What's the penalty for tagging a cruise ship?

I was on that Explorer cruise and we heard about the names, but nothing much about what happened afterwards. Rumor was that it was a banner and not actually painted on the ship (but it looks pretty real in the posted picture) - it disappeared quickly and was gone by our next port St. Thomas.

This reminds me of something that happened to a friend. Years ago she was letting her car warm up this was prior to auto starts being invented. Her car was stolen.

The police found the car abandoned 2 days later. The thieves left their mail in the back seat. As Homer Simpson would say Doh!

Nora

DSC_0533.jpg

Wat a bunch of idiots! Not only for defacing the EOS, but for the way they obviously had to do it.....probably standing on the railing.

By the way....good timing on this picture. We get to see what Kim's (or Patricia's) dumb arse looks like.

I would have picked names not assiociated with the occupants of the cabin. Wow the surprise of the parents must be priceless

We were on this cruise and there were very few kids... I almost have to think it was done by adults which is even sadder.... I really didn't see any teenagers

I really don't know what makes anyone think this is OK in any way... amazing stupidity

The person in the picture is in the cabin next door to the neon name cabin. It is the top deck, aft starboard cabin.

I looked at the pictures I took of the Explorer as it backed into dock in St. Martin and the names were not there then and also when we first returned to the ship at 12:30 cuz we took pictures of the two ships together. When I went back for something at 2:30 that is when, at least the passengers in this cabin waited till the ship was docked to do the deed! Names were still there when we pulled away from port...so nothing was done right away.

We also watched 2 people running for the ship as they were getting ready to pull in the gangway, why do people wait till the last minute?

Bev

I would have picked names not assiociated with the occupants of the cabin. Wow the surprise of the parents must be priceless

It doesn't matter what names they used. The people who did it had to have access to the balcony.

Disgusting.:rolleyes:

Wow. You would think someone would of seen something from the windows above? I would really like to see the look on the parents faces. unless they knew what they did.

Those windows are the back of the Windjammer. When you are in there it is actually quite difficult, because of the angle, to see that part of the ship. And with the inside lighting you can see just about nothing out of those windows at night. Though, according to an above post, it happened during the day.

I was on that Explorer cruise and we heard about the names, but nothing much about what happened afterwards. Rumor was that it was a banner and not actually painted on the ship (but it looks pretty real in the posted picture) - it disappeared quickly and was gone by our next port St. Thomas.

I don't see any way to attach a banner to the ship that would have the names in that position.

We saw this also. At first we thought it was paint, but after a closer look, it appeared to be colored tape that they used to create the names.

I think it was tape and I saw a person applying it, but I cannot recall if it was as we were heading for St Maarten or upon our return.

We’ve seen the bar lowering for years. How low can it go? Now we have passengers who write graffiti on a cruise ship. What’s next – gang symbols?

I can hear it now - Hey it’s my cabin, I paid for it - I can write anything I want on the walls or the side of the ship.

M

Last Thanksgiving on Voyager we had 2 gang members (the Twilight Gang) who wore wolf tails hanging out their backsides. Boy did I want to go pull one out! Silly clueless morons. So annoying.:mad: There have been several horrible incidents here in San Antonio with that gang, including cat killings, etc.

The dumbing down of America!

Maybe magnet sheets like people put on their doors? That's a lot of letters for no mistakes, and if it were a spur of the moment thing I would assume liquor would have been involved, and it looks a little too perfect for "under the influence."

Last Thanksgiving on Voyager we had 2 gang members (the Twilight Gang) who wore wolf tails hanging out their backsides. Boy did I want to go pull one out! Silly clueless morons. So annoying.:mad: There have been several horrible incidents here in San Antonio with that gang, including cat killings, etc.

The dumbing down of America!

Agree!!

Archived