bottles !!!

just ask ...

this cost another 2-3 dollars for the meter to run whilst in the store

but I believe our total was 17 bucks

Don't book a transfer, cabs are cheaper and you go when you want....Not the case with the transfers...

Our first time in Fort Lauderdale to cruise, we booked transfer with Celebrity. They were waiting for us at the luggage area and the wait was not long to board bus to cruise terminal. The cost was higher than a cab but for newbies to FLL, it worked for us. Since then we know to pick a cab from ship to airport. Always arrive a day or two early and stay at hotel with shuttle.

This sounds about right to me. It's been a while since we've taken a cab to the ship since we usually arrive a day or two early but it seems a cab from the Port everglades pier to the airport runs something like $15.

I really don't have much of a suggestion to the OP on what to do that early. I don't know what time they start collecting luggage at the pier but doubt that it is that it is much before 9AM and maybe later. If it wasn't for the luggage I'd suggest heading someplace for a nice slow breakfast. Maybe there is some place at the airport outside of security areas where there is a restuarant. I know there are some OK ones there but don't recall if they are inside or outside of security.

Check out this link. It appears there are all kinds of places to eat outside of security. Good luck and good sailing.

http://www.broward.org/Airport/Terminals/Pages/Restaurants.aspx

Archived