Platinum latitudes - how often can you get free laundry?

erpa

On Epic recently, received a packet containing all the Platinum benefit info. The laundry coupon specified a free bag of laundry on Thursday...The laundry special for the ship was Wednesday, but the Platinum coupon said only Thursday was free. so we waited until Thursday morning to bag up our laundry. I was returned, clean and pressed, on Friday evening, just in time to pack for Saturday disembarkation...

I'd have rather had the free laundry sooner, but it was free...can't complain, can I?

Saw the same thing...unfortunately I just ASSUMED when I gothte special for the ship that it was the day that was for platinum (it was the same day for Platinum and the ship special last November) THank the good lord they honored my platinum status and I did not have to pay...nice to have my laundry back thursday...personally I think it was a misprint in latitudes package...

We are Platinum and will be having this perk for the first time in Sept. In reading the previous posts, someone recommended not to include our washables. I have read elsewhere that the soap they use for the clothes is more harsh and everything is done it hot water. Can you request cold water wash or something so that the clothes that may shrink won't under their cleaning?

We are Platinum and will be having this perk for the first time in Sept. In reading the previous posts, someone recommended not to include our washables. I have read elsewhere that the soap they use for the clothes is more harsh and everything is done it hot water. Can you request cold water wash or something so that the clothes that may shrink won't under their cleaning?

No request for special handling. We only use the service for clothing that can tolerate hot water and strong detergent.

On Epic recently, received a packet containing all the Platinum benefit info. The laundry coupon specified a free bag of laundry on Thursday...The laundry special for the ship was Wednesday, but the Platinum coupon said only Thursday was free. so we waited until Thursday morning to bag up our laundry. I was returned, clean and pressed, on Friday evening, just in time to pack for Saturday disembarkation...

I'd have rather had the free laundry sooner, but it was free...can't complain, can I?

We did the same thing, but they don't always bring your laundry bag or list, so you have to ask for it or get it yourself.

We just returned from a 12 day cruise onboard the Dawn, the free laundry service was per Platinum Member. Two members = two free laundry bags. We were able to use this service any day of the cruise ... it did not have to be the day it was offered.

The laundry bags had to be placed on the beds before 11 am and was returned at 6 pm that evening.

Check with your cabin stewarts, a seven day cruise may be different

we were on a 10 day in february and could use it more than once We used it for a total of 3 times. 2 times one plat and one the other. BTW the cruise consultant is the lattitudes rep and should be the one to ask. not the stewards they don't know. They don't do the charging just the bringing. There is a special account that the laundry charges this to..as some of the laundry service is contracted out...

I'm not sure everyone with NCL got the memo.

We are two Platinum Latitudes passengers.

We've gotten one bag per week, two on back-to-back cruise.

We've gotten two bags, two times on a 12 night cruise.

We've gotten two bags, three times on an 18 night cruise.

We've gotten single bags done multiple nights on a 10 night cruise.

I think it has a lot to do with your rapport with and the willingness of your cabin attendant.

edited to add: a) take advantage of first night "press only" special

b) dry clean clothes that won't take harsh, hot water wash.

Edited by Us2inFL

The laundry bag special for platinums is a wonderful reward. If your steward did not leave you a bag, there should be one hanging in the closet along with the slip. If not, then ask the steward on the promotion day (it will be announced in the freestyle daily you receive the night before). If you fold your dirty clothes and pack them carefully, you can put a lot in the bag. I agree...do not put any finer pieces of clothing to wash that can not handle the industrial machines. Lastly, when your cothes return, peel off the coded sticker attached to each of your items. I find the longer they stay on the harder they are to remove (although they are fun reminders of your cruise when you wear an item weeks or months later and something is scratching you... and you do not know why... until your realize it is that little coded sticker rubbing against ya)! It does bring a smile to your face.

Lastly, I recommend the dry cleaning service for a fee. The price onboard is still a better bargain than where I live. Oh...I was on a behind the scenes tour once and saw some of my clothes. It was cool!

coka

I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but since DH and I each get a free bag of laundry, I put white/light colors together and the dark stuff in another bag. A couple of times some of the dark colors have run and I would not be tickled pink if it had happened to the white clothes. I definitely wasn't happy to see the blue streaks in my new t-shirt.

I rarely put anything delicate in the laundry - but I handwash out a few things everyday.

• 1 year later...
We will be platinum members on a 31 day cruise. Do we only get 1 bag of complementary laundry each for our entire cruise?

If you booked it as a single cruise, not b2b the answer is possibly yes that you will each get just one free bag for the entire cruise since the perk is listed as once PER CRUISE. On our 14 day Panama Canal transit we each got one free bag for the cruise, not one per special or one per week. I ended up paying for another special, well worth it.

On previous cruises, we have been given the opportunity whenever the bag special was offered.

Husband and I are both platinum. Last cruise, our cabin steward said the day didn't matter and to just write "platinum latitudes" on the inventory sheet that accompanies the bag. We were to get two bags total for the week.

They may allow you to get 1 bag each time they run the special, which could occur multiple times on longer cruises. In the past this has been allowed, at least on certain ships. I guess it could depend on your cabin steward too.

On one 16 night cruise I think we had 3 bags between the two of us. We just had to complete the form and write "Platinum" at the top. Others have said that they wrote "Platinum" on the bag.

From what I remember we had a voucher that indicated (for each of us) a bag of laundry during the week and did not specify the day. We wrote "Platinum" on the bag and left it the day of our choice.

We only used it once last cruise but could have done two. My husband and I are both Platinum.

One time we did have some laundry come back that was discolored but I didn't have the heart to complain after taking the ship tour and seeing what it is like to work in the laundry area. We just know now not to include anything that requires special care and/or is a more delicate item.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We will be platinum members on a 31 day cruise. Do we only get 1 bag of complementary laundry each for our entire cruise?

If this is a B2B2..... then you should get the perk per leg, had this confimed by an onboard Cruise consultant that are responsible for latitudes.

In my experience just put platinum on the bag and the form, it can usualy go in at any time, spaced out they don't seem to care or count.

Just check with the cabin steward, some need reminding to collect, if on a non bag day it is usually done very quick.

So far they all seem to be pressed even though it is a wash and fold service.

Packed properly you can get 30+(5 days worth) items in the bag, trick is to flatten out then roll stuff, I stack my undies and roll into a sausage, use to fill the bottom of the bag, then build up on top of that.

The bag starts out thin and ends up round, if you pack that top row vertically they can stick out above the top of the bag.

Edited by insidecabin

I always bring a roll of painter's tape in case the weather gets bad and the drawers start to slam with the ship's movement. I also use the tape to reinforce the laundry bag (it's made of thin paper) so that I can get more in there. I use the technique described above of flattening and rolling the clothes to get more in the bag. Then I fold over the last inch or so of the top and tape it closed.

Edited by polySeraph

• 1 month later...

On both our 12 day and 14 day cruises (pre-platinum), the laundry special was offered at least twice....any idea how many times it will be offered on a 19 day cruise?

Also, according to the fine print on the website, each platinum member only gets one bag free, any more are supposed to be charged at the "special rate" less 25%. Based on what other plats (plattys?:D) have reported, it seems like this fine print isn't enforced?

I have actually been Platinum on my last four NCL cruises, and since both my DH and I are Platinum, that means TWICE free laundry during a cruise. And we have always been able to get that free laundry whenever we wanted to - regardless of the day that the rest of the passengers have their promo-offer on laundry. We also ALWAYS give our two laundry bags on two different days of the cruise....

Edited by TrumpyNOR

Tfhere are three of us in a cabin together and we are all platimum. Last year we each got a free bag of llaundry. This past Feb, however, we were told one bag for the three of us. We went to the hotel services and asked, and were told it was one bag. When we ggot back to our room, I ssked the steward for two more bags. We wrote platinum on the bags and were never billed. I dont feel a bit guilty.

Tfhere are three of us in a cabin together and we are all platimum. Last year we each got a free bag of llaundry. This past Feb, however, we were told one bag for the three of us. We went to the hotel services and asked, and were told it was one bag. When we ggot back to our room, I ssked the steward for two more bags. We wrote platinum on the bags and were never billed. I dont feel a bit guilty.

No need to feel guilty because the person you spoke to was wrong. Each platinum cruiser gets free laundry. Each gets his or her own individual packet of platinum benefit vouchers, coupons, etc.

What ship were you on?

Edited by njhorseman