H82seaUgo

maitr d' ken byrne attacked!

posted on the brand ambassadors facebook page:

Ken Byrne was bashed last night in the Southern Dining Room on Carnival Magic by a disgruntled waiter. Waiter was restrained and deported today.....Ken was bloodied and we are awaiting word on his condition. He was attacked with an 'iron bar'......before 1st sitting dinner.....and it was seen by several passengers.

Edited by H82seaUgo

Ouch..Looked like John or someone at carnival deleted it because it is no longer posted on that page

!!!!!!! That's terrible. An 'Iron bar'? Doesn't sound like a simple guy scuffle, more like assult with a deadly weapon.:confused:

The message posted above was sent to me by a passenger as well. I don't know if there will be any follow up as I'm sure legal matters are involved but I asked friends working on the ship if any additional information might be available. If it is I'll add it here...

The message posted above was sent to me by a passenger as well. I don't know if there will be any follow up as I'm sure legal matters are involved but I asked friends working on the ship if any additional information might be available. If it is I'll add it here...

Mach, if you get anything on Ken's status will you post here as well?

We have sailed with Ken several times - he is a great guy. Prayers out to him....

Hi Pe4all! Been awhile!

This is awful to hear. Ken is a very kind person and we always enjoyed when he was our M'D . Sending good wishes his way and hoping he will quickly recover well physically. Emotionally too.

I guess he wasn't happy with the new tipping policy:D
Do you ever have a big laugh and then realize that it is just "wrong" ? Well this is that.

Sailed with Ken last August and loved his take on being a maitre 'd on a Carnival Ship.

Sure hope that all is well with Ken after this is sorted out.

We just booked the Breeze for next summer hoping to meet up with Ken again at dinnertime...a great guy.

how horrible. A iron bar? Wow that guy was angry and sound like a planned attach. I do hope Ken is Ok. When I read the title of the post I thought why would a customer do that. I think it being a crew member makes it even more sad

Hi Pe4all! Been awhile!

This is awful to hear. Ken is a very kind person and we always enjoyed when he was our M'D . Sending good wishes his way and hoping he will quickly recover well physically. Emotionally too.

Right back at you! Hope all has been well!

It seems the iron bar is morphing into a soup ladle.

Still made of metal - still can hurt if surprise attacked. Still wrong, no matter what he was hit with.

Right back at you! Hope all has been well!

Still made of metal - still can hurt if surprise attacked. Still wrong, no matter what he was hit with.

Never said it didn't, especially if it is one of those big commercial kitchen ones.

And yes, still wrong.

Geez hope Ken is doing ok.

That would suck to be a victim of that or see it happen. :(

Feel bad for him, have sailed with him, he is the only MD I can remember....however, the humor potential is just to easy to pass up.......

Are your sure it wasn't a "Flat Iron Steak"? Some say that if they are cooked more than medium rare they are tough as nails.

Best wishes for Ken!

The staff work long hours under times in a very stressful environment and not making light of Kens attack but its a wonder stuff like this doesn't happen more often. Crew members are stressed, with little free time, problems at home and far away from to do anything about them, living in cramped quarters, etc....I've often marveled how strong they must be to do their job with a smile while inside they very well could be boiling.

Once again best wishes to Ken!

Are your sure it wasn't a "Flat Iron Steak"? Some say that if they are cooked more than medium rare they are tough as nails.

Thank goodness he wasn't attacked with one of those. Them buggers could cause serious damage.

Hope he is ok.

Thank goodness he wasn't attacked with one of those. Them buggers could cause serious damage.

Hope he is ok.

Sorry for Ken and I sincerely hope he is OK and back at work ASAP.

As far as the kidding around about the flat iron steak, that is the most horrible piece of meat I have ever tasted...returned it twice, as a matter of fact! The only meal I ever returned twice in my life.

Curious to know where this waiter was from...

Edited by Fighterone

Hopefully Ken is okay. He is truly a brilliant maitre'd and a lovely man. I've never had another maitre'd make any impression but I'm actually considering sailing on the Breeze if he is there.

Is Ken the one that sings?? If so, I liked him. He is one of the few Maitre D's that I remember.

Maggie

Yes he is the singing maitre d'

That is just horrible! Have sailed with him three times and he is well liked by the staff...I guess except for this guy who hit him. I am sure Carnival will take good care of him and get him the best treatment they can. Hopefully he will be back to work when we sail with him a 4th time in three weeks.

So sorry to hear about Ken! He is an outstanding M'D and does such a great job and is so entertaining and talented. He always made our dining experience that much more enjoyable. We also sailed with him several times and my thoughts and prayers go out to him.

that's terrible!

as I have always said 3000 pax and 1000 crew and they are all strangers...

I just hope that the crew that works the Lido deck at 11pm can control themselves with those tweens that have those late curfews....

Just sayin'...and yes, I do know the waiter attacked the MD and not a pax......still...just sayin'

Edited by Crusin6

Best wishes for Ken!

The staff work long hours under times in a very stressful environment and not making light of Kens attack but its a wonder stuff like this doesn't happen more often. Crew members are stressed, with little free time, problems at home and far away from to do anything about them, living in cramped quarters, etc....I've often marveled how strong they must be to do their job with a smile while inside they very well could be boiling.

Once again best wishes to Ken!

Prayers and thoughts for Ken. Regarding your post. These people take on these jobs knowing what they are getting into. And many return for several contracts. That is no excuse for ATTACKING anyone. Have sailed with Ken 2 times and loved his singing.