Pinnacle Dress on 6 day Cruise w/o formal nights

My husband always wears a blazer in the Pinnacle. But that's for me: I don't like to see shirt sleeves and definitely not short sleeves on men! Particularly in a fine restaurant like the Pinnacle or any of the specialty restaurants on any ship.

When HAL started the new smart casual idea - the first time we went to the Pinnacle very few men wore suits or jackets.

Now my DH just wears a nice golf shirt.

You will see some men wearing a suit -- some with only a jacket -- but most (on our cruises) go casual.

If you are going on a Le Cirque night -- the majority of the men do wear jackets and suits.

My husband always wears a blazer in the Pinnacle. But that's for me: I don't like to see shirt sleeves and definitely not short sleeves on men! Particularly in a fine restaurant like the Pinnacle or any of the specialty restaurants on any ship.

DH used to always wear a jacket and tie to Pinnacle and tuxedo if we went on formal night.

Then he went to the blazer with no tie but dress shirt.

Then he went to blazer with polo shirt.

Now, most of the time, unless it is formal night, he wears dress trousers and polo shirt.

If we are entertaining others (or being entertained), he always wears a jacket. If it is just us, usually not anymore.

Next week I will be on the Westerdam. The cruise does not have any formal nights and thus I am hoping not to pack any formal wear. I do have a reservation at the Pinnacle one night. Can I dress in business casual/country club casual there or do I need to throw in a suit and tie?

Yes, of course you can dress in casual/country club casual on any night in the PG since you will have no formal nights on your cruise! :) The PG follows the dress code for the MDR! As well, you are not required to leave a gratuity in the PG, at any meal, because the staff are included in the tip pool! ;)

When HAL started the new smart casual idea - the first time we went to the Pinnacle very few men wore suits or jackets.

Now my DH just wears a nice golf shirt.

You will see some men wearing a suit -- some with only a jacket -- but most (on our cruises) go casual.

If you are going on a Le Cirque night -- the majority of the men do wear jackets and suits.

This is our experience as well.

Yes, of course you can dress in casual/country club casual on any night in the PG since you will have no formal nights on your cruise! :) The PG follows the dress code for the MDR! As well, you are not required to leave a gratuity in the PG, at any meal, because the staff are included in the tip pool! ;)

As much as I seriously dread bringing this up......can your statement be supported by others regarding tipping in Pinnacle? I was told the exact opposite by PG staff on my last cruise. They were clear that they were NOT included, and were most gracious at receiving what we left for them.

Not looking whatsoever for a debate on the subject, just wondering what the actual truth is. Thanks.

As much as I seriously dread bringing this up......can your statement be supported by others regarding tipping in Pinnacle? I was told the exact opposite by PG staff on my last cruise. They were clear that they were NOT included, and were most gracious at receiving what we left for them.

Not looking whatsoever for a debate on the subject, just wondering what the actual truth is. Thanks.

Well, of course the PG staff are going to tell you that they are NOT included in the tips! ;) Did you ask the PG Manager! :confused: The PG staff ARE included in the tip pool! :)

Archived