Did I miss something?

stoneharborlady

They have never offered a discount on all itineraries or even all cabins

This has been our experience as well. Sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes you don't. I do find that pricing is a bit higher this year. Cruises must be selling well right now.

Pricing seems to be weird nowadays. I was about to book a cruise last week & just decided to see if my mom's info was correct on her My Princess. I was surprised to find her cruise price to be a $100 cheaper than mine ! Needless to say she is now passenger 1 & I am passenger 2. I have taken a lot more Princess cruises than my mom.

Some past passenger discounts expire a certain number of days in advance. In comparison to airfare pricing, cruise rates are very steady & eligible for reductions so I don't have any complaints when comparing their pricing procedures to airfares.

A small group of us booked a Alaska Cruise back in Early November, one couple in the group are first time cruisers. When we booked it was costing them $400 more than the rest of us and it almost kept them from booking. We talked them into booking with the promise that prices change and if it goes down they could get adjusted.... To make a longer story shorter they got lucky around Thanksgiving and there was a special going on so they were able to adjust it down to the same we are paying.... Moral of the story Keep your eye out you never know when there will be a great deal coming around.:rolleyes:

Archived