maitr d' ken byrne attacked!

H82seaUgo

Exactly, what if it wasn't a argument at all? This man could have been hallucinating and creating monsters in his mind, at that point he could have attacked anyone!!! There ARE mentally ill in this world.

Prayers going out to all involved in this horrible incident and hope Ken is back very quickly.

No, here is what I think happened.

Ken; Allen (the attacker) the guest at table 12, says one leg on the table is loose, go check it.

Allen the attacker; I looked and it is fine.

Ken; Allen, the guest says this iron bar fell off now and you told them to balance the table on their leg and just eat.

Allen the attacker; I did not say that, I am a magnificent waiter and ALL my guests LOVE me, they leave me cookies and tip me $1000 of dollars each week. I am the greatest!

Ken; Allen, you are not that great, and what do you think of this IRON BAR? What do you think it is for? They gave it to me from their table, ... Allen, explain to me what it is for?

Allen the attacker; I'll show you what it is for, "Wacke whack whack"

So in my opinion it could have happened to anyone, that disagreed with the attacker. Ken just happened to be the one asking the questions.

Or maybe the attacker just did not like Ken's Frank Sinatra impersonation, OR maybe he was the understudy and wanted to get to sing that night, and Ken would not let him.

Or maybe if it was a soup ladle, and Ken was telling Allen the attacker to serve the soup "my way" and Ken kept singing "My Way" warming up for that nights entertainment. So after saying "Do it My Way" over and over, Allen the attacker said, I'll show you "My Way" whack, whack, whack, "That's My Way!"

Prayers and thoughts for Ken. Regarding your post. These people take on these jobs knowing what they are getting into. And many return for several contracts. That is no excuse for ATTACKING anyone. Have sailed with Ken 2 times and loved his singing.

I never implied it as an excuse for the waiters behavior. Yes, having been on over 30 cruises most of them 7 days or longer I'm sure the crew understand what they are in for when they sign aboard. That said it can be a stressful environment. People snap; it happens on land all the time. I was just making the observation that it seems to happen rarely on ships.

No matter WHAT provoked the waiter to do such a thing, it was WRONG! PERIOD!

As for the safety of the ship, yes, good parents will consider that thousands of strangers (usually drinking) is NOT a safe haven for their prodigy to wonder alone in. Besides, kids need to be SUPERVISED..... sometimes for the sake of the drinking adults.

As for Ken, I personally don't care what the details are. I just hope and prey that he recovers quickly.

Exactly, what if it wasn't a argument at all? This man could have been hallucinating and creating monsters in his mind, at that point he could have attacked anyone!!! There ARE mentally ill in this world.

Prayers going out to all involved in this horrible incident and hope Ken is back very quickly.

while I am not sure if you are being snarky or actually serious...you bring up the fact that this man who attacked Ken..did just that..attack him......

and could have just as easily attacked a pax

John Heald

Normally Carnival's PR machine and myself would never mention details and maes of guests or crew's medical concerns. However, as many bloggers were in the dining room during the incident and have written that it was our friend Ken Byrne that received the good news from a metal soup spatcelor. I am not going to comment on the incident but I will nsay 2 things. Ken will return to work tonight and 2, he has asked me to thank you all for your kind words and thoughts that you posted here on Facebook and on his own FB page as well. Tonight in the dining room he will be singing Sinatra's ......." That's Life."

Posted about 10:37 est this am

Nice to hear Ken is up and about and in fine humor:)

and that is all I have ever been trying to get across!!!!

I feel like Annie Sullivan today!!!!

*LOL* I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Being an old movie and TV nut as well a sbeing slightly older than a few of my co workers . I will make a statement or a metaphor that goes right over their heads.

I was recently training a couple new people at work on some of our systems . # of caught on great and were up and running in no time. One guy (i think he just didn't care, wasn't really interested and eventually quit before his full training) just wasn't getting it. Over and over we went . NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

My boss later asked how it went with him.

I told her "Anne Bancroft had an easier time getting Patty Duke to eat with the fork than I did with this kid"

She is older than me , she died laughing *LOL*

while I am not sure if you are being snarky or actually serious...you bring up the fact that this man who attacked Ken..did just that..attack him......

and could have just as easily attacked a pax

I was being serious, I didnt' see anything snarky in what I said????

People can get psychotic and hallucinate things that aren't real, in his mind Ken may have been someone trying to kill him.

I really am not sure why you would find my comment snarky, I can't see anything snarky about it.

and that is all I have ever been trying to get across!!!!

I feel like Annie Sullivan today!!!!

By saying you feel like Annie Sullivan your calling us all deaf, blind and mute??? She was Helen Kellers teacher no???

I haven't really seen any evidence that you are teaching us, let alone that we are blind, deaf (which I am actually) or mute. So can you explain that comment?

Thanks

By saying you feel like Annie Sullivan your calling us all deaf, blind and mute??? She was Helen Kellers teacher no???

I haven't really seen any evidence that you are teaching us, let alone that we are blind, deaf (which I am actually) or mute. So can you explain that comment?

Thanks

Did ya really have to go there:D:p:)

She is already trying to hijack this thread with her parenting skills.........

People can get psychotic and hallucinate things that aren't real, in his mind Ken may have been someone trying to kill him.

I really am not sure why you would find my comment snarky, I can't see anything snarky about it.

I understaood what you meant.

Anyone here heard of 'bath salts'??? It seems to be the 'new' illegal drug in this state. It makes the people who use it hallucinate and get extremely aggressive...totally bonkers.

Scary stuff...

Because that has been prevalent in the news here, it is what came to my mind when I read this thing about Ken B being attacked.

The guy could have just been disgruntled, but then again it could be anything from mental illlness to drug reaction. We just don't know....

Just thank goodness ken B is Ok and no one else was hurt. I imagine it must have been pretty horrible for passengers to witness this.

Did ya really have to go there:D:p:)

She is already trying to hijack this thread with her parenting skills.........

Well I was kinda accused of snarkiness on a comment that had none, and then I found that comment to be very snarky so <shrug> since I was signaled out for nothing I had to say something, probably shouldn't really take it personally but if someone is commenting on the thread that they feel like a teacher of blind, deaf and mute, it just rings of calling others well, blind, deaf and mute:confused:

I understaood what you meant.

Anyone here heard of 'bath salts'??? It seems to be the 'new' illegal drug in this state. It makes the people who use it hallucinate and get extremely aggressive...totally bonkers.

Scary stuff...

Because that has been prevalent in the news here, it is what came to my mind when I read this thing about Ken B being attacked.

The guy could have just been disgruntled, but then again it could be anything from mental illlness to drug reaction. We just don't know....

Just thank goodness ken B is Ok and no one else was hurt. I imagine it must have been pretty horrible for passengers to witness this.

OMG Halos we've been seeing it on the Child and adolescent unit in the hospital that I work, it turns their brain to twinkie mush. It's horrible stuff, in fact I'll go as far as to say the effects on the brain are worse then meth, and I never thought I'd say anything was worse than meth. This is bad stuff, hope all parents educate themselves with info about it, they can buy it legally in head shops.

Well I was kinda accused of snarkiness on a comment that had none, and then I found that comment to be very snarky so <shrug> since I was signaled out for nothing I had to say something, probably shouldn't really take it personally but if someone is commenting on the thread that they feel like a teacher of blind, deaf and mute, it just rings of calling others well, blind, deaf and mute:confused:

Oh believe me I agree! I just know where this will be going......some people have their own agendas on these boards:)

Oh believe me I agree! I just know where this will be going......some people have their own agendas on these boards:)

Well I'm gonna make a vow to myself today that I won't let it go anywhere with me, I'm done with commenting on it. Gonna have a good day and not let others tick me off :D

not this comment in particular...but I believe in the past you have been let's say... so..so...with me...so I was not sure.

If I have you mistaken...no big deal...

but your commentary with the touch person above...sort of led me to that conclusion...

but as I said...no big deal....what really matters is that regardless of wether anyone here likes what I have to say...but quoting me and referring back to me...at least my posts are remembered...and it doesn't matter one bit if someone agrees or disagrees with me....at least they are remembered....which is my only point anyway.

The thing is that I never post nonsense...I just post "food for thought" and play "devel's advocate"...and I do see things clearly.....regardless of what others want to say...

because the truth is that I have always said that the crew should always be considered a stranger...no matter how nice they appear on the outside...

and I have always said that to let a kid have free roam on the ship..So they can learn independance...was sheer nonsense....

and I think that what happened to Ken really does bring that point home......

*LOL* I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Being an old movie and TV nut as well a sbeing slightly older than a few of my co workers . I will make a statement or a metaphor that goes right over their heads.

I was recently training a couple new people at work on some of our systems . # of caught on great and were up and running in no time. One guy (i think he just didn't care, wasn't really interested and eventually quit before his full training) just wasn't getting it. Over and over we went . NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

My boss later asked how it went with him.

I told her "Anne Bancroft had an easier time getting Patty Duke to eat with the fork than I did with this kid"

She is older than me , she died laughing *LOL*

are you telling me that your boss actually laughted at the comment? I can't believe it. How dare she? I mean really now..tsk tsk:D

Archived