maitr d' ken byrne attacked!

H82seaUgo

wonder what took so long. this happened yesterday.

and posts like these make my skin crawl when i think of other posts asking, "is it ok for my kids to walk the ship alone."

HIPAA law.....and my goodness this is such a tragic thing for people to witness.......hope it's ok to be concerened about the Maitre d' and wonder about his outcome.......even though he is a stranger....

So I wonder were Cruisin6 is I think this thread is breaking the law by our talking about "Kens" condition and the situation.

I think it is good that everyone is concerned.

I hope he gets back to work soon, and the waiter gets some help if he is having a breakdown of some type.

For those of you on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/kenbyrnemusic

On board the Carnival Magic, Senior Maitre'd Ken Byrne was attacked by a disgruntled waiter with a heavy iron bar... he was struck on the back of the head twice nearly knocking him unconscious. The waiter was wrestled down and held until the ship's security arrived... Ken is reported to be resting on board the ship with plans to return back to his dining room this week. We will keep you posted on Ken's recovery here and in the meantime, please leave your thoughts and sentiments on this page as Ken will appreciate hearing from you! Sandy Shore - Manager Ken Byrne Music

So I wonder were Cruisin6 is I think this thread is breaking the law by our talking about "Kens" condition and the situation.

Voila:

that's terrible!

as I have always said 3000 pax and 1000 crew and they are all strangers...

I just hope that the crew that works the Lido deck at 11pm can control themselves with those tweens that have those late curfews....

Just sayin'...and yes, I do know the waiter attacked the MD and not a pax......still...just sayin'

Spit my tea out on my screen - thanks!

http://www.facebook.com/kenbyrnemusic

On board the Carnival Magic, Senior Maitre'd Ken Byrne was attacked by a disgruntled waiter with a heavy iron bar... he was struck on the back of the head twice nearly knocking him unconscious. The waiter was wrestled down and held until the ship's security arrived... Ken is reported to be resting on board the ship with plans to return back to his dining room this week. We will keep you posted on Ken's recovery here and in the meantime, please leave your thoughts and sentiments on this page as Ken will appreciate hearing from you! Sandy Shore - Manager Ken Byrne Music

Straight from the horses' mouth- double thanks!

maybe you can show us where the attempt at humor is that your seeing. it turned out the iron bar IS a ladle.

See above. Again, no matter what was used, it was assault. Hope Ken is on the mend.

wonder what took so long. this happened yesterday.

and posts like these make my skin crawl when i think of other posts asking, "is it ok for my kids to walk the ship alone."

you are thinking too rationally...

It's the kids vacation too, you know and they should be able to stay out until 1 am!! even if they are 12 years old!

and it is also ok to let them have their own cabin to share with their 5 year old sibling...down the hall!!!

They have to grow up sometimes, you know!!

Oh, for goodness sakes, do you think the waiter was stalking Ken?

what h82 is trying to get at is that so many posters here feel that the crew is so wonderful and can do no wrong and would not hurt anyone onboard.

But this is an example of the fact that we know nothing about these workers and when parents say it is OK to let the kids out at night and defend the practice they claim the ship is safe...

I have always takenb the position that..no it is not...and I believe h28 seems to agree with me.....and this incident is a perfect example

of course, now posters will say it was an isolated incident...could never happen agaian...the MD provoked him...etc. etc..

And this incident just proves what many have said all along....it is a ship of 4000 strangers..crew included...from all parts of the world....and we know absolutely nothing about any of these people.....

and no..the waiter wasn't stalking Ken...he attacked him...and could attack a pax as well

And this incident just proves what many have said all along....it is a ship of 4000 strangers..crew included...from all parts of the world....and we know absolutely nothing about any of these people.....

and no..the waiter wasn't stalking Ken...he attacked him...and could attack a pax as well

Exactly, what if it wasn't a argument at all? This man could have been hallucinating and creating monsters in his mind, at that point he could have attacked anyone!!! There ARE mentally ill in this world.

Prayers going out to all involved in this horrible incident and hope Ken is back very quickly.

what h82 is trying to get at is that so many posters here feel that the crew is so wonderful and can do no wrong and would not hurt anyone onboard.

But this is an example of the fact that we know nothing about these workers and when parents say it is OK to let the kids out at night and defend the practice they claim the ship is safe...

I have always takenb the position that..no it is not...and I believe h28 seems to agree with me.....and this incident is a perfect example

of course, now posters will say it was an isolated incident...could never happen agaian...the MD provoked him...etc. etc..

Your right. Life happens on ships and we must take precautions.

maybe you can show us where the attempt at humor is that your seeing. it turned out the iron bar IS a ladle.

Exactly, over time more details on the story are coming out as to what actually happened.

Then of course you have his manager maximizing the "horror" with gross distortion just to sell his music. That is pathetic.

www.facebook.com/kenbyrnemusic

On board the Carnival Magic, Senior Maitre'd Ken Byrne was attacked by a disgruntled waiter with a heavy iron bar... he was struck on the back of the head twice nearly knocking him unconscious.

If Ken was hit twice in the back of the head with a "heavy iron bar" we would be having a completely different conversation because Ken wouldn't be "recovering".

Then of course you have his manager maximizing the "horror" with gross distortion just to sell his music. That is pathetic.

And you know this how? I don't see anything saying "buy his music" - but then again, I am not on Facebook, and can only see what other people copy and paste from there...

If Ken was hit twice in the back of the head with a "heavy iron bar" we would be having a completely different conversation because Ken wouldn't be "recovering".

Not true. Depends where on the head he was hit, if it was a direct blow how hard he was hit, etc.

And you know this how? I don't see anything saying "buy his music" - but then again, I am not on Facebook, and can only see what other people copy and paste from there...

i thought it odd, as ken has his own facebook page. as of yesterday, there was no mention of the incident.

today, lots of well wishes, and this person has now also posted a link to the music site about 8 hours ago. disgraceful!

Archived