Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk, La Romana

sonicbuffalo

Topless sunbathing is accepted is Manchebo beach, mostly Europeans .Manchebo Beach is Aruba's largest beach and one of the island's only topless beaches. A wide stretch of white sand leads down to the choppy ocean and the area is peaceful and tranquil. It isLocated on the western coast of Aruba near Oranjestad :D

You will very often find women sunbathing topless in front of the Moomba Beach Bar, between the Holiday Inn and the Marriott. :D

Thanks for the info but unfortunately due to the lack of excursions, I switched to the 7 day Exotic Western Caribbean on the Liberty for the same week. Lots more of excursions on that route. Being my kids 18th birthday, I want to make sure they have a great time being it could possibly be the last big family cruise we have before they head off to college. Maybe next time

hi, you have to remember that your cruise is not for another 11 months. im actually surprised that they even have excursions listed for this cruise. as you get closer to the date more and more excursions will be listed.

hi, you have to remember that your cruise is not for another 11 months. im actually surprised that they even have excursions listed for this cruise. as you get closer to the date more and more excursions will be listed.

I just booked the Breeze for this itinerary for Christmas 2012. When I searched the ports thru my booking page, I was shocked to see that there are quite a few excursions listed for these ports already! I thought the vendors wouldn't even have contracts this far out. I guess CCL locked them into a multi-year contract!

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone went to Gibbs Cay in Grand Turk?

I was thinking of the Indian caves for La Romana,DR anyone been on this excursion?

I think Aruba & Curacao we will wing it. I love the beach and water & the hubby hates the beach & water lol so who knows.:confused:

It's just a little to quiet here right now... Still stumped with La Romana. Curacao I'm wondering if there will be enough time to go to a beach and walk around the port and still make the late dinner seating (in port 2-11 at curacao).

Aruba is between Palm and Eagle Beach. Grand Turk is a no-brainer...just chillin on the beach by the ship there and taking a walk down to Jack's Shack.

It's just a little to quiet here right now... Still stumped with La Romana. Curacao I'm wondering if there will be enough time to go to a beach and walk around the port and still make the late dinner seating (in port 2-11 at curacao).

Aruba is between Palm and Eagle Beach. Grand Turk is a no-brainer...just chillin on the beach by the ship there and taking a walk down to Jack's Shack.

Eagle beach is nice for a Beach only day. Palm Beach has it all

I will be doing this itenerary in March on the Valor. After months of research, I have figured out our excursions. I am travelling with my best friend and we are both in our early 40's.

Grand Turk- We have rented a golf cart with Nathan. We will see the sites on our own cart and end up at Jack's Shack.

La Romana, DR- Using Seavistours (voted #1 by tripadvisor in Bayahibe) for the Saona special.

Curacao- Getting a personalized tour from a friend of my best friend that lives on the island.

Aruba- Beginner's windsurfing lesson booked through Shoretrips.

I am very excited about all! I will give a full review when I get back!

Happy Cruising to you All :)

OK have to ask as this is a concern for our family. It is listed that the beaches near La Romana are European and clothing is optional. We are thinking of doing a beach day but have our daughters with us and we dont want to be around people exposing themselves around our family....lol. If we do Dreams or another beach: How big of a concern is this or not??? Thanks, M&M1329

We have booked the Seavis tour and its perfect for cruise passangers a little bit of everything!

And if its no good its your fault.... ;-) just kidding. Boxermom took control and we have 12 people signed up already. The price is right and sounds like a great day.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

For those of you who are going on itinerary on Miracle after Jan 27, can you also please report back about what you did and the temps in the areas. We leave 3/1 and I'm trying to plan what to do where and what to pack to wear.

Also if you're on Miracle can you let me know how the ship is after dry dock and who is playing in the piano bar???

Thanks!

I will be doing this itenerary in March on the Valor. After months of research, I have figured out our excursions. I am travelling with my best friend and we are both in our early 40's.

Grand Turk- We have rented a golf cart with Nathan. We will see the sites on our own cart and end up at Jack's Shack.

La Romana, DR- Using Seavistours (voted #1 by tripadvisor in Bayahibe) for the Saona special.

Curacao- Getting a personalized tour from a friend of my best friend that lives on the island.

Aruba- Beginner's windsurfing lesson booked through Shoretrips.

I am very excited about all! I will give a full review when I get back!

Happy Cruising to you All :)

can you give me info about renting golf carts in Grand turk? Thanks !

I, too, am thinking of this itinerary for the a trip on the Breeze in 2013. I have not been to DR or Grand Turk but our itinerary for a 2010 sailing on the RCL Adventure of the Seas took us to Aruba & Curaco.In Aruba we went on the Jeep tour of the island. When we stopped at the north side shore of Aruba, I feel instantly in love. The way the waves crashed the land was breath taking. I LOVED Aruba. She may not be as tropical as some other Caribbean Islands but her beauty makes up for it :)

In Curaco we visited the aquarium and the Curaco Distillery. Can you say free shots of Curaco liquor in various flavors? LOL! The stunning pastel colors of the buildings in Curaco were just gorgeous. We didn't get a chance to explore any of the "downtown" but they sure were pretty :) Attached are some photos from Aruba (#1-3) and Curaco (#4 &5).

24050_307350787284_517502284_3547464_2221997_n.jpg.b5e32f9877154e7d9424878f4cb22a30.jpg

24050_307350877284_517502284_3547473_6233744_n.jpg.5201a46ddadf7ec6dd4c3f4b8bb67540.jpg

24050_307350832284_517502284_3547468_5840778_n.jpg.2e93eb70b46164f93b90f501eaed9341.jpg

24050_307351017284_517502284_3547487_5210352_n.jpg.9d3553f3894624b3e6a7a9f859901f08.jpg

24050_307350972284_517502284_3547484_139008_n.jpg.2319c3a7c5be816eb32786ee6509dd08.jpg

I will be on this itinerary starting Feb. 14!!! I am looking forward to the "freshening up" of the Miracle. It is my favorite ship, so I am sure I will be happy no matter what!

Here are the port plans:

Grand Turk - Margaritaville

Catalina Island - Carnival sponsored catamaran/snorkel sail

Aruba - shopping followed by Carnival sponsored Sunset Sail

Curacao - private tour with Solimare Gout

Can't wait!! I will report back after the cruise to paradise!

I enjoyed this cruise last Feb. I have to say one of my favorite excurisions was the ship excursion in from La Romana!!! Take the Speed Boat to Saona Island!!!

It was OUTSTANDING!! Pristine water and white sand with a stop on the way back at a sand bar in the ocean. It was spectacular. The speed boat was fun but the Island was out of this world. Untouched and Unspoiled!!!

When I returned to the ship it sounded like few enjoyed La Romana. Everyone on the Speed boat to Saona Island had a blast!

Google it for more pictures and info.

I enjoyed this cruise last Feb. I have to say one of my favorite excurisions was the ship excursion in from La Romana!!! Take the Speed Boat to Saona Island!!!

It was OUTSTANDING!! Pristine water and white sand with a stop on the way back at a sand bar in the ocean. It was spectacular. The speed boat was fun but the Island was out of this world. Untouched and Unspoiled!!!

When I returned to the ship it sounded like few enjoyed La Romana. Everyone on the Speed boat to Saona Island had a blast!

Google it for more pictures and info.

Is this excursion a private one or ship sponsored? I looked at a map because I read someone else say the island was wonderful.

Additional information:

Grand Turk- Nathan Smith's golf carts.

-Here's his info: nathanandlinda@tciway.tc Nathan Smith (cell) 1-649-231-4856 and (home) 1-649-946-1869

-There are also several cruise critic threads about Nathan and his carts

La Romana, DR- Carnival does a cruise sponsored Saona Island speed boat excursion for $99 and includes lots of people. Seavistours does the same excursion for $65 + $15 transfer from port to Bayahibe ($80 total). Unlike Carnival's, Seavistours includes lunch AND is limited to minimum of 12 people and maximum of 26.

Is this excursion a private one or ship sponsored? I looked at a map because I read someone else say the island was wonderful.

Hi Melinda, I went on the Ship sponserd Speed boat excursion to Saona. I think there are some independent companys that offer it also. But our excursion was well worth it! Have a great time!!:D

Doing this same cruise in June. Grand Turk we are going to just do a beach day and shopping; Curacao they have an island tour; Aruba the Jeep Safari; LaRomana, I haven't heard many good things about this port and not too thirilled about some of the excursions offered, we are thinking of just staying on the ship for this one.

Archived