Thank you for sailing email promotion

DaveOKC

Has anyone else gotten this email as a thank you for sailing promotion? If so, is it combinable with other credits such as the future cruise credit and stockholder credit?

DaveOKC

ENJOY YOUR MARINER SOCIETY® SHIPBOARD CREDIT BONUS!

Book by January 05, 2012, and receive Shipboard Credit (U.S. dollars) according to the table below:

LENGTH OF ITINERARY INTERIOR OCEAN VIEW/

LANAI VERANDAH/

VERANDAH SUITE DELUXE VERANDAH SUITE

7 – 11 days $25 $25 $35 $50

12+ days $50 $50 $75 $100

To take advantage of this Mariner benefit, call your Travel Professional or Holland America Line at 1-866-920-2332 (mention Promo code ZPM & ZPN).

We were told you couldn't use it with a future cruise credit. It was an either or situation. However, it can be combined with stockholder's obc.
Well, maybe ours was an odd case or a mistake. We made the booking and used the FCC. About a week later we got the promo, called our HAL PCC, and got the promo credits. ;)

We used to get e-mails from HAL when we got home thanking us for sailing with them -- and several times there was a 25% discount promo code for a future cruise.

Haven't gotten one of those in a long time.

In fact we don't even get a "thank you for sailing with us" e-mail any more.

Edited by Krazy Kruizers

Thanks for that promo code. I don't remember if we got one after our cruise last February, but I called HAL and asked if it could still be applied to our NA cruise in January. She said no problem, so now we have some more OBC. Sadly, I forgot to buy FCC on the last cruise, but will add the stock holder credit closer to our cruise. I thought, the worst would be a negative answer, so worth a try.

Edited by OVgirl

We used to get e-mails from HAL when we got home thanking us for sailing with them -- and several times there was a 25% discount promo code for a future cruise.

Haven't gotten one of those in a long time.

In fact we don't even get a "thank you for sailing with us" e-mail any more.

Same here. We must be giving them too much business.

We used to get them, but we have not seen one in the last couple of cruises. We probably have too many existing reservations with them!

Although they say they are not combinable with other offers, they have always let us combine them with FCDs.

Thanks for that promo code. I don't remember if we got one after our cruise last February, but I called HAL and asked if it could still be applied to our NA cruise in January. She said no problem, so now we have some more OBC. Sadly, I forgot to buy FCC on the last cruise, but will add the stock holder credit closer to our cruise. I thought, the worst would be a negative answer, so worth a try.

OVgirl, so how much do I get as a "finders fee"?

DaveOKC

We had not received one of these emails for a couple of years, but did receive one after our June cruise.

Our TA had never heard of it and her rep at HAL hadn't either. I had to email the email to the TA and it worked out fine. Combined with the TA's OBC and the FCC it added up to a nice amount!

Hi Dave,

I got the same email yesterday. TA called HAL today to see if I could apply it to the cruise I booked onboard the Maasdam with FCC. HAL rep said okay, was combinable with FCC, and also told her the credit only applied to those who received the email. Guess different HAL reps give different answers. Don't know about stockholder OBC.

Hope you did not have any earthquake damage.

Barb

My TA contacted HAL after I told her of this promotion. HAL told her the cruise has to be booked within 60 days of my last sailing which was back in May.

Is this true?

Thats about what my email said - the expiration date was about 70 days from the end of our cruise.

Hi Dave,

I got the same email yesterday. TA called HAL today to see if I could apply it to the cruise I booked onboard the Maasdam with FCC. HAL rep said okay, was combinable with FCC, and also told her the credit only applied to those who received the email. Guess different HAL reps give different answers. Don't know about stockholder OBC.

Hope you did not have any earthquake damage.

Barb

Hi Barb! No earthquake damage but it sure roll and rolled us as I was just finishing the OSU/Kansas State game! Looks like LSU got lucky in beating Alabama!

DaveOKC

I asked our TA to look into this for us, as we had recently booked a 14-day 2012 holiday cruise. She called HAL and this is what she was told:

those promo codes are a welcome home letter for ship credit.

stipulations are this: you had to have come home and booked a cruise within 60 days

of your last cruise in order to get this.

so if you have recently taken a Holland cruise within the past 60 days

let me know what your booking number is; this is the only way I can get that applied.

It always helps to have all of the info/small print from the get-go. ;)

From an Australian view

We were on the Ryndam August/September 2011 and a few days ago received a Thank You email from HAL - and hoped to get $50 pp obc.

We have already booked and paid for a Zaandam cruise Singapore-Hong Kong in March 2012. Out TA asked on our behalf but was told that the promo code detailed on our email was not offered on our cruise???

Has anyone else had this experience?

Cheers from Down Under

Just booked my next cruise and got both my Future Cruise Credit and this new one from the email - total of $100 pp (SZ category). Now with my stockholder credit I will end up with $300 on my one week cruise.

DaveOKC

Like Krazy Kruisers we have not received a "thank you for Sailing" in several years. Since we booked our upcoming Mexico cruise less than a month after we came off the Amsterdam, I gave HAL a call and spoke with the Mariner Society rep, Christopher. The bad news is, we booked under a flash promotion and got upgraded to an SS from an SZ guarantee for a great price, so the shipboard credit offer was not combinable.

He actually called me back, and said twice this year after each cruise they sent the thank you email, and gave the dates. They were sent to my email and my DH's. We never received the emails. Nothing gets filtered out...we get everything else from HAL. He said after this next cruise if we don't receive the email and do book, to call them for the credit.

After I got off the phone the doorbell rang and FEDEX left a package on the doorstep...from HAL! To thank me for my letter after our Amsterdam Alaska cruise in Sept. they sent me Rudi Sodamin's cookbook "A Taste of Celebration"...a surprise, I think of this as shipboard credit I can keep. It's gorgeous...thanks HAL!

Karen

Edited by Loreto
spelling