Just Off the Mariner!

My Mom just returned from the same cruise and said the only issue they had was nothing was restocked from the TA. They were running out of alot of food and things. She also didn't get off untill after 11am however she lives near the port so that was not an issue. If she were flying out at 12 there is no way she would have made it.

She said Belize was terrible and not worth getting off the ship. Som when we go we are just doing the Banister Island tour and chilling at the beach. Roatan was beautiful and I can't wait for that!

Paul Rutter is the cruise director and he did a good job with all the shows, the Love & Marriage Show, the Quest, etc., and all the other activities onboard. He was very approachable and a nice guy.

Is Paul still using the same jokes? Something about three people captured by natives, natives using skin as the canoe and the last guy using a fork poking himself and saying something "To hell with your canoe"

Is Paul still using the same jokes? Something about three people captured by natives, natives using skin as the canoe and the last guy using a fork poking himself and saying something "To hell with your canoe"

Yes he is - Paul is a vacation fill - middle of January Kieron Buffery is scheduled back - he is awesome.

Yes, he did tell that joke! :rolleyes:

Pilotboy . . . if you're in a Grand Suite, you will not need tender tickets at all. All you do is show your gold card, and they'll point out the direction you're supposed to go. You can get off the ship as soon as they give the "all clear" - even as early as with those on excursions! Therefore, you can definitely meet a 12 noon (11 a.m. ships time) excursion.

We also had our first Grand Suite this cruise. You're going to love it! I couldn't believe all the room and storage we had, and the bathroom is to die for!

Pfitzy . . . we started checking with every bar and bar waiter the minute we got on the ship, and no one knew what we were talking about. I even talked to the Food and Beverage manager, and she said that she's never seen them on Mariner. Even after that, I kept checking periodically, and finally gave up on about day 5. I would have loved to have one of those beer coolers, too, but it looks like a "no go" on Mariner.

Dru

Seems he just like the majority of CD's everything just gets recycled.

I was hoping for something a little more substantial judging by the title. Can you tell us anything else about the cruise? ;) I for one, am dying to know about the regular entertainment - Schooner, Pub, reggae and nighclub bands.

Shows

Day 1 (Embarkation) Welcome Aboard Show, Tim McTigue (comedian)

Island A Go-Go Parade

Day 2 At Sea Merrill Osmond in Concert

Day 3 At Sea Gallery of Dreams (RC singers and dancers)

Day 4 Roatan Chad Chesmark (magic and comedy)

Day 5 Belize Ice Under the Big Top (circus themed ice skating show)

Love and Marriage Game Show

Day 6 Cozumel El Gaucho (comedy, music and special effects)

Day 7 Grand Cayman Center Stage (RC singers and dancers)

QUEST

Day 8 At Sea Ice Under the Big Top (afternoon repeat)

Clint Holmes (Las Vegas headliner)

Day 9 At Sea Farewell Show, Al Katz (comedian)

Musical entertainment- rotated around pool, Royal Promenade, Lotus Lounge, Boleros,Viking Crown and disco:

Mickey Utley Band (country and dance music)

Vybes 4 (reggae band)

Mirage Trio (latin band)

Robert (piano bar)

Ned (pub guitarist)

Classic trio

DJ Jorge

Adult karaoke

Mariner (9 piece band) and singers

We are sailing on this ship because of family wanting to do it. We prefer the Princess which is banning smoking in all but a few places on the ship mostly outside on upper deck. Staterooms and balconies are smoke free. With our allergies and sensitivity to smoke, being around it is not possible. It does cut down on the bar bill significantly though!

BTW Princess is bringing a ship into Galveston next winter. Congratulations to the musician that refuses to perform in the smoke filled Pub. Maybe if more would refuse to perform in smoke, it would get the point across.

Ok just for funnies.. Did anyone see this fellow?

5365036231_07553115c3_z.jpg

Clever by Wulfgar28, on Flickr

Or this one?

5365037135_c67093d673_z.jpg

William by Wulfgar28, on Flickr

These guys were a core part of the great trip we had on Mariner last January. We're hoping they are still aboard. It would be highly amusing to catch up with these guys again.

Thanks to all for the information on the Mariner. We are so excited to be cruising on her for New Years! Welcome to Texas Mariner of the Seas!

We did an Alaskan cruise on the Serenade of her inaugural year in Alaska after a repositioning from Hawaii. The crew was exhausted. Confusion due to menu, wine list, and activity changes was something we noticed quite frequently. All of these changed from what the crew told us.

We loved Alaska and our cruise. We also decided for future cruises we would not take the first cruise following a repostioning of a ship. The glitches are understandable. We felt badly for the crew because so many on board were operating on the "kill the messenger" philosophy. :( Hoping most, if not all, the bugs are worked out soon!

Thanks to all for sharing information about the Mariner.

There will never be a complete ban on smoking. So you couldnt use those few spaces. Go somewhere else. As far as your balcony. Im sorry to hear that. But unless RCCL bans smoking on the balcony (which Im not sure about) dont book a balcony. Its pretty simple really. Just avoid the places they allow smoking. But you left out the more important things like....how were the chair hogs?....how were the drunks??? Geesh....

I agree. Just avoid the areas if you do not like smoke. I have never seen so many whining about smoking. Never had a problem on my balcony and I just avoid the areas that allow smoking.

Archived