Getting luggage to the ship

Blamar

I think HAL only provides this for Grand or World voyages. I'm sure that there are companies that will do this for you, but personally I'd be worried that the stuff might not get there in time. Going home, no problem if they're a little delayed! :)

Does HAL have a way of shipping your luggage from home to the ship rather than yourself humping the bags through airports?

although not a company owned by Holland America or Carnival Corporation (at least to my knowledge) there is such a service .. IMHO they are kind of expensive but then again most convenience services are..

http://www.myluggageexpress.com/

There are a number of companies that do this - - check and see if HAL has recommend one on their website. I have shipped luggage before several times and it is in cabin on the ship when I get there. I think that there is less likelihood of it being lost by shipping than by the airlines, but that is just my idea. Have not had a problem.

Susan

I think that there is less likelihood of it being lost by shipping than by the airlines, but that is just my idea. Have not had a problem.
At least if the airlines lose it you know that you have to do some fast shopping before you board, rather than finding out for certain that you have no bags when you're an hour or two out to sea.

There are several companies that ship luggage to the ship. Luggage Forward is a company that comes to mind. Do a search on the web for luggage shippers. We shipped luggage when sailing on Cunard. They have White Star Service which uses DHL to ship luggage to the ships. One drawback is the luggage must be picked up 1 week before you sail, so if you need to your clothes during that week you will not have them. The cruise we shipped our luggage was the most stress free vacation we had. Our luggage was in our cabin when we got aboard.

Archived