Platinum latitudes - how often can you get free laundry?

erpa

Tfhere are three of us in a cabin together and we are all platimum. Last year we each got a free bag of llaundry. This past Feb, however, we were told one bag for the three of us. We went to the hotel services and asked, and were told it was one bag. When we ggot back to our room, I ssked the steward for two more bags. We wrote platinum on the bags and were never billed. I dont feel a bit guilty.

You can bet your you know what that I get my own bag. That is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to feel guilty because the person you spoke to was wrong. Each platinum cruiser gets free laundry. Each gets his or her own individual packet of platinum benefit vouchers, coupons, etc.

What ship were you on?

We just got off the BA and there weren't two packets, just one. On each particular perk, it listed both of our names. In the case of Le Bistro, there were two certificates all in the same packet and attached to each other (you had to tear at the perf).

I have actually been Platinum on my last four NCL cruises, and since both my DH and I are Platinum, that means TWICE free laundry during a cruise. And we have always been able to get that free laundry whenever we wanted to - regardless of the day that the rest of the passengers have their promo-offer on laundry. We also ALWAYS give our two laundry bags on two different days of the cruise....

That is how it was for us last week on BA

We just got off the BA and there weren't two packets, just one. On each particular perk, it listed both of our names. In the case of Le Bistro, there were two certificates all in the same packet and attached to each other (you had to tear at the perf).

I guess they're doing it in a slightly different way on the BA (maybe on the GA too?) because we were just on the Gem and got two separate packets as we had in the past. Who knows...maybe when we were on the BA in October it was also one packet. I can't recall.

Of course ALL Platinum perks are personal - otherwise it wouldn't make much sense..... Sometimes one person in a cabin is platinum and sometimes two or more, doesn't matter. The perks are still personal. If somebody tries to tell you otherwise, then they are wrong. If you are told otherwise during a cruise, the correct person to talk to would be the Cruise Consultant on board since that person also is in charge of all Latitude events on board. In my opinion the persons at the guest services desk on board often tell you what they believe to be the case, instead of checking the facts....

Edited by TrumpyNOR

Of course ALL Platinum perks are personal - otherwise it wouldn't make much sense..... Sometimes one person in a cabin is platinum and sometimes two or more, doesn't matter. The perks are still personal. If somebody tries to tell you otherwise, then they are wrong. If you are told otherwise during a cruise, the correct person to talk to would be the Cruise Consultant on board since that person also is in charge of all Latitude events on board. In my opinion the persons at the guest services desk on board often tell you what they believe to be the case, instead of checking the facts....

Most of the perks are per person, but some are per cabin. Per NCL's description of Latitudes benefits:

"Welcome Gift, Chocolate-Covered Strawberries and Sparkling Wine are delivered as one per stateroom."

As Platinum we have always each got one free bag of laundry. Longest cruise we have done is 10 days. We are doing a 14 day repositioning cruise in November. Will we still get just one bag each.

I believe so - unfortunately.

Longest cruise we ever did was 21 days - but that was actually two different cruises back-to-back, and we booked it as two separate cruises (staying in the same cabin all the time), just to get the Latitude OBC twice, plus all the Platinum perks twice (meaning 4 times of free laundry).

Most of the perks are per person, but some are per cabin. Per NCL's description of Latitudes benefits:

"Welcome Gift, Chocolate-Covered Strawberries and Sparkling Wine are delivered as one per stateroom."

Of course you are correct - I totally forgot about the strawberries, chocolate and sparkling wine. Sorry! :p

And regarding the laundry, the "terms & conditions" also states as follows:

Platinum members receive complimentary bulk bag laundry service which provides each Platinum member with one (1) bag of bulk bag laundry service per member, at no cost.

Edited by TrumpyNOR

As Platinum we have always each got one free bag of laundry. Longest cruise we have done is 10 days. We are doing a 14 day repositioning cruise in November. Will we still get just one bag each.

On our 12 day cruise on the Breakaway, Jan 5, 2014 we got two bags of laundry each. Our certificates said which two dates we could send the laundry. The last bag I sent wasn't returned until 6PM the last evening of the cruise and then only after I contacted the concierge. DH's was returned early that day.

We just did a 9 day on the Gem and got two free bags of laundry each. Complimentary laundry was allowed on each of the two "fill the bag" special days.

My experience has been that the free laundry perk is handled differently from ship to ship, itinerary to itinerary and changes from time to time. So regardless of how everyone describes their most recent experience, when you take your cruise it may be different.

We just did a 9 day on the Gem and got two free bags of laundry each. Complimentary laundry was allowed on each of the two "fill the bag" special days.

My experience has been that the free laundry perk is handled differently from ship to ship, itinerary to itinerary and changes from time to time. So regardless of how everyone describes their most recent experience, when you take your cruise it may be different.

Yep.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...