How do we set up a CC party hosted by Cunard?

Natasha708

I have made a number of cruises on Cunard , and they have never set up anything for CC.

They barely allocate a space, in some case we just gather in a corner of the Commodore room by the piano.

You buy your own drinks as though you were there normally.

Cunard are very bad on this.

Does anyone know how many people we need to have for Cunard to give us a room, invites, and snacks?

Is it too late if we are cruising next week?

Thx!

Ring Cunard in the U.S.A. Tell the operator what you would like to do etc and they will put you in touch with the social/events organiser. I believe they like to know 7 days prior to the event but that's just a guess. I don't know about minimum numbers but I suppose they will tell you.

The Commodore Club is the best venue.

The Cunard CC gatherings, I'm told, traditionally take place on the first sea day, 2PM, Commodore Club. Of course there is no way of knowing who will actually show up at the appointed time and place or how many might decide to do something else.

The Cunard CC gatherings, I'm told, traditionally take place on the first sea day, 2PM, Commodore Club. Of course there is no way of knowing who will actually show up at the appointed time and place or how many might decide to do something else.

Shouldn't this all be figured out on the roll call? :rolleyes:

Shouldn't this all be figured out on the roll call? :rolleyes:

Actually it is on rollcall, but Natasha was looking for more info. I'm on that trip as well. On our Nov. trip last year we had a large group..probably near 50. The meeting was rather disjointed. I actually forgot about it. We still met a lot of CC folks on the trip.

Actually it is on rollcall, but Natasha was looking for more info. I'm on that trip as well. On our Nov. trip last year we had a large group..probably near 50. The meeting was rather disjointed. I actually forgot about it. We still met a lot of CC folks on the trip.

Thanks for the added support Keith. I was told by others, that CC does do an organised party on Cunard ships. I just wanted our group to have the very best experience as possible. I will call them in California tomorrow and see if I can get any farther. Thank you everyone for your responses. :)

I have made a number of cruises on Cunard , and they have never set up anything for CC.

They barely allocate a space, in some case we just gather in a corner of the Commodore room by the piano.

You buy your own drinks as though you were there normally.

Cunard are very bad on this.

Hi Mrs. Jimsgirl. If Cunard set up something special for a Cruise Critic gathering, wouldn't Cunard also have to set up something special for the many other groups that meet on the ship? BTW, best wishes for the New Year. Regards, -S.

On the November trip I was on last year, one member set up the meet and greet then we had to email and request a ticket giving cabin number. I have just checked my old sent emails and I sent the request to shegoas@cunard.com - the ticket was sent to the cabin as an official Cunard invitation, and we met in the Winter Gardens at 11am (I think) on the day after embarkation in New York. I honestly can't remember if there were drinks or nibbles - Jimsgirl, someone came and found you in Sir Samuels and brought you down - was it bobby1119?

On a cruise last June on QV our roll call tried to set up a CC meet.

I emailed the events organiser but there was a per person charge and they needed a cabin number to charge the event to.

We decided to hold our own informal meet up which worked reasonably well.

Compared to HAL and Celebrity, which were really good at organising free drinks and nibbles, Cunard are spectacularly poor.:(

We have never been at an organised by Cunard get- together for CC members...never thought to ask about it because frankly there isn't the same interest in CC going by the Cunard rollcalls we've particpated in . Any uptake we've experienced would not have qualified for an organised event like Celebrity has for their CC members aboard ... but 25 are needed for that to go ahead.

Perhaps most Brits (who sail Cunard as their regular and only cruiseline )don't know anything about CC or if they do know about it, choose not to bother too much.We've only ever had 5/6 people showing up for our informal Cunard get-togethers unlike our Celebrity cruises when many people usually show up.

Hi Salacia

Best wishes for all your cruises . I will be on two this year, the Panama on QV in Feb and all being well, the Grand Voyage in Aug on the QM2. (so far will be at a CC meet for one, but it is early days yet).

Yes, there are many small groups on the ship, and some are very small indeed. If I am honest I have to admit that even CC is hit an miss as regards numbers that show up. Shush don't tell anyone but I have even shown up and found I was the only one !

Received my pre cruise docs yesterday for Feb so now able to get excited, and as usual make resolutions to pack light and then break every resolution within on hour of making it.

Do so love "dressing up"

Lynn

Lynn - I so want to do Panama next February (2013) as it will be a "big" birthday for me. I was quite surprised last year, as there was a good turnout for our CC meet and greet - I would say 22 to 25 - enough to be able to remember as we met through the following eleven day cruise, but not too many to be overwhelmed.

Originally Posted by wallis7219

Hello Natasha708

A response I have received.

'Cunard don't automatically hold a Meet & Mingle like RCI do when your Reach 25 people or more

The best thing to do is create a list on your roll call and get everyone to email you their cabin numbers. Then for you to Contact Brenda the onboard services coordinator to arrange a room and send out invites to everyone who is on your roll call.

Cunard arranged a room for us for an hour with refreshments and cakes, and was great, so much so that most of us had a 2nd meet up later in the cruise.'

Hope that helps

All the best

Gary

This was information shared on the World Cruise (that left today) roll call about their meet and greet. Evidently one passenger got in touch with Cunard and they offered a venue and and then the CC people invited the Captain, his wife and officers. Then Cunard decided to do formal invites. No mention if Cunard would spring for a small nosh.

The venue for the M & G January 11 has been changed to the WINTER GARDEN on Deck 7. We have invited the Captain and officers to attend and look forward to meeting some of them at our M & G. Cunard has indicated that the Winter Garden would be available at that time so please note this change and hope to see you all there and any other lurkers that are interested in attending. Please spread the word as I know some of you have already departed from New York. If there is anyone else that would like to be added to the list please let me know.

Sorry to be so sporadic, but Cunard keeps giving me dribs and drabs of information. Cunard would like to send each of us attending the M & G a personal invitation so I would like to receive an email with your first and last names and your cabin numbers. I have set up the following gmail account to receive this info and will reply to you the same way. This will keep our confidentiality on Cruise Critic and give me the info I need to pass on to Cunard.

Thanks for your prompness in replying and I hope that more of you will respond and be able to join us. In addition to the Captain and officers, the Captain's wife has also been invited.

... If I am honest I have to admit that even CC is hit an miss as regards numbers that show up. Shush don't tell anyone but I have even shown up and found I was the only one !...

I feel your pain. The "miss" part was certainly in play on the September TAs. On the EB it was a gathering of one. On the WB things improved - a gathering of two. I would be reluctant to arrange anything not knowing the mood of those on board and whether they would show up or not.

Hi Salacia

Best wishes for all your cruises . I will be on two this year, the Panama on QV in Feb and all being well, the Grand Voyage in Aug on the QM2. (so far will be at a CC meet for one, but it is early days yet).

Yes, there are many small groups on the ship, and some are very small indeed. If I am honest I have to admit that even CC is hit an miss as regards numbers that show up. Shush don't tell anyone but I have even shown up and found I was the only one !

Received my pre cruise docs yesterday for Feb so now able to get excited, and as usual make resolutions to pack light and then break every resolution within on hour of making it.

Do so love "dressing up"

Lynn

Hi Lynn. Wow, you do have exciting voyages planned! I'm looking forward to reading your opinion of the re-design of Sir Samuels on QM2. Overall, I think you will find improvements on QM2. Best wishes for a happy voyage next month. -Regards, S

(to the op: sorry for going off topic)

This was information shared on the World Cruise (that left today) roll call about their meet and greet. Evidently one passenger got in touch with Cunard and they offered a venue and and then the CC people invited the Captain, his wife and officers. Then Cunard decided to do formal invites. No mention if Cunard would spring for a small nosh.

The venue for the M & G January 11 has been changed to the WINTER GARDEN on Deck 7. We have invited the Captain and officers to attend and look forward to meeting some of them at our M & G. Cunard has indicated that the Winter Garden would be available at that time so please note this change and hope to see you all there and any other lurkers that are interested in attending. Please spread the word as I know some of you have already departed from New York. If there is anyone else that would like to be added to the list please let me know.

Sorry to be so sporadic, but Cunard keeps giving me dribs and drabs of information. Cunard would like to send each of us attending the M & G a personal invitation so I would like to receive an email with your first and last names and your cabin numbers. I have set up the following gmail account to receive this info and will reply to you the same way. This will keep our confidentiality on Cruise Critic and give me the info I need to pass on to Cunard.

Thanks for your prompness in replying and I hope that more of you will respond and be able to join us. In addition to the Captain and officers, the Captain's wife has also been invited.

Thank you for the info. I did call Cunard today and they told me who to email and what to write in the email. They also mentioned Brenda would get a hold of me onboard. Our group is small and we did set up a time to meet. So I will see if they also want me to do this now that I know how. :)

On the Dec 21st QV Hawaii cruise we had 2 meet and greets, both were well attended. Roberta who was member of the roll call collected the names and cabin numbers requested it by email to Cunard.

We had use of the Connections room on deck 3 and Cunard provided tea, coffee and some sweets. The invitations were sent to everyone's stateroom. I was very surpised that we had 2 meet and greets. The first one was very well attended and the second wasn't as big.

On the November trip I was on last year, one member set up the meet and greet then we had to email and request a ticket giving cabin number. I have just checked my old sent emails and I sent the request to shegoas@cunard.com - the ticket was sent to the cabin as an official Cunard invitation, and we met in the Winter Gardens at 11am (I think) on the day after embarkation in New York. I honestly can't remember if there were drinks or nibbles - Jimsgirl, someone came and found you in Sir Samuels and brought you down - was it bobby1119?

Were you on the Nov.27th trip last year? We were & loved it. We were having such fun we "spaced" the meeting the next day(Yeah, ok, I was at the spa!)we joined Jimsgirl in Sir Samuels for a spot..She's a blast.

Yes keithm - that was the trip. I also had a blast too, but really enjoyed the CC meet and greet, and met some lovely people. Kept bumping into them all the time after too. I hope there's going to be one for each crossing on my TA in June, as I find it a great ice-breaker for the rest of the voyage :)

Encouraging that Cunard seem to be a little more accommodating towards CC Meet and Greets. Although, they are not making it simple.

However, certainly looks like my crossing in October may have something going for it in terms of arranging something!

I went to three roll call meets on my recent 29 night QM2 cruise. All were held in the winter garden. The first was actually advertised in the daily programme and a representative was sent along.

The second saw the commodores wife who said she did read CC but did not contribute :eek:

The third was very well attended and we had a visit from the commodore, his wife and the entertainment director.

Not sure how they knew ? and unfortunately no nibbles or drinks were put on :(

Archived