would love your opinion

amillard222

Hello ladies,

I just bought my dress for elegant night on Carnival and would love to know what you think. It took me until I was 30 to really enjoy wearing a dress or even a skirt, so I am really not even sure what color shoes to wear. I have a pair of black heals that I am sure would go with the dress but I dont really want to look to matronlly(sp?) by wearing too much black. Thanks in advance!!!

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_031VA46675101P?sid=IDx20070921x00003d&srccode=cii_13736960&cpncode=26-64134327-2

By the way I bought the dress on ebay for $26.00 woot woot!!!!!!

I also would like your opinion on this other dress I bought on Ebay for $11.00 and I would like your opinion if it would be appro. for a non-elegant night for dinner

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220907530546

scroll down on link to see 2nd dress

The 1st dress...lovely....black or silver shoes will be grand!

The second dress....was that the larger photo??? (Chiffon print by Zoey???) Didn't do much for me..looked sort of sloppy and ill-fitting....it's NOT a "formal" look at all. I guess it would work for a non-formal night, but not my first choice!

To answer your questions...

I don't think black heels would be matronly. It's more of the style than the color. If you want to look young and hot, go for some 5-inch black open-toed pumps.

Christian%20Louboutins%20Very%20Prive%20Patent%20Shiny%20Black%20Pumps.jpg

If you want to be a little edgier, you could also do silver heels.

clouboutin-silver.jpg

A hidden platform (like shown) in the sole gives you extra height without making it too difficult to walk in.

And yes, the second dress would be appropriate for a casual night.

To answer your questions...

I don't think black heels would be matronly. It's more of the style than the color. If you want to look young and hot, go for some 5-inch black open-toed pumps.

Christian%20Louboutins%20Very%20Prive%20Patent%20Shiny%20Black%20Pumps.jpg

If you want to be a little edgier, you could also do silver heels.

clouboutin-silver.jpg

A hidden platform (like shown) in the sole gives you extra height without making it too difficult to walk in.

And yes, the second dress would be appropriate for a casual night.

I would give my hubbys right hand for those silver sparkle Louboutins...lol

very nice!!

Wish I could still wear 4" heels like LittleMissMagic suggests, but they don't work for all of us ... nor are they great on a moving cruise ship unless you're really used to wearing high high heels. And to think I used to wear them to work when I was a bank teller and STOOD for 8-hours a day!

I do agree that it's the style more than the colour that makes one look matronly. You're better off with something strappy, even if it doesn't have a very high heel.

Here is a cute sandal. I have a pair similar to this and they're comfortable but dressy:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nina-norilo-satin-sandal/3224564?origin=category&resultback=3500

You could also go with something like this (although maybe not the Prada ;) )

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/prada-jeweled-satin-sandal/3230360?origin=category&resultback=4300

And here is a cute pump that would work with many different dresses:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bp-elegant-pump/3175346?origin=category&resultback=7100

Since the black dress has sequin trim, play up thje sequins in your accessories. A silver or black sandal with sequin trim and some snazzy sequin earrings and maybe a bracelet. You'll look stunning.

The second dress is cute and great for a non-formal night

Wish I could still wear 4" heels like LittleMissMagic suggests, but they don't work for all of us ... nor are they great on a moving cruise ship unless you're really used to wearing high high heels. And to think I used to wear them to work when I was a bank teller and STOOD for 8-hours a day!

I do agree that it's the style more than the colour that makes one look matronly. You're better off with something strappy, even if it doesn't have a very high heel.

Here is a cute sandal. I have a pair similar to this and they're comfortable but dressy:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nina-norilo-satin-sandal/3224564?origin=category&resultback=3500

You could also go with something like this (although maybe not the Prada ;) )

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/prada-jeweled-satin-sandal/3230360?origin=category&resultback=4300

And here is a cute pump that would work with many different dresses:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bp-elegant-pump/3175346?origin=category&resultback=7100

Yikes! $990! You could practically go on another cruise for that! :D (No offense to poster... I know it was just a suggested look. I simply can't believe anyone would pay that for a pair of shoes!) :eek:

I love the black dress and think the multi will look much better in person than in the pictures :)

There are some great low-heeled, strappy sandals out there that would work with both dresses. I would play up the sequins & go with silver.

Yikes! $990! You could practically go on another cruise for that! :D (No offense to poster... I know it was just a suggested look. I simply can't believe anyone would pay that for a pair of shoes!) :eek:

Crazy, right? But a lot of people do! Oh, to have money to blow.....

I look at expensive clothing/shoes for inspiration, then try to find similar pieces that fit into my price range. That's how you build an expensive-looking wardrobe on a budget.

My mother is 50 and rocks the 5-inch heel. I don't recommend trying it out for the first time on a cruise ship, but you can easily learn how to walk in high heels just by practicing around the house. Don't shy away from high heels just because they're "dangerous" - they make your legs look longer and leaner and you more confident and powerful.

Hi,:) I LOVE the black dress too:) and that is a dress I would wear

on a formal night as well. It is lovely:)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the shoes, I am 53 and have not 1 iota of desire to wear

a 4 or 5 inch heel. They might make a person's leg look longer but if

the person wearing them doesn't like them or feels totally uncomfortable

in them? I see no reason to wear them. They do not work for all of

us, I agree with Janine 100% on that one.

Making a person feel powerful? If it takes wearing a high stiletto to

do that? No thanks. I have enough confidence without them.

Different strokes for different folks.

Clearly I needed a disclaimer:

You will not look confident or sexy if you can't walk in them.

Hey Lois ... you're so right that no one needs a 4" or 5" heel to look confident or powerful. Confidence and power come from the brain and attitude, not from the height of the heel!

I am the first to admit that flat shoes can look clunky and they don't do much for the legs, but sometimes that's what works for our feet and legs.

Oh to be 20ish again and not have foot problems!!! ;)

Hey Lois ... you're so right that no one needs a 4" or 5" heel to look confident or powerful. Confidence and power come from the brain and attitude, not from the height of the heel!

I am the first to admit that flat shoes can look clunky and they don't do much for the legs, but sometimes that's what works for our feet and legs.

Oh to be 20ish again and not have foot problems!!! ;)

Hi Janine:) to be honest, I never wore them even in my 20s......

Thinking about going on Millennium next month for 5 nights...you

and Geoff want to go again?:D

...I have a pair of black heals that I am sure would go with the dress but I dont really want to look to matronlly(sp?) by wearing too much black.

I know you've already replied again, but I wanted to ask you if you think the model in the picture looks matronly? She is wearing all black. ;) The dress is pretty. Black heels are more than appropriate.

Archived