Is there an alarm clock/clock in the rooms?

buffi001

For those of you with IPhones or IPads try this alarm clock app. I have used it on several cruises.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alarm-clock-pro/id335678373?mt=8

DrJJ

Will it work if you are not in 3G or wifi connection? We put my phone on airplane mode so that there is no accidental connections when we're out of the US.

Susan

DrJJ

Will it work if you are not in 3G or wifi connection? We put my phone on airplane mode so that there is no accidental connections when we're out of the US.

Susan

I've used an alarm clock app on my iPad and iPhone. Always put it in airplane mode when I'm out of the country and I've never had a problem.

I also go into the Settings and manually change the time.

I find the clock in the phone by the bed ideal. Can't really think what else you might want the clock to do apart from tell you the time and (perhaps) wake you up.

What's more it will always display ship's time so no more confusion about time changes.

I like this! Who needs the racket of an alarm clock on vacation. Yuck!

The loud ring of the cabin phone is an equally annoying racket on vacation, but sometimes you need to get up on time, your method may vary from mine but an alarm clock from home not only does the trick it also allows us to know what time it is when you awaken in the middle of the night. Prior to bringing a bedside illuminated alarm clock we had to fumble for our glasses and pick up the phone to know what time it was.

350112-1-1.jpg

If you do forget to bring a clock (or if it is on the other side of the bed) there is a way to view the phone's clock in the dark. Just pick up the receiver and the display lights up for the next couple of minutes.

yes, I take my wife.

As I recall, there is no alarm clock in the room, however there is wake up service on the phone. I would invest in a $10 battery operated alarm for travel and always take it on trips.

LOL!

I use my iphone for a clock and alarm.

Kirk

My advice is to bring your own alarm clock as well. Sometimes you do need to awaken early for excursions and such. We just disembarked the Century earlier this month and were in a Royal Suite. The clock on the wall was ALWAYS 10-15 minutes slow. There was no manual way to change it and it drove me crazy. Also, I wouldn't rely on the telephones. Sometimes they will not function properly. For example, the most recent cruise we didn't have voicemail capabilities. This was a shipwide problem. So bottom line, if it's important to you, bring your own. We bring ours with a CD player for music in the cabin.

It did make us wonder about the possibility of the Century being rumored as "sold" and the reason for malfunctions. It didn't seem to be on anyone's priority list to fix.

DrJJ

Susan

It works fine in Airplane Mode

Yes, it may be displayed on the phone, but can you read it in the middle of the night! Not me. We bring an alarm clock.

Lift the receiver, the screen lights up for about thirty seconds, voilà! With airlines charging the proverbial arm-and-leg for extra baggage, anything I don't absolutely have to pack stays home :D

Besides, I live by the clock forty hours a week... Don't need to tell time when I'm on vacation!

Cheers,

Luc

Lift the receiver, the screen lights up for about thirty seconds, voilà! With airlines charging the proverbial arm-and-leg for extra baggage, anything I don't absolutely have to pack stays home :D

Besides, I live by the clock forty hours a week... Don't need to tell time when I'm on vacation!

Cheers,

Luc

Me thinks your eyes are a little younger than mine! I have to put on my glasses to see the tiny numbers :(.

By then, I am awake! Best to just bring my trusty alarm clock ;)

That wouldn't help the posters who have slept through their Connections party (or worse yet, if you slept late and missed a shore excursion).

It takes about 15 seconds to set-up a wake-up call on the phone. I've yet to miss a shore excursion or party!

Cheers,

Luc

Archived