Liberty Of The Seas - Photo journal of Westbound Transatlantic crossing

peteukmcr

That’s not good, sounds like RCI might have a problem with its CD’s...May I ask what your issues where (and who the CD was)?

For me, as only had Leo till now, I expected so much from what I have read on these boards...But not even seeing the guy except for when he is performing in 14days is just not right imo!?

I presumed to CD is supposed to show his face amongst the passengers as long as possible and mingle, make jokes, join activity’s, etc...Just be a representative of the ship and RCI, or am I wrong???

The CD was Mike Hunnerup who joined the ship at the start of the sailing. He was ill the first week and so it wasn't he fault that he wasn't around. However, when he was well and up and about I just didn't think he was that professional and appeared to rely on his assistant too much. He didn't seem to have confidence and just didn't connect with the passengers, again JMHO.

Fabulous pictures Pete. John and I enjoyed meeting you and Patrick.

The certificate was a nice touch, we also saw someone from the crew giving out the "glass blocks" when I asked her about them she said they were for the Atlantic crossing. Not sure what that meant.

Loved the TA certainly was a great value.

d

thanks and it was great meeting you too.

Great pictures! Thank you for sharing. I loved your Halloween decorations!
thanks, I just wishes I'd taken photos of our cabin door which we also decorated.

Thank you for your lovely photo journal.
Many thanks

Great pictures!

Thank you for sharing.

Thank you

Peter, great photos, I was on the same cruise with Peter and I believe many felt the CD assistant should have been the CD, more personality. My DH & I enjoyed our first TA and we had a great Roll Call.

I agree Gay, and I think many more thought the same. Even when they were on TV the assistant appeared more confident and knowledgeable.

Hi Peter, great pics!! We were on the same cruise and agree with his comments. The cert was a nice touch, the CD was mediocre at best, and the roll call was unbelievable. Over 300 posters, and I think most of the 477 that signed up for the M&M showed up:eek:. Would love to do another TA with y'all again:D

Peter,

How did you get to Loro in Tenerife. Bus or ships excursion. We are on Adventure TA next year and that looks like a lot of fun.

Alex

Hi Alex, it was a shore excursion from RCI and considering the price it was good value as it included the transport to/from the port and entrance to the park which this year was €33 pp which equates to around £30 and the charge from RCI was only £42 each for the whole trip.

Sconnolly, we had a large group at the Hotel Barcelona Universal, others were at the Renaissance by the Airport, Continental. Peter had a lovely hotel nearer the Port. The Universal was only a 12 minute walk to Las Ramblas & had very nice accomodations. There were roughly 94 from our Roll Call staying there. http://www.hotelbarcelonauniversal.com/

Very nice pic's looks like you hada wonderful time. Thanks for sharing

In BCN which hotel did you use

Thanks

Hi, we stayed in the W Barcelona which is a great stylish hotel, but a little out of the way if you want to walk into the centre.

Hi, we stayed in the W Barcelona which is a great stylish hotel, but a little out of the way if you want to walk into the centre.

Hi Pete,

Your pictures are beautiful...

We are looking at the 7 night med cruise on the Liberty next September. The hotel I am looking at is the W. I know it's on the expensive side but it looks amazing. Can I ask how expensive the meals/drinks were at the hotel?

Thanks!

Hi Pete,

Your pictures are beautiful...

We are looking at the 7 night med cruise on the Liberty next September. The hotel I am looking at is the W. I know it's on the expensive side but it looks amazing. Can I ask how expensive the meals/drinks were at the hotel?

Thanks!

The only meal I can quote the price for is breakfast, which is outrageously expensive at €30, the cocktails in Eclipse are around €16 but a glass of wine in the lobby bar was only around €10. I would suggest trying to get a deal at the W, we got it from a UK website for the equivalent of $180 per night. IMHO it is not worth the regular rack rate prices.

Great photos, thanks for sharing. They've whetted my appetite for our first TA next November on IoTS :)
Glad you enjoyed them, we are now considering another TA.

I agree also Great Photos, who was your Diamond Lounge host? thanks
I believe she was called Nicola Bailey but not too sure as I never saw her as there were so many Diamond C&A members on board, the nightly event had to be held in the Sphinx Lounge and it was packed out. The continental breakfast normally served in the Diamond lounge had to be set up in the Olive or Twist lounge in the Viking Crown as the dedicated lounge could not accommodate the number of people.

Great pictures Peter - and what a great looking cruise! I know you and Patrick had a great time. Pam and I had a great cruise on the Allure but yours really looks like a trip to do!

Scott

Hi Scott, glad you enjoyed Allure, but I can recommend a TA, it's just the long flight home for us and that we couldn't spend any time in Florida at the end of the cruise that was the problem. As you know we like to spend a few days post cruise in Florida, but having been away 16 days we couldn't stay on, which is a pain for us!

I really enjoyed viewing the photo album. Looks like you had beautiful weather for the crossing. Cadiz has become my favorite port in Spain so I hope you enjoyed your visit there. I'm actually booked on the eastbound t/a on Liberty in April and this has me really excited. I've already been on Liberty and love the ship. Your photos reminded me why. Even the Dreamworks Parade looked like fun and I haven't seen a Royal Promenade parade to date that has impressed me. I noticed the poppy lapel badge and that's when I thought, "They must be Brits." (I obviously didn't bother to look at your screen name)

I see some of your pics show the Navigator with an outside movie screen. As far as i Know the Navigator doesn't have that yet. :confused:

Forgive me if i am wrong.

There are none of Navigator in this album as it is all Liberty (except for a few of Voyager who was docked in Cadiz and Tenerife with us) and there is an outdoor movie screen on the pool deck on Liberty.

Could you let me know which photos you are referring to I don't want to mislead anyone.

How many people took this cruise? From what it looked like, not that many.

Could be time of day or other factors. I am guessing not that many children and families?

Thanks again for posting!

I don't know the exact number as we didn't attend the welcome back meeting where I believe the captain provided the numbers and it was around 3500 with only 41 children on board. That's what I like about the Freedom class of ship, there is always plenty of space on board even with a full compliment of passengers IMHO.
I really enjoyed viewing the photo album. Looks like you had beautiful weather for the crossing. Cadiz has become my favorite port in Spain so I hope you enjoyed your visit there. I'm actually booked on the eastbound t/a on Liberty in April and this has me really excited. I've already been on Liberty and love the ship. Your photos reminded me why. Even the Dreamworks Parade looked like fun and I haven't seen a Royal Promenade parade to date that has impressed me. I noticed the poppy lapel badge and that's when I thought, "They must be Brits." (I obviously didn't bother to look at your screen name)

I have to say the Dreamworks parade is very well done and the whole Dreamworks thing is very low key and not "in your face" all the time which was a concern of mine. Have a great TA next April bringing her back for us in May! We enjoyed Cadiz but as it was 'All Saints Day' it was a little quiet with a lot of places closed as expected, but maybe next time.

There are none of Navigator in this album as it is all Liberty (except for a few of Voyager who was docked in Cadiz and Tenerife with us) and there is an outdoor movie screen on the pool deck on Liberty.

Could you let me know which photos you are referring to I don't want to mislead anyone.

I don't know the exact number as we didn't attend the welcome back meeting where I believe the captain provided the numbers and it was around 3500 with only 41 children on board. That's what I like about the Freedom class of ship, there is always plenty of space on board even with a full compliment of passengers IMHO.

I have to say the Dreamworks parade is very well done and the whole Dreamworks thing is very low key and not "in your face" all the time which was a concern of mine. Have a great TA next April bringing her back for us in May! We enjoyed Cadiz but as it was 'All Saints Day' it was a little quiet with a lot of places closed as expected, but maybe next time.

I actually did a stroll like you in Cadiz. The only place I went into was the cathedral but didn't want to pay the admission so I just had a quick look. But basically I saw the same sites you did. I did buy a pair of designer knock-off sun glasses but that's about it. I just fell in love with the park by the sea wall with the topiary. Also the Plaza de Falla in front of the Gran Teatro which is an architectural gem.

I actually did a stroll like you in Cadiz. The only place I went into was the cathedral but didn't want to pay the admission so I just had a quick look. But basically I saw the same sites you did. I did buy a pair of designer knock-off sun glasses but that's about it. I just fell in love with the park by the sea wall with the topiary. Also the Plaza de Falla in front of the Gran Teatro which is an architectural gem.
I know what you mean about the park by the sea, so relaxing.

Peteukmcr

Must be LOVELY being wealthy! Wonderful reviews that make the rest of us just dream...

:o

LOL wealthy, I wish. We know how travel on a budget, believe me.

Archived