Questions about the Carnival Legend

gmldolphin

Can anyone tell me how old the Legend is and when it was last refurbished? We just booked a cruise on her for June and we are use to the bigger ships like the Dream and Glory and was wondering if we are going to be disappointed with how small the ship is. Also has anyone ever been in cabin 7254 on the Legend, how is it? Does anyone have any pictures of that cabin? Thanks in advance for any help.

Gail

Can anyone tell me how old the Legend is and when it was last refurbished? We just booked a cruise on her for June and we are use to the bigger ships like the Dream and Glory and was wondering if we are going to be disappointed with how small the ship is. Also has anyone ever been in cabin 7254 on the Legend, how is it? Does anyone have any pictures of that cabin? Thanks in advance for any help.

Gail

Google ""cruise line rooms"" go to the site with all 3 words. Look at Spirit, Pride, Legend and Miracle. Miracle has pictures posted for 7254. Also look at cabins near yours as well.

Legend will be 10 years old in August 2012 built in 2002.

She is also due for 2.0 upgrades in 2013.

Maintenance Schedule

· Dry-dock: 4/12/05-4/27/05

· Dry-dock: 1/06/08-1/19/08

· Dry-dock: 2/06/11-2/20/11

Ship Refurbishments and Renovations

Completed during dry-dock 2/06/11-2/20/11

· Routine hotel maintenance

· Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, tile work, new furniture and new fabrics in lounges and public areas

· Suite 6182 converted and now ADA compliant

· Aft Lido pool area converted to Serenity “Adults-Only” – Deck 9

· Fitness Center – replaced equipment

Completed during dry-dock: 1/06/08-1/19/08

Internet WIFI access will be bow-to-stern

Circle C Lounge for teens (12-14) on Main Deck 4 forward.

New nine-hole miniature golf course on Sports Deck 11 Forward.

Teen Club (Club O2) on Sun Deck 10 Forward.

We have sailed all 3 ships you mentioned. We love the legend. We were on it 6 months ago. Good shape and the easiest of all of them to get around. Also it is not nearly as crowded as the dream and never hard to get a deck chair unlike the dream.

I went on the Legend on february 2010. It blew me away. Greatest vacation I have ever taken, and my first cruise.

Very beautiful ship, and it seemed overwhelmingly large. Bad news beacause I'm planning a trip on a bigger ship next time :-)

One of the things my husband I are wondering about is we have a balcony cabin 7245 and it is in the aft of the ship in one of those spots where the ship is recessed back. Does this make it hard to have a good view of down the ship and then down to the water since the life boats are below you on deck 4. One our last cruise on the Dream we had an extended aft balcony cabin and it was awsome. You could look down or to the rear of the ship or the front and see perfect.

One of the things my husband I are wondering about is we have a balcony cabin 7245 and it is in the aft of the ship in one of those spots where the ship is recessed back. Does this make it hard to have a good view of down the ship and then down to the water since the life boats are below you on deck 4. One our last cruise on the Dream we had an extended aft balcony cabin and it was awsome. You could look down or to the rear of the ship or the front and see perfect.

7245 is midship and NOT in the recess of the ship. You will not have an obstructed view looking out--looking back or looking forward this is a cat 8E cabin and its a standard size. Narrow.

are you sure of the cabin number?

7345 is suite in the aft of the ship

It's NOT a small ship. Most people get lost/confused frequently and with approx 2500 passengers it's basically a small town.

Having been on both huge and small ships I've found smaller ships to be more intimate. Larger the ship, the more like a cattle call. :rolleyes:

It'll be fun regardless and the more people you become friends with the better the cruise!

Gail

The Spirit is a lovely ship, though it is smaller than the Dream and Glory it isn't tiny!

We can't compare to the dream but have sailed all Spirit class, along with the Liberty and Freedom (size of Glory), we appreciate the difference in size. Quite like the lower passenger numbers on Spirit class.

Sailed on the Legend in March 2010 and March 2011. The improvements made in the recent drydock were quite evident - especially the serenity deck. We loved going up there at night after dinner.

The ship is very nice and didn't feel small at all. Loved the crew and definitely can recommend doing the Chefs Table on board! Worth every penny.

7245 is midship and NOT in the recess of the ship. You will not have an obstructed view looking out--looking back or looking forward this is a cat 8E cabin and its a standard size. Narrow.

are you sure of the cabin number?

7345 is suite in the aft of the ship

I'm sorry I was wrong on the cabin number it is 7254 which is an 8k catagory. I am still wondering about the view from the balcony being where it is on the ship.

Gail

Gail

I've been on the Pride and the Glory, and definitely prefer the Pride. Don't confuse bigger ships with having more amenities. Many times, the additional size is just to accommodate more passengers. In fact, to me, it felt that the Glory was SMALLER in public areas...specifically the one story nightclub vs. two story, and one story steakhouse vs the high ceilings on the Pride's steakhouse. The Glory also seemed to be confusing to navigate.

Gail

She just went through a refurb, less than a year ago.

Sailed her in September and she was by fat, our favorite ship in the fleet that DW and I have sailed thus far.

The layout is FAR superior to the Conquest class (we sailed the Glory and Freedom) and even the Fantasy class.

Almost no lines anywhere on the ship, versus the lines everywhere on the Conquest class, that we experienced., due to a much more realistic passenger to square foot layout.

The Spirit class ships for Carnival are usually the most highly recommended ships on this board and I could not agree more.

Bill

Legend is a nice ship. Decor is nice and the layout is great.

We had a aft cabin (stern)

The only advantage that I seen was that you were never confused on what way to go when you left the cabin.

Disadvantage were:

The balcony is not fully covered and you are visible from above.

Passenger are always leaning over the rail on the common decks above and for some reason like to toss things. When they finish their drink they throw the dregs such as ice cubes, garnishes and etc. They also like to smoke and talk loud, knock off their ashes and then toss the butt. They will be there all night long.

Passengers from the above deck will also spit, and throw other food items such as ice cream, the cone, the ends of hot dogs and etc.

There is not much air movement and there tends to be a vacuum to where the smoke from the smokers standing at the rail above drifts down and just hovers.

There will be soot from the funnel.

In dock all you will see is the bow or stern of another ship.

There is always a fishtail movement. It made me feel nauseated.

I know many feel that they are the greatest cabin on board but this is what I experienced, and what do I know? I drink tap water. :eek:

We were in 7204 last April when she was done with drydock. The room is standard and a regular balcony. She is easy to get around on and the staff was very attentive. We were all set to go on her again this April but couldn't get a decent price. Same room as last year they wanted 300 more.

I'm sorry I was wrong on the cabin number it is 7254 which is an 8k catagory. I am still wondering about the view from the balcony being where it is on the ship.

Gail

Can someone please tell me what the different catagories are, such as c,k, etc...

I am sailing on the legend on 02/12/12 and we are booked in cabin 6240 which is a class 8C cabin. What does this mean??? I know it's an unobstructed view balcony cabin but what does the C class tell me ???

Archived