Chocolate melting cake

noah53

I have heard a great deal about how good this dessert is. yum. Is it available in Lido buffet or just in MDR?

:) Most people seem to love, it, but after I ate it once, I really don't want it again. Not cooked right or something. But enjoy!! There are tons of people who disagree with me! :D

I must be the only person that doesn't like it :eek:

To me it is way to sweet and tastes like someone didn't cook it enough :rolleyes:

I don't like raw cookie dough either.

To each his own, my dgs loves it :):):)

I always order mine well done, I like more cake than choc sauce

When we did the Chef's table on the Liberty, the chef told us that they make it well done, medium rare and rare because different passengers like it at different levels of "doneness".

Best to just tell your waiter the way you like it, and they will get the correct version for you.

I thought that was awesome advice, directly from the head guy's mouth (well, the head of the Liberty anyway)

My husband loves it and has it almost every night. He likes it any old way they serve it and doesn't care if it's still liquid or completely cooked.

I'm not a huge fan. I think it may be because I'm not a dark chocolate person. It's almost too strong of a chocolate flavor for me.

I have seen it in the buffet, but without the ice cream

I think the problem with it in the buffet would be it cooking the rest of the way if on a warmer, or drying out if just set on the counter.

Or the melting part would turn in to a pudding type of thing,

Hey that might make the rest of us that really don't like it, like it.

I like cake with pudding in the middle, or whipped cream (like a King Dong)

I always order mine well done, I like more cake than choc sauce

Think I'll try that next time. Only had it once & didn't care for it at all, couldn't understand why it was on everyone's must try list. Hopefully next time will be better, but honestly if I could get bitter & blanc every night I'd be extremely happy:D

When we did the Chef's table on the Liberty, the chef told us that they make it well done, medium rare and rare because different passengers like it at different levels of "doneness".

Best to just tell your waiter the way you like it, and they will get the correct version for you.

I thought that was awesome advice, directly from the head guy's mouth (well, the head of the Liberty anyway)

If you just order warm chocolate melting cake, without specifying a version, which version do you get? I assume medium. Or is it just random? I enjoyed it when I was on a Carnival cruise, but I don't know which version I got.

Archived