Bring Plastic cups?

wife2b

So between bringing on wine & ordering from Bon Voyage, I think DH & I will be set for our cruise as far as alcohol is concerned :D.

I know this has been addressed but the search function is working against me :rolleyes:... We are former DOD junkies and attempting to cut back :o I've seen that others frequently make their own drinks in their cabin and head out with the drinks outside of their cabin. Do you actually keep up with your glass when you're out, leave it lying around somewhere on the ship and get another glass from your steward? It seems like bringing on plastic cups may be the best option, no? They'll be readily available, no worries about the room steward bringing extra glasses, etc.

Any advice?

thanks! :)

So between bringing on wine & ordering from Bon Voyage, I think DH & I will be set for our cruise as far as alcohol is concerned :D.

I know this has been addressed but the search function is working against me :rolleyes:... We are former DOD junkies and attempting to cut back :o I've seen that others frequently make their own drinks in their cabin and head out with the drinks outside of their cabin. Do you actually keep up with your glass when you're out, leave it lying around somewhere on the ship and get another glass from your steward? It seems like bringing on plastic cups may be the best option, no? They'll be readily available, no worries about the room steward bringing extra glasses, etc.

Any advice?

thanks! :)

I bring travel mugs and use for coffee in the AM and whatever else in the PM. With the top I can walk without spilling and no one knows what is in it plus it is bigger than those little plastic ones and I can take by the pool as they are not glass

Depends - we bring the insulated cups to take to the pool during the day. At night, no worries - mix a drink of you own in your room and then take the glass with you. Leave it wherever it ends up empty. Your room steward will always replenish your glasses. If not - ask! Have fun!

I think we'll do exactly this- thanks everyone!

I recently shopped for an insulated mug to use for everything. I decided on all-plastic, because I didn't want to put my evening wine into a metal-lined mug. Was that the right decision? Would wine react to the metal interior coating (probably aluminum?)

We just use the glasses in the room. Take them around the ship and leave them wherever you happen to finish the drink. New glasses just show up in the room. If you don't have enough, make a run to the buffet and pick up a few.

I'm thinking about taking my glass for a walk, but the problem is that my drinks will probably stick out like a sore thumb when it's bigger than a triple poured at the bar. :)

We always get travel cups from the dollar store: http://www.dollartree.com/catalog/search.cmd?form_state=searchForm&keyword=travel%20mugs

They're only a dollar, depending on which one you get they hold between 15 and 17 ounces at a time, and keep cold drinks cold and hot drinks hot. We love them, we filled them with the guava juice in the morning and it stayed cold till we finished the juice. And nobody would know whether you have juice, coffee, iced tea, wine or scotch in them.

Last week on the Pride, one morning I was up way earlier than my DH and DS so I ran up to the buffet, filled my travel cup with coffee, and then came back and sat out on our balcony until everyone else was awake.

Oh and I saw other people bring these type of cups into the dining room at dinner time. Something tells me they weren't filled with water. :D

On our last cruise I had the cabin steward supply wine glasses for me. He brought me 2 to start, I got two from a bar and then the cabin steward had to bring me 2 more later in the cruise. I would leave the empty glasses usually at dinner.

:rolleyes: Just off Pride last week .... I found a set of four insulated clear - 24 oz. - cups at Amazon ($30 for four) .. they come with straws & twist on covers (hole in the center for straws) ... We did the Bon Voyage thing and made our beverages in our rooms .. they worked out the best for us ... each clear cup comes with a different color "band" on it so we could identify our own. We walked all decks with these .. no questions ... put them in our small carry-on suitcase with the mixers (four six-packs of different flavors) ... Right thru the scanner-no problem ! :D

:rolleyes: Just off Pride last week .... I found a set of four insulated clear - 24 oz. - cups at Amazon ($30 for four) .. they come with straws & twist on covers (hole in the center for straws) ... We did the Bon Voyage thing and made our beverages in our rooms .. they worked out the best for us ... each clear cup comes with a different color "band" on it so we could identify our own. We walked all decks with these .. no questions ... put them in our small carry-on suitcase with the mixers (four six-packs of different flavors) ... Right thru the scanner-no problem ! :D

I also bought these. I got them at Old Navy believe it or not. They were $5 each. I got four and each is a different colour. They are really big too so they'll hold a lot of drink! Won't work for coffee though. I will probably bring a couple of travel mugs for coffee. I like drinking my coffee with a lid so it doesn't get cold fast.

Archived