Boarding

katcas

I have a question. On the cruise documents it says boarding time is 12-2:30 and the ship leaves at 4. Our flight gets into Miani at 12:50. Is this going to leave us enough time? I am a tad nervous about this.

Thanks

I would be nervous about a flight coming in that late.....:eek:.

I have a question. On the cruise documents it says boarding time is 12-2:30 and the ship leaves at 4. Our flight gets into Miani at 12:50. Is this going to leave us enough time? I am a tad nervous about this.

Thanks

We are leaving on the Glory the next with the same timings. Carnival says as long is your on the ship by before 3pm you should be good.

We are leaving on the Glory the next with the same timings. Carnival says as long is your on the ship by before 3pm you should be good.

As quoted in CCL FAQ's

Note: You must check in at least 1 ½ hours prior to departure or risk cancellation of your reservation.

As quoted in CCL FAQ's

Note: You must check in at least 1 ½ hours prior to departure or risk cancellation of your reservation.

That is correct if you havent filled out your funpass ahead of time.

Its 60 minutes if you filled out the funpass ahead of time.

Bill

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Flying into Miami from Boston and ship leaving out of Miami. There will be 14 of us and all with checked luggage. Great, now I am really nervous:eek:

Good Luck! I'm looking at the outdoor thermometer right now and it's reading 41 degrees and it's October 29th. If we are in for a early winter, you could be in trouble. As soon as the white stuff starts flying, all bets are off. On my first cruise which was in December of that year, the ship waited because so many passengers were delayed by snow (December 7th). Some came from Boston. :eek:

I would be nervous about that. If you don't have any delays or problems then you should be fine. I would try to get to the airport and fly standby. I doubt you can do that with 14 other people. Good Luck!! Hope you make it!! If you booked through Carnival they will wait on you.

It's a 20 min ride from MIA to POM...it's more than doable, unless there are delays. Did you book on your own, or thru Carnival? If they made the flight arrangements, don't get too worried....they do this all the time. If there are alot of folks on that flight, they will get you there.

It's always better to fly into your departure port the day prior...but that's not always possible.

For our first cruise, there were 8 of us traveling from Montreal to Miami, the day of the cruise. We were scheduled to land at 1:30 pm in Miami. Well, being a Sunday, they were short of groundcrew in Montreal - and our flight was delayed for about an hour. We were very nervous about missing the ship. We finally landed in MIA at 2:30, ran to the luggage conveyer where the Carnival airport personnel were waiting for us! Luckily, we had also booked transport through Carnival - and made it to the ship on time.

I just changed my flight for our next cruise in March, because our return flight was changed from 2:30 pm to 11:00 am. Not willing to risk missing our flight, we're now leaving Sunday instead...extra day in Florida for us!

Personally, I would change the flight. I've read too many stories about people missing their cruise...not worth it.

I hope everything works out for you :)

Good Luck! I'm looking at the outdoor thermometer right now and it's reading 41 degrees and it's October 29th. If we are in for a early winter, you could be in trouble. As soon as the white stuff starts flying, all bets are off. On my first cruise which was in December of that year, the ship waited because so many passengers were delayed by snow (December 7th). Some came from Boston. :eek:

Maybe your thermometer isn't working right. Your calendar seems to be off too.:D

Bill

Thanks

In my experience working for an airline I would say no, go the day before. I see it day in and day out people who booked the flight the day of the cruise, and I'm always the mean guy that has to tell them "sorry our flight has been delayed due to xxx and the soonest i can get you to Miami is 5:00" and no matter how "unacceptable that is for you because you have a cruise leaving at 4:30" there isn't very much the airline can do when something has gone wrong.

Thanks

Keep the Carnival phone # handy and if you are late call them. I've been on cruises where the ship waited. You probably won't be the only ones on that plane going on your cruise. Unless you are going in the worst winter months you probably won't have a problem. Most airlines figure in a landing time beyond what they expect, to keep their on-time record good so you probably will be closer to 12:30. Also if you book ground transportation thru Carnival that may help.

Thanks everyone. We called Carnival and as long as we check in by 3:30, we are good. Hopefully no delays. We did book through Carnival. If we are delayed due to weather and miss the ship, they fly us to the next port. I don't want that to happen:eek: I would be bummed. One of the best parts is sailing away from the port with a drink in hand:D

Archived