Elegant Night for the ladies

lrowe70

Yes I've read the attire requirements on the Carnival site, but I'm looking for the details. Specifically the ladies.

Ladies, what do you wear for elegant night?

Simple slacks and a polo shirt, or do go all out with an evening gown and full hair and make-up?

Any photos to share? :)

I don't do either of your dressing choices!

I'd either wear a cute little dress and heels/dressy sandals or a nice pair of slacks with a glam(sparkly/dressy) top.

Even my husband would not wear a "polo shirt" and he is much less "elegant" than I!

The women in my group do dress up fairly fancy.....long evening dresses the first evening and at least cocktail type dresses the second night.

Our group usually wear dresses onn "regular" nights.

My DH and my boys always dress up nightly, then wear tuxes or suites on elegant nights.

I think you can do what you like.

Stretchy jersey dress cocktail dresses..mid-size strap heels, flowey dressy slacks with lacey or some shine in it silky tops, one incredible black suit with ribbed flowey material and a zillion different tops and dressy low heals...never regretted this purchase..10 plus years into it still not out of style...the material is awesome..you cut it to hem..does not run....was expensive but a unique classic...pants almost like a skirt...Sarah

Yes I've read the attire requirements on the Carnival site, but I'm looking for the details. Specifically the ladies.

Simple slacks and a polo shirt, or do go all out with an evening gown and full hair and make-up?

No need to get all "tuxed" up, or go for the formal prom dress type gown. Things are no where near where they used to be as far as dress goes. I know this ruffles some feathers, but it's just the way it is... things are much more casual now. For ladies, you can dress in pretty much anything for dinner as long as you're not sporting a swimsuit and a coverup. Just be respectful of the "ambiance" that people are trying to adhere to and you should be good.

Long gone are the "Love Boat" days where everyone changed formal dress at each and every meal. Be comfortable and aware at the same time and you should be good.

Enjoy your cruise!

Our table mates wore polo shirts for elegant night. They wore t-shirts for the other nights. Where what you want. We saw jean shorts that were ripped, frayed and had holes on normal nights. That table wore unmatched loud colors every night. My family wear a bit better than what we wear to an office but not super formal. A suit but not a tux. More of what we wear on New years eve party in San Francisco area.

Enjoy!

The clothing I've seen really runs the gamut, but I haven't seen a lot of very formal gowns...quite a few prom dresses, though. For elegant nights, DD wears a cocktail dress or a long jersey evening dress (one of the few bridesmaids dresses she can pack easily and wear again!). I have a lightweight black velvet long skirt that doesn't wrinkle ($3 at WalMart after the holidays a few years ago) with a velvet burn-out blouse or a beaded Bob Mackie chiffon blouse and ballet-type slippers (can't wear heels anymore). A little bit of bling and we're good to go!

We still dress every evening for dinner. Elegant nights, DH will be in his tux and I will wear a long evening gown. The other nights he will either be in his Air Force Dress Blues, or a suit and tie. I wear cocktail dresses on the nights other than elegant night.

We still enjoy dressing up and since we are within drving distance of the ports, luggage is no problem.

There is a thread on the Fashion Board with lots of pictures. I'm not sure how to link it here...but please join the ladies on the Fashion Board. Such a nice group of ladies, always very kind and helpful.

We don't dress up that often, so I do on a cruise.

My SIL NEVER wears a tie EVER, but he did for our cruise and a dress shirt.

Both elegant nights, the 7 of us one night had red as our color and the other was purple.

nothing crazy, just something to keep us from clashing.

we all dressed as though we would have been at a wedding and part of the bride or grooms family

Even the 7 month old matched;) ;)

My 4yr old Granddaughter has a beautiful little dress but formal to her means a "princess dress"

Do you think that would be OK in the MDR

For you no :eek:, for the 4 yr old grand daughter, absolutely :p

As long as it is not Arial, as swim attire (mermaid tail) is not allowed in the MDR :D

I wear a nice pair of black slacks with a fancy/sparkly top and fairly low heels. For 2 formal nights I take just the one pair of black slacks and 2 different tops. My cabin mates and I usually dress up for dinner every night, but nothing fancy. Nicer than jeans and a t-shirt though. Slacks and a nice blouse or sweater. Nancy

Jersey slacks & a glittery top does it for me. They are easy to pack & mix&match.

Thanks for all the replies. I asked because I was planning to hit up the after Christmas sales if I needed a super fancy dress.

Getting my husband into a pair of slacks is a chore, but it will happen. My son has a super cute suit to wear, but I was not so sure about myself.

Thanks for the info on the fashion board.

Archived