caribe deck

rosehill

We are in C-726 on the Caribe deck on the crown.... The Baja Deck is above and I was wondering if anyone knew if the deck above is directly above or can they look down. I am trying to avoid "garbage" etc. etc. on my balcony.. I appreciate any info you can give me.. Thank you

Baja Deck occupants will indeed be able to look over part of your balcony as Caribe balconies are 5' X 9' and as such are half covered.

I think you are letting your mind detract from your cruise before it even starts. First of all it is forbidden to throw anything over the side, so it is highly unlikely you will see floating gum/candy wrappers etc falling from the heavens (Baja Deck). As your ship generally cruises from 16-23 knots, the chance of floating paper landing on your small area of real estate is next to none.

You don't say when you are cruising, but effective 15 Jan 2012 it will also be prohibited to smoke in staterooms and on balconies so no chance of butts on the bod if that was of some concern to you before you leave.

Sometimes you read these threads and there are some gripes and complaints that are legitimate while there are others we are sure that are posted just to raise others' ire.

Recommend you take a deep breath, slow down, just relax, enjoy your cruise, and "Escape Completely" with Princess, Capt Nick Nash (if still aboard) and the Crown crew who are fantastic.

Ciao for now!!!

The balcony for the cabin above you overlooks the outer half of your balcony and the other half of your balcony is covered by that balcony. If you are standing at your balcony rail people on the balcony above look directly down on you.

In all the times we've stayed in Caribe deck cabins the people above us have never thrown items on our deck. Occasionally some debris blows onto the balcony and on one cruise there was a little girl next to us who tried to throw bread at some birds and it fell on the balcony on the Dolphin deck below us.

As a "rule" about 1/3 of the balconey will be covered.

As far as debris or garbage, it depends on what is above and ahead of you. If you are just below and slightly behind pulic bar areas, expect presents on your balconey.

Baja Deck occupants will indeed be able to look over part of your balcony as Caribe balconies are 5' X 9' and as such are half covered.
Caribe balconies are 9' x 9'.

As a "rule" about 1/3 of the balconey will be covered.

Actually, a bit more than ½ of a Caribe deck balcony is covered.

The balconies on Caribe are 9' x 9', the balconies on Baja are 9' x 5'. So, they are covered about 5' out from the sliding door.

Lew

Caribe balconies are 9' x 9'.

Actually, a bit more than ½ of a Caribe deck balcony is covered.

The balconies on Caribe are 9' x 9', the balconies on Baja are 9' x 5'. So, they are covered about 5' out from the sliding door.

Lew

This might be correct if the superstructure of the ship went straight up.

However, The Princess ships narrow ABOVE Caribe. This “setback” is why the balconies on Caribe are much deeper than any other desk. Back a few years ago I packed a small cloth measuring tape from a sewing kit to measure our Caribe balcony. The overhang from Baja was 36”.

This might be correct if the superstructure of the ship went straight up

I understand what you're saying; however, balcony cabins on the Ruby for instance are the same size from Caribe deck up to Riviera deck. Also, each cabin above Caribe sits directly on top of the cabin below. The only difference in the cabins in the size of their balconies: Caribe at 9' x 9'; all others are 9' x 5'.

The balconies from Baja cabins extend 5' out, covering 5' of the Caribe balcony below.

As you stated, Princess ships narrow ABOVE Caribe. This is true, but only the balcony is narrower. If you look at the deck plans of Caribe and Baja you'll see what I mean.

If, as you say, the overhang is 36" and not 60", that would mean the ship is 4' narrower on Baja deck than on Caribe deck. I just don't think that is the case.

Lew

I've had quite a few Caribe balconies and it's been many years since I've had any debris float down on it. I've had paint flakes as they painted way above me but that's been it. This is not something to worry about. If you have any, just tell your steward and they'll clean it up. Relax and have a great cruise.

You'll be fine. There's such a small chance that someone above would throw things on your balcony. I've done a few mini-suites on dolphin deck that are fully exposed and never had any problems at all. And, if anyone is actually paying attention to me on my balcony I really never noticed it.

Have a wonderful cruise:)

Caribe deck is our favorite because of the large balcony. If you are sitting under the covering, you are below the balcony above you, so it is pretty private. We enjoy having the option of sitting in the sun, or out of the sun, as we choose, and having so much more room. Never had a problem with things from above landing on our balcony.

We have had three Caribe balconies on the Crown and have never had any problems with debris. However, in the wee hours of the morning, some water may "rain" upon the deck when the Riviera deck is swabbed in the public areas. I think you'll be too far back and not sleeping on the balcony for that to be an issue.

The issue of people looking down onto your balcony is a non-issue unless you are busy gawking at all the Dolphin balconies. Looking up, the man wearing a robe on the Baja deck was an eyeful!:eek:

When we book a cruise, it's Caribe deck for us unless Dolphin deck prices are too good to pass up.

We booked a Balcony Cat. D during one of Princess' Three Day Sales on the Crown. Got a good rate. When our cabin was assigned..last week..We were upgraded to a BB..on the Caribe Deck.

Nice reading this information. It is an aft cabin. Little worried about that. I was seasick when we once had a cabin..almost in the bow of the Ship. Big Ship Too.

Nice news about the balconys.

Archived