No Kids in CL but Adults at DreamWorks Breakfast & Getting Face-Painting??

Gettign up extra early? Are they doing this at 5am or something? I'm normally up and moving around by 5am on work days and 6am on days off and vacation (maybe 7am if I had a really really long night).

I get up at 6 am for work but have no desire to do that while on vacation to see Shrek and Fiona dance around. I probably didn't get to bed til 2 or 3. Different strokes I guess...

I get up at 6 am for work but have no desire to do that while on vacation to see Shrek and Fiona dance around. I probably didn't get to bed til 2 or 3. Different strokes I guess...

Even if I went to bed at 2 or 3am my body simply won't let me sleep past 6 or 7am. I just have a good internal clock and it won't let me get off track. I know others that also suffer from that same problem. My body is just too well trained (which is probably a good thing since throwing my sleep patterns off can cause Fibromyalgia flare ups).

There can't be just online only reservations. Not everyone wants or can book online. If it were that important, you should have went right to the dining room upon boarding and made reservations.

You're wrong there. Many of the dining venues on Allure and Oasis must be booked on-line and they do not hold back any seats for on-board bookings. For example, Rita's Cantina has a special party at 8:30 pm on Sunday, Wednesday and Thrusday. If you don't get it on-line, then you must hope for a cancellation. There was no on-ship bookings available last week. I was one of the first pax to get on-board and tried.

Somehow, reading all of this, it sure doesn't seem very relaxing to cruise on one of these big ships. I didn't have an real desire to book one. Now the desire is even less, if that were possible.

Shrek, show reservations, character breakfasts. Blah.

Gina

In my most humble opinion, I am surprised that adults want to go to these kiddie functions. As a mother of 4 I accompanied my children over the years to so many Breakfasts with Santa, character breakfasts at Disney, and a load of other places that required a parent to accompany a child and I am so over all that. :) The little kids actually think those characters are REAL but we parents (adults) know they are NOT. Being at these functions with a child, so you can see it through their eye makes it tolerable...but without a child you love with you, it would seem like torture. :D

To each his own!:rolleyes:

I agree with you!

We'll see you on the second leg of your B2B!

-Dave-

Personally, I have no interest going to a character breakfast. I might when my son is older, but even then our cruise would not be ruined if we could not get a seat. First come, first serve and I'm fine with that!

However, if I am ever lucky enough to book a suite, I would not take my son into CL, happy hour or regular hour. Even though children are allowed, IMO their is a time and place for kids.

Besides, happy hour with a 4 year old = whiny hour. Happy hour with son at Adventure Ocean = a very happy hour indeed!

I like Dreamworks movies too, but not to the point that I need to get up extra early to sit in the DR while someone in a costume dances around.

Costume???? Seriously???? Next you'll be saying Mickey isn't real..... :(

;)

I wonder how often these events actually sell out? Our sailing is in 19 days on the Allure, and I just checked and all 3 character breakfasts are still available. I'm not interested in it at all, but if all 3 are available, I don't see a huge problem with an adult booking one.

I wonder how often these events actually sell out? Our sailing is in 19 days on the Allure, and I just checked and all 3 character breakfasts are still available. I'm not interested in it at all, but if all 3 are available, I don't see a huge problem with an adult booking one.

The ones on the Freedom were full but they only offered two. At that time you could not pre book online, so we tried to get reservations within an hour of boarding and were told both were full so we would be waitlisted. The concierge was able to get a reservation for the four of us which was great but we were on the outer rim of the main group so I think we were added on. Was not easy to hear or see what was going on, especially for a 5 year old.

I don't have a problem with adults going without children (although I'm not sure why they would want to, but to each their own!:D). However, I would be upset if I thought there were children unable to attend because adults were taking the reservations.

Sherri:)

I guess Im naive ... but I went on Oasis and I have no children and I did face painting on the last day and yes stood in line forever with some other adults from my dinner table. I was very sunburned, so I had her put it very small, but I did get a beautiful butterfly face painting.

I also choose one of the three dates offered for character breakfasts.

I am not diamond, so I have never seen the inside of a CL lounge. I looked forward to this cruise for a year and a half and wanted to try everything once.

I am one of those the OP is upset with and admit it. I did both. I dont know of anyone on my roll call who had trouble booking the character breakfast. You can only choose one of the days. Many parents I talked to went to the pursers desk when they boarded and got signed up for all 3 days. So, these dates had NOT filled up by the time we sailed despite what some are posting.

Id like to know why I should be denied because Im a adult somethign that Oasis provides that I looked forward to with great excitement for 18 months in advance. If you object .. .. write RCL dont whine here. Do something so RCL stops adults from signing up without kids.

OP if you had trouble signing up, you should have called RCL. I had to call for my 2nd oasis cruise to book shows, and they fixed it right up. I think you are being unfair to adults.

The ones on the Freedom were full but they only offered two. At that time you could not pre book online, so we tried to get reservations within an hour of boarding and were told both were full so we would be waitlisted. The concierge was able to get a reservation for the four of us which was great but we were on the outer rim of the main group so I think we were added on. Was not easy to hear or see what was going on, especially for a 5 year old.

Sherri:)

Oasis you went and lined up before the doors opened and then they took you to a table. There were no assigned tables and everyone could see about equally, though I was behind a serving area and could not see where they performed really. But it had nothing to do with when you got your tickets, just had to do with which table they sat you at. You could have easily asked to sit nearer the area where they performed .. had I known and been there before, but I enjoyed the window seat with limited visibility.

But each character came around one by one to each table and you could interact with them and get your picture taken.

Somehow, reading all of this, it sure doesn't seem very relaxing to cruise on one of these big ships. I didn't have an real desire to book one. Now the desire is even less, if that were possible.

Shrek, show reservations, character breakfasts. Blah.

Gina

Agreed.

....Id like to know why I should be denied because Im a adult somethign that Oasis provides that I looked forward to with great excitement for 18 months in advance. If you object .. .. write RCL dont whine here.....

Seriously? You would feel "denied" if you missed out on a character breakfast with children's movie characters? If anyone is sounding whiny it would seem to me that it's the adults who are saying they made the reservations first , so, suck it up kids, we paid and we get to do what we want. Geez Louise, get a grip.

Really?? A character breakfast??? :eek:

Yep, I read about it on CC and wanted to go. I like chocolate too so another reason to go and see what it was all about.

I refuse to feel guilty for going. The face painting I ran into my table mates and they said oh do this with us and all of us went to dinner like that. one guy got batman and I thought it was hilarious.

I refuse to feel guilty for doing either. I wanted to look in every nook and cranny on Oasis. I missed some things the first time and going back to finish them up.

Oh yea.. I signed up already for the character breakfast on another day for oasis in Nov. To see new characters. Its news to me that people think I should not be allowed.

Im going on Friday next time. I think the characters are fun and I enjoyed the breakfast so I wanted to do it again next time. If people want to attack me .. go for it. I refuse to feel guilty. I paid my fare. I love chocolate and this is the chocolate breakfast onboard.

maybe I should not read this thread again, as obviously people think Im in the wrong. so be it. take it up with RCL.

Agreed.

That's why it's so nice that Royal Caribbean has so many different ships to choose from. Some like the calmness of the Radiance class ships and others like the more active Freedom and Oasis ships. I will take the active Freedom and Oasis ships over the sedate Holland America type crowd of the Radiance ships.

That's why it's so nice that Royal Caribbean has so many different ships to choose from. Some like the calmness of the Radiance class ships and others like the more active Freedom and Oasis ships. I will take the active Freedom and Oasis ships over the sedate Holland America type crowd of the Radiance ships.

If it means getting to avoid adults and children fighting each other over Shrek, I'll gladly stick to the sedate crowds of the Radiance and Voyager class ships :rolleyes:

Edited by lovemylab

Seriously? You would feel "denied" if you missed out on a character breakfast with children's movie characters? If anyone is sounding whiny it would seem to me that it's the adults who are saying they made the reservations first , so, suck it up kids, we paid and we get to do what we want. Geez Louise, get a grip.

Yes, because Pinocchio talking about wearing women's underwear is so geared towards kids and not adults. They aren't exactly "children's" characters. They were designed to appeal to both groups. Have you ever watched any of these movies? They definitely were written to appeal to both the kids and the parents/adults.

Shrek: Okay, I know you don't remember me but we're married, and at the birthday party with some pigs and a puppet, the villagers and this boy kept saying 'do the roar! do the roar!' Then I punched the cake that the pigs ate, and the next thing I knew, my donkey fell in your waffle hole.

Edited by sherilyn70

I think I am lost – I imagined that the kids had a ton of access to the Characters in Adventure Ocean?

Here is what the website says…

Available of Allure of the Seas and starting in 2011 on Oasis of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, and Liberty of the Seas your kids will enjoy fun activities such as a story time, dance parties and more with characters from the DreamWorks Animation movies. Just imagine the laughs when they meet Alex, Shrek, Fiona and more.

I kind of thought that the breakfast was a way for kids AND adults to enjoy the Characters? I assume that RCL has no idea yet that this is so popular or they would be charging for it.

Edited by Gone Fishing

What doesn't interest you or I may be of an interest to someone else. If the cruise line allows adults to book this event then they are doing nothing wrong.