Current Concierges continued

PH8

Thats good to know............bet the RH looked great!:)

Yes it did. Amit said he was the project leader in getting the CL constructed, and it showed. Lovely facility with permanent warming trays, computer for guest use, and outstanding views. Also, the CL bar servers use the existing bar just a few steps outside the CL in Viking Crown, so no space had to be taken up inside the CL for drink service.

We especially liked the Solarium, now with Park Cafe at the aft port end. This was our first cruise on RH, so I don't know how the Solarium looked before the revitalization. There are tables all along the outside (window) areas of the Solarium now, so it makes a very convenient (and warm) area to eat the Park Cafe food. Maybe these tables were there before?

Bob

Yes it did. Amit said he was the project leader in getting the CL constructed, and it showed. Lovely facility with permanent warming trays, computer for guest use, and outstanding views. Also, the CL bar servers use the existing bar just a few steps outside the CL in Viking Crown, so no space had to be taken up inside the CL for drink service.

We especially liked the Solarium, now with Park Cafe at the aft port end. This was our first cruise on RH, so I don't know how the Solarium looked before the revitalization. There are tables all along the outside (window) areas of the Solarium now, so it makes a very convenient (and warm) area to eat the Park Cafe food. Maybe these tables were there before?

Bob

That's what they did on Radiance in the newly added DL. They use the existing bar from the VCL. Did they just use partitions to wall off the new CL from the VCL or is it an entirely enclosed room with ceiling to floor walls?

Edited by cruisenfever

That's what they do on Radiance in the newly added DL. They use the existing bar from the VCL. Did they just use partitions to wall off the new CL from the VCL or is it an entirely enclosed room with ceiling to floor walls?

Unfortunately, partitions.

How was the temperature with it just being partitions? We found that in the new DL on Radiance, in the evenings it got quite chilly up there even if it was very crowded.

Well, I'm sure this is one of those subjective subjects like food quality. I was not uncomfortable in the CL, but bear in mind that I like it cooler than most. My wife was usually wearing a fleece jacket, and she did not seem cold, at least not enough to mention it, and believe me, she would be sure to mention it if she was cold.

We also had early dinner and were only in the CL until 6pm. Several nights we missed it completely because of either a late excursion or some other ship activity scheduled at 5:15pm.

We were on the Rhapsody last week of May and did not find the CL to be on the cool side. We did notice some noise from outside the lounge due to it being panels and not a floor to ceiling wall set up. The noise was not bad during the day but at night if you wanted a quiet cup of coffee or a place to read the CL is not the place.

Just off Brillance. Anis was a great concierge, especially since he is so new at it. Looking forward to going back to Brillance Sept 1, 8 & Oct 22---great ship and crew!!!

Nice to hear........cant wait for the BR to come to Tampa!!:)

Anyone have any luck emailing the Concierge on Rhapsody?

I've tried the normal rh_concierge@rccl.com address a couple of times this week and get a rejection from Royal's email server saying "bad destination email address". Since the Concierge on RH is relatively new, I'm wondering if the email address convention might be different for RH.

Bob

Try the one listed at the bottom of post 741. I used it to send a thank you email never received a response but it was not returned either.

Thanks, I had forgotten that post. I tried it and so far have not received the immediate rejection that I got the other times.

Bob

AD Adventure of the Seas -Reshma

(Silvia Abreu De Gasperi date TBD)

AL Allure of the Seas--(Concierge)-Rahim and Dexter Fraser(Fernando on vacation)

(Diamond)-Kenton Stubb

BR Brilliance of the Seas -Anis Tebbeb(06/02/12 till 07/03/12)

Betsy Medrano(on vacation)

EN Enchantment of the Seas - Reyno Varkevisser(on vacation 07/06/12 till end of Aug)

EX Explorer of the Seas -Mario Reyes as of 4/12/12-(Carlos Javier Ortiz)

FR Freedom of the Seas (Concierge)- Rahul Barua as of 6/17/12-(Willie Salaya on vacation 6/17/12 thru 09/16/12)

(Diamond)-Verdine Leotaud as of 06/17/12

GR Grandeur of the Seas -(Suite Concierge)-Raj Bhugwath(till July 2012)

(Diamond) Fernando Cataldo(till Oct 2012)

ID Independence of the Seas (Concierge)Ken Boodoo till 10/31/12

(Diamond) -Silvia Abreu De Gasperi until 06/30/12(Columella Arandia)

JW Jewel of the Seas -Jasmin (Nedere Reid on vacation till 07/02/12)

LG Legend of the Seas -none till 2/7/13

LB Liberty of the Seas (Concierge)-Carlos Ortiz (Oana Popa on vacation till 6/21/12)

(Diamond)--Nicola Baker

MJ Majesty of the Seas- none

MA Mariner of the Seas -(Concierge)-Luca Iorio

(Diamond)--Erik Lafitte

MN Monarch of the Seas- none

NV Navigator of the Seas –Ricardo Mock (Karen Hernandez on vacation 04/12 for 4 months)

OA Oasis of the Seas (Concierge)Francis Calimag and Charmaine(Natalia on vacation)

(Diamond) Hayley De Vos Luzio

RD Radiance of the Seas-(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen-as of 06/01/12(Steven Newall on vacation)

(Diamond) Gazetty James(as of May 18th)

RH Rhapsody of the Seas-(Concierge) Amit Chattopadhyay(Mone't Morning on vacation)

(Diamond)Abigail Hendriks as of 06/01/12

SR Serenade of the Seas -Daniel Ascoli as of 06/10/12-(Francois Roux on vacation 06/10/12-returning 07/28/12)

SP Splendour of the Seas – Diego Tripaldi (Telma Santos on vacation 05/02/12)

(Diamond)Carolina Costa

VI Vision of the Seas - none till 10/23/13

VY Voyager of the Seas -Mei as of 6/19/12--(Israel Sanchez on vacation as of 06/19/12)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**For the Grandeur GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word diamond in front of concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

AD Adventure of the Seas -Reshma

(Silvia Abreu De Gasperi date TBD)

AL Allure of the Seas--(Concierge)-Rahim and Dexter Fraser(Fernando on vacation)

(Diamond)-Kenton Stubb

BR Brilliance of the Seas -Anis Tebbeb(06/02/12 till 07/03/12)

Betsy Medrano(on vacation)

EN Enchantment of the Seas - Reyno Varkevisser(on vacation 07/06/12 till end of Aug)

EX Explorer of the Seas -Mario Reyes as of 4/12/12-(Carlos Javier Ortiz)

FR Freedom of the Seas (Concierge)- Rahul Barua as of 6/17/12-(Willie Salaya on vacation 6/17/12 thru 09/16/12)

(Diamond)-Verdine Leotaud as of 06/17/12

GR Grandeur of the Seas -(Suite Concierge)-Raj Bhugwath(till July 2012)

(Diamond) Fernando Cataldo(till Oct 2012)

ID Independence of the Seas (Concierge)Ken Boodoo till 10/31/12

(Diamond) -Silvia Abreu De Gasperi until 06/30/12(Columella Arandia)

JW Jewel of the Seas -Jasmin (Nedere Reid on vacation till 07/02/12)

LG Legend of the Seas -none till 2/7/13

LB Liberty of the Seas (Concierge)-Carlos Ortiz (Oana Popa on vacation till 6/21/12)

(Diamond)--Nicola Baker

MJ Majesty of the Seas- none

MA Mariner of the Seas -(Concierge)-Luca Iorio

(Diamond)--Erik Lafitte

MN Monarch of the Seas- none

NV Navigator of the Seas –Ricardo Mock (Karen Hernandez on vacation 04/12 for 4 months)

OA Oasis of the Seas (Concierge)Francis Calimag and Charmaine(Natalia on vacation)

(Diamond) Hayley De Vos Luzio

RD Radiance of the Seas-(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen-as of 06/01/12(Steven Newall on vacation)

(Diamond) Gazetty James(as of May 18th)

RH Rhapsody of the Seas-(Concierge) Amit Chattopadhyay(Mone't Morning on vacation)

(Diamond)Abigail Hendriks as of 06/01/12

SR Serenade of the Seas -Daniel Ascoli as of 06/10/12-(Francois Roux on vacation 06/10/12-returning 07/28/12)

SP Splendour of the Seas – Diego Tripaldi (Telma Santos on vacation 05/02/12)

(Diamond)Carolina Costa

VI Vision of the Seas - none till 10/23/13

VY Voyager of the Seas -Mei as of 6/19/12--(Israel Sanchez on vacation as of 06/19/12)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**For the Grandeur GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word diamond in front of concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

Hi Kathy,

Oana Popa is back in the CL on the Liberty. I heard from her this morning.

Is that the same Allen who was on the Mariner when she sailed from LA during her last year there? I can't think of his last name, but he was from the Philipines. Anyone? He was so attentive.

One and the same....Allan Fajardo....we love him. Hi Allan:)

So Abigail will be on the Rhapsody say in August from what I read above?

Have a question: many, many, how many times can I say many here.....people sneak people into the Diamond Plus Lounge. Here is the situation. My husbands Dad passed away in March and Mom has consented to going with us for her first cruise. We are Diamond Plus with many points over. Since we do go to the lounge (she is a 1 drink drinker), I want to take her with us at night. Now, do I do the polite thing and ask the Concierge upon boarding whether I can bring her; email the concierge before going; or just take her in like everyone else does?

Suggestions?

Lou

So Abigail will be on the Rhapsody say in August from what I read above?

Have a question: many, many, how many times can I say many here.....people sneak people into the Diamond Plus Lounge. Here is the situation. My husbands Dad passed away in March and Mom has consented to going with us for her first cruise. We are Diamond Plus with many points over. Since we do go to the lounge (she is a 1 drink drinker), I want to take her with us at night. Now, do I do the polite thing and ask the Concierge upon boarding whether I can bring her; email the concierge before going; or just take her in like everyone else does?

Suggestions?

Lou

Lou, there is no good answer for this. While I appreciate what you're doing for your mother, my guess is that in most cases you would be denied permission ahead of time, or asked to leave if you just took her in. Maybe I'm naive, but I have not heard of too many lounge-crashers recently. I think perhaps RCI has cracked down. The lounges tend to get pretty crowded on most cruises, and finding a seat has been a problem. IMO, it's not worth the hard feelings this scenario might generate. Good luck.:)