First Time RC - Oasis Cabin 11328

A.Bursell

I just booked my first Royal Caribbean cruise (have done Celebrity and Carnival before). I booked for 2/25/2012 on Oasis for Eastern Caribbean.

My last cruise on Celebrity I had a cabin that was apparently surrounded by the anchor chain and the engines (ok, not really). It had horrendous noise and I did not sleep well at all, ANY night. I am trying to be really careful and get a really nice cabin this time.

I figured one of the easiest ways was to get a higher deck, as well as keeping to either the front or back of the ship to minimize foot traffic and doors slamming, etc.

During the "Cyber Monday" sales, I saw a cabin on Deck 14, which I missed, but then I saw Cabin 11328, which I then grabbed. It's on Deck 11 at the back of the ship and is a D3 class (not sure what that means compared to other D classes). I figured being high up and on the end would make for a nice experience.

I have searched and searched and can't find anything about this particular cabin on this ship or Allure.

Does anyone have experience with this one? Or cabins around this one? How did I do?

I am obviously a little nervous and would appreciate feedback.

Thanks!

Adam

Thanks!

Anything specific about this cabin or area? Will I hear anchor noises or "thrusters" while docking or anything of the sort? Any noise from above or below? Anything at all anyone can tell me about this cabin or area would be great.

Adam

Thanks!

Anything specific about this cabin or area? Will I hear anchor noises or "thrusters" while docking or anything of the sort? Any noise from above or below? Anything at all anyone can tell me about this cabin or area would be great.

Adam

I too prefer mid-ship but it's not a big deal. No anchor noise or thrusters. If the ship is making a maneuver using the bow thrusters to turn around, you may feel a slight vibration but it only occurs in certain ports and I'm not even sure if you'll feel it on the Oasis. I've felt it on other ships but don't recall feeling it on the Oasis.

You have cabins above and below but not really looking down at you. If I am right, and some one will correct me if not, there also maybe a public balcony at the very end of that hall from where you can watch the diving show. We found it empty when we cruised but the secret might be out. Anyway, no worries and have a great time.:)

check out this thread. I booked the rooms across the hall from yours looking down on the boardwalk, yours will be very private looking out over the ocean

You picked a great location, and yes there is a public deck at the end of the hall. Complete with lounge chairs and a good view of the Aquatheater.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1524841

...to minimize foot traffic and doors slamming, etc.

Understandable. However, on Oasis I believe there is a design fault and all of us are suffering for it. You can't do anything about it but I found this bothersome. The cabin doors are recessed slightly into alcoves in the hallway, and they open OUT into the hall. This allows for frequent slamming of doors, whether people mean to let them go or not. We noticed it more on Oasis than any other ship.

Therefore... having been annoyed, we made a conscious effort to let the door close as gently as possible. If everyone did this, it would be wonderful. However, like I said, door slamming is way more prevalent on this class of ship than on others. Oh well.

Just be a good neighbor. :D

Understandable. However, on Oasis I believe there is a design fault and all of us are suffering for it. You can't do anything about it but I found this bothersome. The cabin doors are recessed slightly into alcoves in the hallway, and they open OUT into the hall. This allows for frequent slamming of doors, whether people mean to let them go or not. We noticed it more on Oasis than any other ship.

Therefore... having been annoyed, we made a conscious effort to let the door close as gently as possible. If everyone did this, it would be wonderful. However, like I said, door slamming is way more prevalent on this class of ship than on others. Oh well.

I read that they were recessed, which sounded nice, but didn't know they opened out. Interesting. I try to always be a good neighbor, but knowing everyone else doesn't share that idea is why I asked about this stuff. Now I know a little more of what to expect. Thanks!

Adam

My memory could be off but I recall some doors swung in and others swung out. I do not recall the slamming being any worse than any other ship I have cruised on. Just my experience...maybe I had better neighbors than yours.

• 1 month later...
Thanks everyone-- feel better about this now. :D

Still would like to hear something specific about this part of the ship if anyone has stayed in this cabin or near-- would be great.

Adam

you're going to be doing a LOT of walking being way back. Hope you like stairs too.

Best place IMO is by the aft stairs / elevators around deck 6-8. Easy to get to both boardwalk and central park. Entrance to the dining rooms on deck 3, 4, and 5 right below you.

Having recently sailed on Oasis in cabin 11286 I can give you first hand feedback :D

No-one can see into your cabin from above or below. If someone from the next cabin wanted to look over the railing they could see near your railing.

These cabins are very close to that deck 11 aft balcony which is a great spot for sailaway or watching shows in the Aqua Theatre from above. Marvellous views similar to an aft balcony but over the back of the ship too, including the rock climbing walls.

It is a trek from the lifts, but quiet as not too many people venture up the hallways. Close to all the dining venues via the lifts/stairs. The noise from slamming doors decreases as everyone gets used to handling them after a couple of days.

No noise from thrusters or the like - way too high for that.

One thing that you will notice is how high up you feel compared to other ships in port, staring straight down over and above all their pool decks and balconies ... lol. ;)

Also I was surprised at how rocky Oasis felt. We were in 5-10m seas on the way to Nassau and it was very rocky, just like a much smaller ship.

Enjoy your cruise. It's an awesome ship.

Thanks for the updates. My cruise is on 2/25, and I think I made a good choice with cabins.

I'll report back!

Adam

thanks can't wait to hear,,we have booked 11329 (have been before) and loved it,,have family memebers in 11328 a little more concerned about privacy so anxiously awaiting your reports..Have a great trip...

Look at post #25 on this thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1093515&highlight=oasis+of+the+seas+cabin+info&page=2

Balcony may not be that private.

You might want to move down the hallway a few more cabins and not take a chance.

Switch to #11324 it is available for your sailing.

Jimbo:)

thanks so much..was able to switch to 11324..rivacy was important here...

Post referred to cabin 11728 on starboard "Anyone that is in that area can look around the partition and see the balcony and look in the room if the curtains are open."

I just want to point out that this can happen from ANY balcony not just that aft balcony on deck 11. There is actually a fixed partition in place which is wider than the usual balcony partitions.

Moving a couple of cabins back is a good choice as it will be further away from the door out the back which can be affected by the wind. BUT 11324/11328 is a completely different cabin type to 11329 :confused:

Post referred to cabin 11728 on starboard "Anyone that is in that area can look around the partition and see the balcony and look in the room if the curtains are open."

I just want to point out that this can happen from ANY balcony not just that aft balcony on deck 11. There is actually a fixed partition in place which is wider than the usual balcony partitions.

Moving a couple of cabins back is a good choice as it will be further away from the door out the back which can be affected by the wind. BUT 11324/11328 is a completely different cabin type to 11329 :confused:

I don't think the privacy issue is with cabin 11329 which is a boardwalk Balcony, the privacy issue question was concerning cabin 11328 which is near the public deck on deck 11.

I don't think the privacy issue is with cabin 11329 which is a boardwalk Balcony, the privacy issue question was concerning cabin 11328 which is near the public deck on deck 11.

right ..we were just in 11329 and loved it..privacy not an issue but watching Aqua show and the Boardwalk activities from the balcony was great..

so based on your advice we changed the 11328 couple to 11324...

Thanks!

Adam

It should be pretty quiet, deck 14 may have noise from the pool deck above, but your deck should be ok. That far back will have less foot traffic, but we had very little problem with that further forward.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to post an update (late I know). We LOVED the cabin. It was extremely quiet and private. We got our ocean view, and then we could step outside and around the corner (literally) and get our Aquatheater view. Would book this one again!

Adam

Archived