Best Piano Entertainer on Carnival? (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

DiveTrash, have you heard anything about Scott Lyles? I checked the FB group and couldn't find any comments about him...have you heard anything?

I've never sailed with him, but I've chatted on line with him a little and he seems very nice, interested in making sure everyone has a good time.

As far as what others say, these are from the Bar-Barians page:

On March 2, 2015: "We just got back from the Dream with Scott Lyles in the piano bar. (I think the schedule has him as Timothy). He was definitely one of our favorite PBEs so far. He has a wide range of songs, great personality, good singer, and amazing piano skills. He went into some mashups on the fly that were really great. Sometimes it can be hard to find a PBE that's a great musician as well as a great personality and he definitely has both"

On January 22,2016: " I may be biased, but I think he's amazing! Show reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfp1LrX3q2o&feature=youtu.be"

One person on his second cruise of his first contract last year said "He was just okay"

His FB page is "Scott Lyles Music".

We will be going on the Glory (April 23rd) with Martin Aucoin preforming in the Piano Bar. We have not heard him in our past cruises. Any feed back on him would be appreciated. Many thanks. John F. :)

He's horrible! Of my 10 carnival cruises, Martin Aucoin and Kyle Bronson were by far the worst piano "entertainers" I've seen. Piano bar will be empty the entire week.

Marty Gast, Seth, Ben Gentry, Ron Pass, Natalie Carboni were all AMAZING and I'd give all of them 9 or 10 out of 10. Martin and Kyle both 1 out of 10.

• 4 weeks later...

Any comments or reviews about John Milligan? We're sailing on the Sunshine over Spring Break and we frequently enjoy the PBE however, our last two cruises we were disappointed. Hoping for a better experience this time!!

Any comments or reviews about John Milligan? We're sailing on the Sunshine over Spring Break and we frequently enjoy the PBE however, our last two cruises we were disappointed. Hoping for a better experience this time!!

He's brand new to the Carnival schedule. I do believe this is him however:

http://www.johnmilligan.com.au/

He's also on the big social media site that shall no be named under John Milligan Music

Happy cruising.

Laura

Edited by divetrash

• 1 month later...

Was the experience better? I hope so.

I am on the Sunshine soon.

Wondering about your thoughts on John Milligan.

Was the experience better? I hope so.

I am on the Sunshine soon.

Wondering about your thoughts on John Milligan.

Well it looks like John Milligan isn't the PBE, it's some other guy named Sho Ishikura, and it sounds like he might not be really experienced. I was hoping to hear better things because I was really looking forward to the piano bar for my cruise at the end of the month, maybe my experience will be better.

Has anyone had experience with Jimi Finn in the PB ? He'll be on our Sunshine cruise this spring. (I searched the thread but only saw references to Jimi Finn on the probable calendars) :)

I cruised with him last year and while I had a good time, I found him to be too repetitive. Not trashing him, just spoiled by others I enjoy more.

TC gets lots of great comments over on the Piano Bar-Barians group. He was one of the 4 entertainers,along with Ben Gentry, Marty Gast and "Piano Bar Bob" Berhalter, on the Piano Bar-barians group cruise on the Breeze. From all heard, it was an epic piano bar.

I have some friends that adore TC. High energy and interactive and very good skills.

The PB cruise was a blast! Are you going to make it to next year's PB cruise? Same four entertainers, with Bob as the PBE on the job.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello All!!

Any info on "Roddy" would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!

We've sailed with Roddy twice. He's not as energetic as some of the younger PBE's but he's got a pretty good selection of music.

I would put him in the same category as Larry who was on the Conquest in 2012-2013.

We had Roddy on our last cruise. He was an excellent piano player and an adequate singer. I found his selection of music to be limited; He did say he had lost some of his files. We enjoyed his chit chat between selections - just the right amount to keep the audience engaged.

We were just on Conquest and the Piano Dude was pretty good piano player, terrible singer. If arrogance counted, he was Liberace. We went once and survived 20 minutes.

We were on the Conquest recently and the Piano Bar Entertainer was an arrogant d-bag! The piano bar is our favorite nightly hangout~ we prefer it to the comedy club and theater, but we've never experienced anything like this. We went the first 3 nights, then decided we couldn't stand the guy. Every night a group of us (strangers who all became friends because of this lol!) would walk out saying to one another, "Is this guy serious?" He was very childish, rude and condescending to the participants, lecturing and scolding those who were requesting songs that apparently he couldn't play. Half the time we couldn't figure out why he was scolding someone.

We spent the rest of the cruise hanging right outside the nearly empty piano bar at Alchemy and had a great time with some awesome new friends- but we all did miss our piano bar sing-alongs. And a bunch of us who met on this cruise have all since booked the Vista together, and the joke is, "We better not have _______ _______" as our piano bar entertainer.

We've sailed with Roddy twice. He's not as energetic as some of the younger PBE's but he's got a pretty good selection of music.

I would put him in the same category as Larry who was on the Conquest in 2012-2013.

We had Roddy on our last cruise. He was an excellent piano player and an adequate singer. I found his selection of music to be limited; He did say he had lost some of his files. We enjoyed his chit chat between selections - just the right amount to keep the audience engaged.

Thank you for your input! I usually find a way to have fun in the Piano Bar ;)

We spent the rest of the cruise hanging right outside the nearly empty piano bar at Alchemy and had a great time with some awesome new friends- but we all did miss our piano bar sing-alongs. And a bunch of us who met on this cruise have all since booked the Vista together, and the joke is, "We better not have _______ _______" as our piano bar entertainer.

If you will be on the Vista between now and mid-September, you will get Ben Gentry; I've cruised with him 4 times, 2 of those times booked specifically because he was the PBE :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Any recent comments or experiences with Mark Haven (currently on the Valor).

I'm always amazed at some of the comments here.

With 25years of sailing, we have never had a "bad" PBE -- just some more experienced than others. We have had the privilege of breaking-in a few who were on their first Carnival PB contract - even their first sailing, some including this guy named Ben Gentry and a couple others over the years are still there.