maitr d' ken byrne attacked!

H82seaUgo

Feel bad for him, have sailed with him, he is the only MD I can remember....however, the humor potential is just to easy to pass up.......

Are your sure it wasn't a "Flat Iron Steak"? Some say that if they are cooked more than medium rare they are tough as nails.

Best wishes for Ken!

The staff work long hours under times in a very stressful environment and not making light of Kens attack but its a wonder stuff like this doesn't happen more often. Crew members are stressed, with little free time, problems at home and far away from to do anything about them, living in cramped quarters, etc....I've often marveled how strong they must be to do their job with a smile while inside they very well could be boiling.

Once again best wishes to Ken!

Thank goodness he wasn't attacked with one of those. Them buggers could cause serious damage.

Hope he is ok.

Sorry for Ken and I sincerely hope he is OK and back at work ASAP.

As far as the kidding around about the flat iron steak, that is the most horrible piece of meat I have ever tasted...returned it twice, as a matter of fact! The only meal I ever returned twice in my life.

Curious to know where this waiter was from...

That is just horrible! Have sailed with him three times and he is well liked by the staff...I guess except for this guy who hit him. I am sure Carnival will take good care of him and get him the best treatment they can. Hopefully he will be back to work when we sail with him a 4th time in three weeks.

So sorry to hear about Ken! He is an outstanding M'D and does such a great job and is so entertaining and talented. He always made our dining experience that much more enjoyable. We also sailed with him several times and my thoughts and prayers go out to him.

that's terrible!

as I have always said 3000 pax and 1000 crew and they are all strangers...

I just hope that the crew that works the Lido deck at 11pm can control themselves with those tweens that have those late curfews....

Just sayin'...and yes, I do know the waiter attacked the MD and not a pax......still...just sayin'

Best wishes for Ken!

The staff work long hours under times in a very stressful environment and not making light of Kens attack but its a wonder stuff like this doesn't happen more often. Crew members are stressed, with little free time, problems at home and far away from to do anything about them, living in cramped quarters, etc....I've often marveled how strong they must be to do their job with a smile while inside they very well could be boiling.

Prayers and thoughts for Ken. Regarding your post. These people take on these jobs knowing what they are getting into. And many return for several contracts. That is no excuse for ATTACKING anyone. Have sailed with Ken 2 times and loved his singing.

Finally, they improved the entertainment! (Just kidding, couldn't resist) I just couldn't imagine seeing that on board a cruise ship, wow! I hope he is ok, pretty scary that either Carnival doesn't screen their employees better or that they have one that lost is so bad he did this. yikes!

From John about an hour ago (8:27pm here in Florida now)

John Heald

In every barrel of apples there is going to be a bad one:

Last evening aboard the Carnival Magic, a dining room waiter assaulted one of the ship’s maitre d's during the late seating dinner.

Another Carnival Magic employee witnessed the assault and held the dining room waiter until shipboard security arrived. The dining room waiter's employment has been terminated.

The maitre d’ is recovering and is expected to be back at work in the next day or two.

Best wishes for Ken!

Horrible news, but sadly it does happen every now and again.

When my father was working for Royal Caribbean, he was walking along the pier at St Thomas with the F&B manager, a waiter threw a cup of bleach at him, the F&B manager saw it coming and blocked it !

He then picked up the crew member and tossed him off the pier into the sea.... I did have a chance to meet the F&B manager a couple of years later, the guy was HUGE.

Anyways, the crew members stuff was packed up and left on the pier with a ticket home.

From John about an hour ago (8:27pm here in Florida now)

John Heald

In every barrel of apples there is going to be a bad one:

Last evening aboard the Carnival Magic, a dining room waiter assaulted one of the ship’s maitre d's during the late seating dinner.

Another Carnival Magic employee witnessed the assault and held the dining room waiter until shipboard security arrived. The dining room waiter's employment has been terminated.

The maitre d’ is recovering and is expected to be back at work in the next day or two.

wonder what took so long. this happened yesterday.

and posts like these make my skin crawl when i think of other posts asking, "is it ok for my kids to walk the ship alone."

wonder what took so long. this happened yesterday.

and posts like these make my skin crawl when i think of other posts asking, "is it ok for my kids to walk the ship alone."

Oh, for goodness sakes, do you think the waiter was stalking Ken?

Sorry for Ken and I sincerely hope he is OK and back at work ASAP.

As far as the kidding around about the flat iron steak, that is the most horrible piece of meat I have ever tasted...returned it twice, as a matter of fact! The only meal I ever returned twice in my life.

Curious to know where this waiter was from...

\

Hope he is ok but like the flatiron steak myself.

We also were on the TA and had the experience of being at a table in Ken's dining room. He runs a "happy ship" and has a reputation for being fair. I am astounded that this happened to him.

I talk to the crew and staff and the universal word was that they all like and respect Ken. I know that his staff included 19 trainee assistant waiters and there were several who were not going to make the cut. I suspect it may have been one of them, but that is speculation.

Anyway, dear wife and I wish him a speedy recovery and hope that all will be well soon

Doc

Archived