Last minute pre boarding questions

Loucat

Yes -- the Internet on all ships is slooooooooow.

It will eat up your minutes like crazy -- not wise to teach online with that kind of a situation.

Maybe you can find Internet Cafe's once ashore.

You are always a wealth of information on HAL. Dumb question # 10.

Does the Eurodam have a laundry with an iron and ironing board?

Is there a laundry room on board the Eurodam?

No

There is laundry by the bag -- it used to be $20 for as much as you could stuff into one bag -- but some people have reported that the price is now $26. Everything comes back washed and nicely pressed either in a basket or on hangers.

Or you can get the unlimited laundry -- usually $49 for a weekly cruise. Send out as much laundry out as you wish during the week.

Thanks! How slow is slow and are there areas on the ship that are faster? I have no choice on the teaching piece as my course has already started. I can look up Internet cafes in the ports but boy is that a pickle. I spend port time in some interesting spots online:eek:

Check out Joanie's site here to get locations for the best hot spots for the Internet:

http://abqreunion2008.com/

This is just an example -- I used to spend 20 minutes of Internet time just doing a couple of e-mails even though I had worked off-line and just needed to copy and past.

Some time the Internet will be done completely -- mainly because of the location of the ship.

No

There is laundry by the bag -- it used to be $20 for as much as you could stuff into one bag -- but some people have reported that the price is now $26. Everything comes back washed and nicely pressed either in a basket or on hangers.

Or you can get the unlimited laundry -- usually $49 for a weekly cruise. Send out as much laundry out as you wish during the week.

Just to verify, that is $49 for a 7 day cruise as it is $7 per day. So if your cruise is 10 days then unlimited laundry is $70. But it is a great service and you don't have to do the unlimited. They have specials throughout the week, like maybe half-price on everything you can stuff in the bag.

They also have a service that is unlimited pressing only and I'm sorry but I don't remember the cost on that one. They also offer dry cleaning.

We have used the laundry, the pressing service, and the dry cleaning and it's great with no problems. Like someone else mentioned, you don't have to take home as many dirty clothes so you don't have 10 loads of laundry to do after vacation :eek: PLUS, you can save on luggage costs because you don't have to pack as many clothes.

Thank you all for some great information!!!

How and where would we sign up for the cooking classes?

They are not announced until you get onboard and there are different places to sign up. One time it was the front desk, one time the Culinary Center, and one time we even signed up during dinner after mentioning that we loved a particular dish and the waiter told us that they were doing a class on how to prepare it and would we like to join.

On the first day, when you get to your cabin, there will be lots of paperwork detailing all kinds of activities and where to sign up for those activities. Once the cooking classes were detailed in that paperwork, but on another cruise, we didn't know until the day before and they were announced in the daily schedule. So, it is going to vary, but you have a few places to look.

Check out Joanie's site here to get locations for the best hot spots for the Internet:

http://abqreunion2008.com/

This is just an example -- I used to spend 20 minutes of Internet time just doing a couple of e-mails even though I had worked off-line and just needed to copy and past.

Some time the Internet will be done completely -- mainly because of the location of the ship.

Thanks so much! I knew you would come through with the details. I copied the list of hot spots and hope they are hot!

Archived