Just in case you're interested

5fathom

Pia, shouldn't you be on an airplane??

I'm as impatient for your cruise to begin as if I were going. I soooooo want to do this itinerary and can't wait to hear all about your voyage.

Hey............ you trying to get rid of me? :D I am sooooooooo ready, but still one more sleep. I'm so charged it will be a miracle if I sleep tonight. DH of course will have no problem; here or on the plane.

With 750 Elite passengers on one cruise, you would think there needs to be another rung on the ladder ...."Elite Plus" perhaps?

I suggested "Diamond Elite" in another thread. Your cruise card could be black with big sparkles.

The one and only time we were invited to the luncheon was last year on the Ruby. At that time, we had about 200 days, I'm guessing. It was probably my good looks, witty repartee and genius IQ that got us in....same thing that precluded a repeat invite, too.

steve "never enough time to do it right, always enough time to do it over"

Ok...this thread actually made me add up my Princess sailing days. Only 48! I feel like such a newbie now!:o

This thread made me do the same thing. I added up all my cruise days and came up with 249. Unfortunately, we discovered Princess late, and only 59 of them are with Princess, with another 14 to be added next month. Oh well, such is life!

With 750 Elite passengers on one cruise, you would think there needs to be another rung on the ladder ...."Elite Plus" perhaps?

We have only been privy to Princess cruises in Australia since 2008, so there aren't many elites on cruises embarking here.

(Our turn will happen half way through our 2013 cruise )

With the high numbers seen lately & still climbing rapidly they have to do something sooner or later or 3/4 of some ships will be either Elite or Platinum.

I am trying to imagine what the benefits would be. :) If they do introduce it, I wonder where it would kick in - how many nights?

Oh, I'd say around 500 days or so :D;)

and that might not be to far off in the distant future.

Princess's computer was off several years ago. I have 2 friends who have Elite status, & have only a few cruises under their belt.

My girlfriend signed on; to the places she had visited. Princess registered her info as SAILED. Needless,to say, Princess always has her the " most traveled" passenger when she cruises. Yes; I am envious, as I am Elite. I have had alot of fun getting legit to Elite status.

She has 7 cruises under her belt, and gets all these awards. She also benefits from the " extra $$$" for cruising.

My husband's friend, manipulated his cruising status as well. Princess shows him as Elite. He has 6 cruises, with Princess.

I am always leary of their accounting practices, ever since.

Princess's computer was off several years ago. I have 2 friends who have Elite status, & have only a few cruises under their belt.

My girlfriend signed on; to the places she had visited. Princess registered her info as SAILED. Needless,to say, Princess always has her the " most traveled" passenger when she cruises. Yes; I am envious, as I am Elite. I have had alot of fun getting legit to Elite status.

She has 7 cruises under her belt, and gets all these awards. She also benefits from the " extra $$$" for cruising.

My husband's friend, manipulated his cruising status as well. Princess shows him as Elite. He has 6 cruises, with Princess.

I am always leary of their accounting practices, ever since.

How do you know how many Elite are booked? As of yesterday, the CC hostess on the Ocean told my friend she would not get the new passenger list of Elites until Thursday or Friday. Yes, I was trying to find out in advance whether we made it to the top three. Will probably be #4; as usual.

Just curious, Pia, how many days total have you sailed? It looks like you've been sailing for quite some time and book alot of cruises (lucky you) I was amazed at the 1145 days the OP mentioned the woman from Long Beach cruised. You all must have so many wonderful stories and memories.

Just curious, Pia, how many days total have you sailed? It looks like you've been sailing for quite some time and book alot of cruises (lucky you) I was amazed at the 1145 days the OP mentioned the woman from Long Beach cruised. You all must have so many wonderful stories and memories.

Most traveled passenger on a recent Princess cruise had 2215 days.

The Sapphire cruise I am going on at the end of next week is reported to have 750 Elite passengers booked.

Wonder what the cut-off number will be for that one!!!!

A couple of years ago we were on the Tahitian for a r/t Papeete cruise. Both of us were Platinum and were thrilled to have made the cut for the Captain's Luncheon. There were lots of first time Princess cruisers on that one, many of them from Europe.

Congrats, we were also invited on a Papeete cruise. We're elite with 19 cruises and 210 days, and did 2 10 day b2b and were invited on the first leg, but not the second:)/:confused:

That was the only cruise we've been invited to attend and it was very nice.

Got the picture with the captain, nice touch. We usually do a lot of Caribbean and some of the passengers, I'm sure live on the ship, so not much of chance of an invite on those.

Archived