maitr d' ken byrne attacked!

H82seaUgo

are you telling me that your boss actually laughted at the comment? I can't believe it. How dare she? I mean really now..tsk tsk:D

I didn't know she had been watching our little training session and saw the trouble I was having with this guy. The others trainers were all reporting the same trouble with him. Not a bad guy but like i said he just wasn't cut out for this job.

She was getting a little too much enjoyment out of watching me do a slow burn. *LOL*

I didn't know she had been watching our little training session and saw the trouble I was having with this guy. The others trainers were all reporting the same trouble with him. Not a bad guy but like i said he just wasn't cut out for this job.

She was getting a little too much enjoyment out of watching me do a slow burn. *LOL*

your boss sounds ok to me...able to laugh and joke...

So, I just read the post from Laura on the other thread about Ken being assaulted.

It said it happened on Tuesday night, which is the same night the ship was in port having the rear thruster repaired.

Maybe the problem with the thruster is the Iron Bar was missing that makes it work.

That darn waiter, first he takes apart the thruster, then he assaults the matr'd.

I am glad to hear they made him walk the plank. That is what he deserves.

If you read Cruise Confidential by Brian David Brun, you won't be surprised at a waiter

losing it and attacking a fellow employee. Brun worked as a waiter with Carnival and writes

in detail of the life aboard ship as a worker,not a client.

The attack was a terrible thing to have happened, from everyone's point of view, and

not something to be made light of. This waiter went home with no chance of working on a cruise ship again, which is probably a tragedy for him and his family. Byrne suffered the pain of the attack and will keep that memory for a long time. The people who witnessed it

won't forget it, either.

Another reason for us, as passengers, to do what we can to make the lives of the crew

as good as possible by doling out smiles and our thanks for a job well done.

I hope what I'm saying makes sense, but it's the end of a long day, but maybe not!

If you read Cruise Confidential by Brian David Brun, you won't be surprised at a waiter

losing it and attacking a fellow employee. Brun worked as a waiter with Carnival and writes

The attack was a terrible thing to have happened, from everyone's point of view, and

not something to be made light of. This waiter went home with no chance of working on a cruise ship again, which is probably a tragedy for him and his family. Byrne suffered the pain of the attack and will keep that memory for a long time. The people who witnessed it

won't forget it, either.

Another reason for us, as passengers, to do what we can to make the lives of the crew

I hope what I'm saying makes sense, but it's the end of a long day, but maybe not!

I just finished it yesterday on my way home from my cruise. But the details of ship life really had me looking at the staff differently.

I am happy to learn that Ken is recovering and ready to return to work.

won't forget it, either.

So what you are saying is we all should put on fake smiles and thank people who do not do a good job for fear of getting beaten severely about the head and shoulders.

So what you are saying is we all should put on fake smiles and thank people who do not do a good job for fear of getting beaten severely about the head and shoulders.

eh, maybe. After all why should the staff have to be the only ones smiling & acting like it's their hearts dearest wish to pick up our dirty socks & clean the toilet for us. Or bring 3 appetizers, 2 entrees & put the sauce on the side, give me this side instead wouldja dear. Oh and make it snappy because I don't want to get a bad seat at the show. :D

won't forget it, either.

i must say, this is one of the oddest statements i have read here.

there was a time we would pay our fare, and get pampered everywhere we turned.

then the cruiseline built megaships, crammed as many people onto these ships as possible, even so far as taking away entertainment berths, and now suggest it's our responsibility to "make the lives of the crew as good as possible".

sorry, but that should come from their employer.

i must say, this is one of the oddest statements i have read here.

there was a time we would pay our fare, and get pampered everywhere we turned.

then the cruiseline built megaships, crammed as many people onto these ships as possible, even so far as taking away entertainment berths, and now suggest it's our responsibility to "make the lives of the crew as good as possible".

sorry, but that should come from their employer.

Why not be pleasant to people you deal with or who serve you? Have you never noticed how it results in better service? How many times do you see, on forums, that desk personnel, waiters etc. are described as bad and excellent by different people, there at the same time? The difference is most likely in the guest's attitude towards the staff. If you haven't tried it, I suggest you do.

Why not be pleasant to people you deal with or who serve you? Have you never noticed how it results in better service? How many times do you see, on forums, that desk personnel, waiters etc. are described as bad and excellent by different people, there at the same time? The difference is most likely in the guest's attitude towards the staff. If you haven't tried it, I suggest you do.

i'm sorry. i must have missed the part where i said i was not pleasant to my servants. did i use white font or something?

We have sailed with Ken several times - he is a great guy. Prayers out to him....

Ken's an awesome guy who certainly helped me through a lot of hard times. I would never have gotten a job on cruise ships without his help, in fact. His style of management is one of those you either love or hate (he's very non-confrontational but fixes you like a banana if you do something wrong) and sadly some jerk took the latter way, way too far. Fortunately, Ken is tough as nails. My best wishes go out to him.

Ken's an awesome guy who certainly helped me through a lot of hard times. I would never have gotten a job on cruise ships without his help, in fact. His style of management is one of those you either love or hate (he's very non-confrontational but fixes you like a banana if you do something wrong) and sadly some jerk took the latter way, way too far. Fortunately, Ken is tough as nails. My best wishes go out to him.

Hi Brian! Is another book in the works? Waiting patiently.:)

won't forget it, either.

as a pax I am just glad that that waiter will no longer be near me or my family.

I also hope that CCL and all the cruiselines are now aware that this sort of thing could easily happen again.....

posted on the brand ambassadors facebook page:

Ken Byrne was bashed last night in the Southern Dining Room on Carnival Magic by a disgruntled waiter. Waiter was restrained and deported today.....Ken was bloodied and we are awaiting word on his condition. He was attacked with an 'iron bar'......before 1st sitting dinner.....and it was seen by several passengers.

I wonder if he tried to sing like ours?

Honestly, I thought about it...

won't forget it, either.

Makes sense to me!

Archived