Chocolate melting cake

noah53

I have seen it in the buffet, but without the ice cream

WOW,,,Chocolate Melting Cake without Ice Cream would be like a day without sunshine! BUMMER! I actually ALWAYS order double ice cream with my chocolate melting cake. All that chocolate requires it IMO! :D

"SKY"

Think I'll try that next time. Only had it once & didn't care for it at all, couldn't understand why it was on everyone's must try list. Hopefully next time will be better, but honestly if I could get bitter & blanc every night I'd be extremely happy:D

I finally tried the bitter & Blanc on my last cruise..and I loved it. That is one that I will look forward to between cruises. And I wish it was an everynight type of dessert.

If you just order warm chocolate melting cake, without specifying a version, which version do you get? I assume medium. Or is it just random? I enjoyed it when I was on a Carnival cruise, but I don't know which version I got.

I didn't know you could order it a specific way, and seemed to get "random". I had it every night and sometimes it was wonderful (medium rare) and sometimes it was too done (for my liking). Never got one that was too undercooked (again, for my liking).

I must be the only person that doesn't like it :eek:

To me it is way to sweet and tastes like someone didn't cook it enough :rolleyes:

I don't like raw cookie dough either.

To each his own, my dgs loves it :):):)

Dogs and chocolate. That's a no no.

I had it once, after all the raving on here about it. Was not impressed.

If you just order warm chocolate melting cake, without specifying a version, which version do you get? I assume medium. Or is it just random? I enjoyed it when I was on a Carnival cruise, but I don't know which version I got.

I think it's random. Our first night mine was well done without any "melting". My wife got it too and hers was perfect (medium). I asked about it the next night at the Chef's Table and that's what they told me.

From there on out I actually asked for it runny (with 2 ice creams), and that's what I got...so it does work.

I think it's random. Our first night mine was well done without any "melting". My wife got it too and hers was perfect (medium). I asked about it the next night at the Chef's Table and that's what they told me.

From there on out I actually asked for it runny (with 2 ice creams), and that's what I got...so it does work.

Or, in other words, poor/inconsistent preparation....

Good to know about asking for it well done.

On our last cruise we told all our tablemates they must get the melting cake. Many of them didn't understand why we ordered it almost every night (my husband ordered it every night and I ordered it except when the Bitter N Blanc or Creme Brulee was on the menu). One of them described it as "too much melting". Then I realized they didn't get "good" ones (I like it more well done with just a little melt in the middle... maybe that's "medium".) So, they tried it again another night and agreed that the ones they had the first night weren't cooked enough.

I always thought it was luck of the draw as I've received them to my liking about 75% of the time. Now I'll be sure to ask for a well done one!

Seems that after each cruise we become unintentionally addicted to CMC... not realizing it until we get home and are craving it! Once I went to Trader Joe's and bought several packages of their frozen lava cakes as a decent substitute to slowly get us through the withdrawal. :o

I always order mine well done, I like more cake than choc sauce

SERIOUSLY ?? You can do that ??

I loved the WCMC on the Liberty first time we sailed Carnival then last year on the Freedom, it was this soupy goo - a better name would be "Warm Chocolate Cake Batter" - no cake at all...

I almost asked if they could just stick it in a microwave for a minute...Can they really make it to order and cook it a little longer ? (I kinda figured it was mass produced and the waiters just picked it up from a station and went)

I had it three times on our last cruise a couple weeks ago. Not that I'm addicted to it or anything... :rolleyes:

Very good! Got the recipe and DW is making for Christmas! :D

Here is a pic of what it looked like on the Dream

DSCN0262.jpg

So I have no way of knowing which "version" of it I got.

It's actually a pretty disgusting item if it's made incorrectly, which is more often than not. :mad:

Better to have the Bitter & Blanc.

I was actually disappointed with the bitter & blanc when I tried it on my last cruise. Very dry, and not enough chocolate.

Chocolate melting cake is inconsistent - some days it's soupy, some days it's firm throughout, and some days it's just right.

I must be the only person that doesn't like it :eek:

To me it is way to sweet and tastes like someone didn't cook it enough :rolleyes:

I don't like raw cookie dough either.

To each his own, my dgs loves it :):):)

You are not the only person. Just seems to be under baked.

Archived