Do You Wear Summer Florals to the Caribbean in Winter?

Goes Cruising

My 1st Winter cruise is rapidly approaching. I know the weather will be acceptable for Summer shorts and dresses, but my Summer dresses are a lot of whites and florals. Will that look out of place in December? I'm planning some light sweaters and jackets if it turns a bit cool.

I know I'm a tourist, but I don't want to stick out when everyone else is dressed in khaki and darker colors :o.

I know I shouldn't care what others think, but, I do. Opinions?

White is never "out of place" in tropical climates! While a "tourist" always looks like a tourist (after all, the folks who LIVE there will not be "sightseeing" and going to the tourist spots!!!), you won't be sticking out like a sore thumb!

In hot weather, light colors and fabrics are the thing to wear!

I had the same question. We have never cruised in December, always in April so wasn't sure if my April cruise clothes would work in December. I know it will probably be cool in Florida when we leave but felt like once we left Fla., the tropics will be close by so out will come the summer cruise clothes.

IMO

In the Caribbean, white is fine all year round. It is always summer temperatures there.

In FLL/Miami, not so much. Locals don't wear a lot of white in the 'dead of winter'. It can get downright chilly in So. Florida sometimes during the winter. I leave the whites for the ship and wear khaki or black or dark pants/skirt and tops in So. Florida during our pre and post cruise stays.

But I do have a swimsuit handy in case it is warm enough to swim...... which definitely can happen.

Florida and the tropics are very casual and there really are no rules about summer/winter clothing. Wear what the weather dictates. I would advise bringing a sweater and pants, though. We had a beautiful cruise in December once but when we pulled into Miami, it was in the 40s and we were NOT prepared. :)

Archived