Just in case you're interested

5fathom

We are Elite passengers with 190 sailing days. We recently returned from Sapphire Princess Coastal Cruise. On board were over 300 Elite. To be invited to the Captains Luncheon you had to have over 300 sailing days. The top Elite on board was a lady from Long Beach with 1145 sailing days. However, the Captains Circle Host told us on Alaska Cruises you can be invited with less than 60 days. If onboard there are not enough Elites they dip into the high Platinum pool. Just a bit of info you can put in your "useless" file !

We are Elite passengers with 190 sailing days. We recently returned from Sapphire Princess Coastal Cruise. On board were over 300 Elite. To be invited to the Captains Luncheon you had to have over 300 sailing days. The top Elite on board was a lady from Long Beach with 1145 sailing days. However, the Captains Circle Host told us on Alaska Cruises you can be invited with less than 60 days. If onboard there are not enough Elites they dip into the high Platinum pool. Just a bit of info you can put in your "useless" file !

Always nice to have that tidbit--never know when it may come in handy!

Thanks for sharing.

On one of our Sapphire cruises last year luncheon cutoff was 407. I'm surprised at the numbers on the coastal.

Thanks, I love useless information. We too were on this sailing and we were wondering what the cut off was for the luncheon (we have about 250 days and were not invited). I could not believe when they announced the 1145 sailing days at the Captain's Party. Club Fusion was absolutely packed with repeat passengers. I loved when the Captain mentioned that, in the old days, they used to hold the Captain's Party in his cabin!! Things have changed.

Thanks, I love useless information. We too were on this sailing and we were wondering what the cut off was for the luncheon (we have about 250 days and were not invited). I could not believe when they announced the 1145 sailing days at the Captain's Party. Club Fusion was absolutely packed with repeat passengers. I loved when the Captain mentioned that, in the old days, they used to hold the Captain's Party in his cabin!! Things have changed.

Yes, they did. And what a cabin it was! We were invited to one shindig in his quarters on the original Royal Princess. I don't remember the captain, but I sure remember his "house." ;) In fact, the Circle hostess was Joy and last year we met her on another cruise. All these years and she's still with Princess.

We've been finding that on 10 & 14 day cruises the minimum number was typically in the low 300's while 7 day trips are around 250. First time cruisers don't particularly like 7 day trips.

Huh? This can't be accurate. Did you mean to say that Elites don't particuarly like 7-day trips? Because I'd bet that first-timers almost uniformly begin their cruising career with the "standard" 7-day cruise.

Huh? This can't be accurate. Did you mean to say that Elites don't particuarly like 7-day trips? Because I'd bet that first-timers almost uniformly begin their cruising career with the "standard" 7-day cruise.

That was a mistype for sure..I should have typed "Elite cruisers don't particularly like 7 day trips."

The Sapphire cruise I am going on at the end of next week is reported to have 750 Elite passengers booked.

Wonder what the cut-off number will be for that one!!!!

A couple of years ago we were on the Tahitian for a r/t Papeete cruise. Both of us were Platinum and were thrilled to have made the cut for the Captain's Luncheon. There were lots of first time Princess cruisers on that one, many of them from Europe.

Yes, they did. And what a cabin it was! We were invited to one shindig in his quarters on the original Royal Princess. I don't remember the captain, but I sure remember his "house." ;) In fact, the Circle hostess was Joy and last year we met her on another cruise. All these years and she's still with Princess.

I would be curious to know just what the captain's cabin is like??

The Sapphire cruise I am going on at the end of next week is reported to have 750 Elite passengers booked.

A couple of years ago we were on the Tahitian for a r/t Papeete cruise. Both of us were Platinum and were thrilled to have made the cut for the Captain's Luncheon. There were lots of first time Princess cruisers on that one, many of them from Europe.

How do you know how many Elite are booked? As of yesterday, the CC hostess on the Ocean told my friend she would not get the new passenger list of Elites until Thursday or Friday. Yes, I was trying to find out in advance whether we made it to the top three. Will probably be #4; as usual.

We are on this cruise as well and are Elite pax. I am really curious how you were able to find out how many Elite will be on board. I have never heard of Princess giving out this information prior to passengers boarding.

If the 750 Elite passengers number is correct, this would certainly be the highest I have ever seen on a Princess cruise. Oh, I guess the laundry is going to be very busy:D

Lynne

However, the Captains Circle Host told us on Alaska Cruises you can be invited with less than 60 days. If onboard there are not enough Elites they dip into the high Platinum pool.
I was hoping for that last summer on our Alaskan cruise on the Sapphire, but unfortunately there were enough Elites on our cruise that they did not have to invite us to the luncheon. Last year we managed to take three cruises, but this year we're back down to one. My goal is to be Elite before we retire, which is six years away.

Our Alaska cruise (a mid August cruise) had less than 50 Platinum AND Elite total onboard, and we made it to the Captain's cocktail party (no luncheon that cruise) with about 93 days as Platinum passengers. It was quite a surprise.

The Captain's Circle Hostess told us this was pretty unusual, but the next cruise was going to be about the same. Maybe it's an end of season thing.

Now if some of you other folk stop cruising we may have a chance to be invited to another Captain's Luncheon ;) .

We are on this cruise as well and are Elite pax. I am really curious how you were able to find out how many Elite will be on board. I have never heard of Princess giving out this information prior to passengers boarding.

If the 750 Elite passengers number is correct, this would certainly be the highest I have ever seen on a Princess cruise. Oh, I guess the laundry is going to be very busy:D

Lynne

Funny that they'll give you the numbers & breakdown of kids on board but not Elites, Platinum & Gold.

AK is a typically newbie cruise with very few Elites, comparatively speaking.

We were chosen for the luncheon and a bridge tour with very few days under our belt on our Med. cruise last Sept./Oct. I couldn't believe it! And, the others in our group had less sailing days/# of cruises than we did. Really unusual.

With 750 Elite passengers on one cruise, you would think there needs to be another rung on the ladder ...."Elite Plus" perhaps?

We have only been privy to Princess cruises in Australia since 2008, so there aren't many elites on cruises embarking here.

(Our turn will happen half way through our 2013 cruise )

With 750 Elite passengers on one cruise, you would think there needs to be another rung on the ladder ...."Elite Plus" perhaps?

Several folks have been hinting about that for quite some time. When Princess had a Webinar for Elites a few months ago, that was one of the questions asked over and over again.

Several folks have been hinting about that for quite some time. When Princess had a Webinar for Elites a few months ago, that was one of the questions asked over and over again.

I am trying to imagine what the benefits would be. :) If they do introduce it, I wonder where it would kick in - how many nights?

I am trying to imagine what the benefits would be. :) If they do introduce it, I wonder where it would kick in - how many nights?

Don't have a clue, but I'm already probably way beyond what it would be. Benefits? Real cheap way would be a specialty restaurant dinner or a free shore excursion.

Archived