Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Lisa, perhaps you should get a job as a model :). You look fantastic. I love all your dress and gowns.

Hope you and Walt are doing well.

xoxo

M

You are so sweet, Marie. We are doing great...getting ready to go to Las Vegas a week from tomorrow. Today is all about going to the salon and spa for some pampering, so I don't have red roots showing for the trip. I may also change my hair style, but I have not decided 100% which direction that I will go with it. :) Have a wonderful time in Paris!!!

Lisa

Cat, I love your dresses! And it's fantastic that you embrace color too. IMHO, too many ladies stick to a black palette...I used to be guilty of that as well. I love seeing ladies dressed in vibrant colors and patterns.

Lisa

I agree about we all tend to wear too much black for formal and semi-formal events. However, I was looking at a lot of formal dresses last night on-line, and the majority were black. Many of the brighter colored dresses were more prom-like or bridal party like.

Now, I am one of the fluffy ladies, and of an older age, so I tend to prefer more simple lines and color and less trendier dresses. In my defense I have a magenta lace dress that I wore for formal night on my last cruise and plan to wear it again on our NE cruise. I love color and wear a lot of bright colors in my casual clothes. I just go more conservative for formal wear.

cruise.

Cat, I love your dresses! And it's fantastic that you embrace color too. IMHO, too many ladies stick to a black palette...I used to be guilty of that as well. I love seeing ladies dressed in vibrant colors and patterns.

Lisa

--------------------

Hi Lisa ... I love all the colours in the dresses and love love love your latest dress !!! I have to admit that I have several black dresses but then I wear a colourful jacket or poncho over them ... ... I took some material into my seamstress last week and she is making me up 6 more the cruise (and the office after the cruise lol) the ponchos are light weight so the breeze can go through them but keep me covered up from the sun as I burn easily ... I will post them once I get them back from her :)

now I will be 50 (it is just a number lol ) in January and if I could afford anything that I wanted then I love some of Igigi's more colourful dresses and of love animal prints too :-)

I have friends that say "Wow I wish I was brave enough to wear that animal print" and I am not to sure if that is a complement or not lol but I choose to take it as a complement lol :-)

http://www.shopstyle.com/browse?fts=plus+size+multi+colored+dress#/browse/plus-size-dresses?fts=plus+size+multi+colored+dress&fl=b29041

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/igigi-anyone#axzz2kDcS37XL

Edited by cat_in_cda

--------------------

Hi Lisa ... I love all the colours in the dresses and love love love your latest dress !!! I have to admit that I have several black dresses but then I wear a colourful jacket or poncho over them ... ... I took some material into my seamstress last week and she is making me up 6 more the cruise (and the office after the cruise lol) the ponchos are light weight so the breeze can go through them but keep me covered up from the sun as I burn easily ... I will post them once I get them back from her :)

now I will be 50 (it is just a number lol ) in January and if I could afford anything that I wanted then I love some of Igigi's more colourful dresses and of love animal prints too :-)

I have friends that say "Wow I wish I was brave enough to wear that animal print" and I am not to sure if that is a complement or not lol but I choose to take it as a complement lol :-)

http://www.shopstyle.com/browse?fts=plus+size+multi+colored+dress#/browse/plus-size-dresses?fts=plus+size+multi+colored+dress&fl=b29041

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/igigi-anyone#axzz2kDcS37XL

I do own a black dress, but I pair it with bright scarves or a bright jacket. Yesterday I found a beautiful teal structured blazer at WHBM and had to have it. It will look great with so many of my dresses, including the LBD.

One of my favorite dresses is my Calvin Klein leopard print dress. I get the same comments about being brave to wear animal print. I think the key to animal print is to pick one article of clothing or an accessory with the animal print...not 5 different prints in one outfit. :eek: I think watching What Not to Wear for years has helped me not go too crazy with multiple print pieces.

Lisa

I do own a black dress, but I pair it with bright scarves or a bright jacket. Yesterday I found a beautiful teal structured blazer at WHBM and had to have it. It will look great with so many of my dresses, including the LBD.

One of my favorite dresses is my Calvin Klein leopard print dress. I get the same comments about being brave to wear animal print. I think the key to animal print is to pick one article of clothing or an accessory with the animal print...not 5 different prints in one outfit. :eek: I think watching What Not to Wear for years has helped me not go too crazy with multiple print pieces.

Lisa

---------------------------------

Love animal print :)

What a great website...was just browsing and the prints and colors are so pretty..I have to book mark that one!

Michelle:)

I LOVE color!

These are my cruise 'day' dresses

http://www.jamsworldshop.com/browse.cfm/connie-dress/2,113.html

And when I'm on the island I live in these, F21 camis and Havaianas:

http://www.jamsworldshop.com/browse.cfm/hattie-skirt/2,462.html

BTW, I'm 56:eek: and still unfraid of colour, or bikinis!!

What a great website...was just browsing and the prints and colors are so pretty..I have to book mark that one!

Michelle:)

They also pack REALLY well!!!, and are wash and wear. Jams does some pretty decent online sales~~~~but!!! You can score some amazing deals on ebay!!!

I bought most of my Connie dresses and Hattie skirts either at the Jams outlet in Honolulu or ebay!!! You can find new and barely worn dresses for under $20!

2 other great silhouettes are the Hattie dress and the Marilyn (a classic aloha sheath dress)

282jcp4.jpg

250kpqp.jpg

I LOVE color!

These are my cruise 'day' dresses

http://www.jamsworldshop.com/browse.cfm/connie-dress/2,113.html

And when I'm on the island I live in these, F21 camis and Havaianas:

http://www.jamsworldshop.com/browse.cfm/hattie-skirt/2,462.html

BTW, I'm 56:eek: and still unfraid of colour, or bikinis!!

Thanks for posting - what a great site! I'll have to remember about the outlet when we do our Hawaii cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanks for the tips! You could be an expert spokeswoman for their line:)

They also pack REALLY well!!!, and are wash and wear. Jams does some pretty decent online sales~~~~but!!! You can score some amazing deals on ebay!!!

I bought most of my Connie dresses and Hattie skirts either at the Jams outlet in Honolulu or ebay!!! You can find new and barely worn dresses for under $20!

2 other great silhouettes are the Hattie dress and the Marilyn (a classic aloha sheath dress)

282jcp4.jpg

250kpqp.jpg

This is their 3rd cruise but 1st time for big fancy dress. They arrived today and the girls are so excited! One is a real tomboy type so this is surprising me. She had me braid her hair and put pretties in it when she tried the dress on for Daddy. What do you think? The girls are 10 and 12 and growing up fast...

456476225_CheyennesDress.jpg.18127852564f1f0d0eafe41579c55983.jpg

248132773_KayasDress.jpg.764a069eb3dbe3eb56be39f5fca0a8e6.jpg

This is their 3rd cruise but 1st time for big fancy dress. They arrived today and the girls are so excited! One is a real tomboy type so this is surprising me. She had me braid her hair and put pretties in it when she tried the dress on for Daddy. What do you think? The girls are 10 and 12 and growing up fast...

I think these dresses are very pretty and completely age appropriate--grown up with a sprinkle of princess in them.

How fun that the tomboy is pleased to be dressing up. Things do change!

My 17 yo daughter loves dressing up at any time and loves that cruising gives her that chance.

Have a wonderful cruise!

The dresses are beautiful and very age appropriate. :D

Lisa