Retreat or Lido Cabanas? Eurodam

dannymac41

We were just very fortunate this week and were able to book a Retreat Cabana for the sea days only. It was great to have the "guaranteed" space.

Douglas...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was lucky. Good to know it can happen.

That was lucky. Good to know it can happen.

Yes, surprising, considering that we booked our Retreat for 3/23 Euro and read on Roll Call that another pax tried to book one for the week and they were sold out. Perhaps they save a few for daily bookings.

Yes, surprising, considering that we booked our Retreat for 3/23 Euro and read on Roll Call that another pax tried to book one for the week and they were sold out. Perhaps they save a few for daily bookings.

I don't think they would save any. I'm pretty sure HAL would rather have a for sure thing then a maybe.

I don't think they would save any. I'm pretty sure HAL would rather have a for sure thing then a maybe.

I agree. I think it's more likely there was a cancellation, and someone was in the right place at the right time to grab the free days.

I agree. I think it's more likely there was a cancellation, and someone was in the right place at the right time to grab the free days.

I totally agree. Actually, our cruise was not sold out until the Wednesday prior to sailing, so it may have been that it was open. There were two that were available for our choosing by the day. Anyhow...we loved it.

Hello! I'm curious to whether or not it's worth booking the Retreat and/or Lido cabanas is advance, what the difference between them is, are they worth it, etc. Any info about them actually is appreciated.

I haven't sailed on HAL for 7 years and never a Caribbean cruise so I'm looking at getting up to speed on some of the newer facilities and services available.

Also, if anyone else has some general suggestions/tips for me I'd appreciate it. My wife and I are booked to sail an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Eurodam.

Thanks!

Don't worry with the ship contineously in code red, it won't make difference..

There aren't that many of them. We booked one the day the cruise was posted on the website, which was over a year in advance.

We enjoyed it but I don't think we would bother again. We spent more time at the pool than we normally would have because we felt we had to justify the cost, and in doing so we missed out on other activities we would have enjoyed.

This was a reply to the above post. I just neglected to quote it first. Sorry.

Edited by sapper1

We've now done both Lido and Retreat cabanas. I have to say for our purposes we liked both kinds.

Last year we did the Lido cabana and it worked very well as the meeting spot for our family. It was very convenient to the pool for our nephew (and me).

Last week we did the Retreat cabana for the sea days. I have to say that they are not as convenient to the pools as I would like them to be. They are, however, in their own quiet world and it feels like you are in your own private space on the ship.

In both cases the attendants there take very good care of you (however I must say that the service in the Lido cabana was much better last year than the Retreat service last week...although perhaps it isn't fair to judge because we were only there for two sea days).

I will say, though, that I think there should be a card swipe for entrance to the Retreat area (similar to that of the Thermal Suite). There were often people walking through and sitting in the loungers to be chased out by the attendants. It is marked on the gates, however not very conspicuously.

One thing that we did find annoying was the fact that they were painting the white trim in the Retreat area on one of the sea days. I know that work needs to be done, however I would think perhaps a port day would be a little less busy in the Retreat. I'm usually not bothered by paint smells, but when we were sitting in the cabana it really bothered me (in such a small confined space).

Would I do them again? Absolutely yes. I would rent a Retreat cabana for the week if it was just us or a Lido cabana if it was the whole extended family again. Unfortunately, however, they are not available on our next cruise...

• 3 years later...
Much less. It's just 2 decks down, by elevator or stairs. The Retreat cabanas overlook the roof of the Lido pool.

CLICK HERE for an info sheet about both types of cabanas.

2896255450099632937S425x425Q85.jpg

This was extremely helpful- thank you! I do wonder though, whether the retreat is open for alaskan cruises on eurodam and since we are not getting a balcony the lido cabana migt be a good compromise knowing the cost. Thank you for the attachment!!!!!

• 2 months later...