Best Piano Entertainer on Carnival? (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

• 2 weeks later...
If I had to guess, I would guess it will be Ron Pass if he is available. Ron and John H tend to take the new ships out.

That would be good from the look of the reviews. We are new to Carnival but really enjoyed Kory Simon on the Independence. I presume PBs are similar across the cruise lines?

That would be good from the look of the reviews. We are new to Carnival but really enjoyed Kory Simon on the Independence. I presume PBs are similar across the cruise lines?

Not at all!

You will go to some piano bars and they will be empty because the player is just awful can't sing or can't play well. Or the PB player is just stuck in his own world playing the same set every night. Most PB's are at their best when the player will interact with the crowd and keep the crowd going with a diverse song selection and as it gets later into the night the songs get a little more adult in theme.(IMO)

Not at all!

You will go to some piano bars and they will be empty because the player is just awful can't sing or can't play well. Or the PB player is just stuck in his own world playing the same set every night. Most PB's are at their best when the player will interact with the crowd and keep the crowd going with a diverse song selection and as it gets later into the night the songs get a little more adult in theme.(IMO)

Thats what we enjoy so much, the crowd interaction and the later the hour the bluer the comedy! I will keep an eye on this thread nearer the time and will cross fingers for a good piano man, or woman!

Just off the Legend 8/12/2012 sailing. Jordan Heppner was awesome but only went to see him first night as piano bar never would fill up. I don't smoke but i swear since no smoking is allowed in there the crowds have all but died. He was great but regardless could not get a big crowd.....very sad. Jordan your awesome!

Just off the Legend 8/12/2012 sailing. Jordan Heppner was awesome but only went to see him first night as piano bar never would fill up. I don't smoke but i swear since no smoking is allowed in there the crowds have all but died. He was great but regardless could not get a big crowd.....very sad. Jordan your awesome!

Agree 100%. I vehemently dislike cigarette smoke, but.........the piano bar is my favorite venue and a vibrant crowd makes it way more fun. And, since I'm a non-smoker, I can get a seat around the piano, but still benefit from the fun the crowd lends to the piano bar atmosphere. My last two cruises, the piano bar has been dead! Hardly anyone in there. I wish Carnival would redesignate the piano bar a smoking venue. But, I do wonder if they purposely made the piano bar non-smoking to cut down on attendance so that, later, they would be able to do away with this venue by saying, it was no longer well attended.

Does anyone have experience with Tom Grable? I see he is the PB entertainer on the Paradise when I sail.

DH and I saw him on the Imagination in Aug 2010. He was ok. He had a decent singing voice and could play pretty well, but the thing I didn't care for about him was that he had no playlist and half the songs I requested, he didn't know. I soon figured out that he did only oldies, so that's what I started requesting.

He told us that he had come from some other (higher end) cruise line like Crystal or Silversea or something. Also, he didn't draw a crowd at all. 90% of the time, it was just DH and me in there. We did tip him and DH bought him several martinis (not sure that helped though).

PB on the Spirit class ship have a hard time getting a crowd because of the location they are in. No one finds them upstairs all by themselves. I have never been on a Spirit class ship with a hopping PB. Most PBE's would prefer almost any ship other that a Spirit class ship.

PB on the Spirit class ship have a hard time getting a crowd because of the location they are in. No one finds them upstairs all by themselves. I have never been on a Spirit class ship with a hopping PB. Most PBE's would prefer almost any ship other that a Spirit class ship.

Very true.

Jordan knew this going into this contract. He's trying to make the best of it and hoping things pick up a bit once school starts. Lots of kids on board usually means a quieter nightlife. He's had both of these things working against him.

JerseyshoreBruce, thanks for the kind words! I will pass them on to Jordan.

I've no doubt this is true, but we were on the Miracle way back in 2008, and the piano bar with Roger Concepcion was packed. But, Roger is very good, so that may be why. Also, the piano bars were "smoking" back then.

DH and I saw him on the Imagination in Aug 2010. He was ok. He had a decent singing voice and could play pretty well, but the thing I didn't care for about him was that he had no playlist and half the songs I requested, he didn't know. I soon figured out that he did only oldies, so that's what I started requesting.

He told us that he had come from some other (higher end) cruise line like Crystal or Silversea or something. Also, he didn't draw a crowd at all. 90% of the time, it was just DH and me in there. We did tip him and DH bought him several martinis (not sure that helped though).

Urgh, sounds like the last three cruises. Thanks for your input, you just saved me a couple of hours of frustration.