Question about Food Venues

Teacher_91

I am new to Princess so forgive a stupid question. I frequently read about the Horizon Court, Café Caribe, and International Café. Can you tell a Newbie what kinds of foods are offered there? Thank you so much! I learn so much about cruising and Princess through all you kind folks! :)

I am new to Princess so forgive a stupid question. I frequently read about the Horizon Court, Café Caribe, and International Café. Can you tell a Newbie what kinds of foods are offered there? Thank you so much! I learn so much about cruising and Princess through all you kind folks! :)

Horizon Court and Cafe Caribe are synonymous, whereas both are usually open for both breakfast and lunch. All buffet and Caribe is open at night for dinner when HC is closed. Not all ships have Caribe, so you would just have Horizon Ct on the others.

International Cafe, also not on all ships, is on deck 5 in an area with limited seating. They serve mini sandwiches, soup, quiches and a selection of four salads. This is a counter and you are served by the one behind it. Also a huge display of cakes and other desserts. In the AM there are bagels, muffins, croissants, etc. and several other breakfast items. There are no free beverages at the IC.

If you are on a ship that has both Horizon Court and Cafe Caribe you should know that they are both buffets and often have some of the same food items. They also often have different items. When we choose the buffet for lunch or breakfast we check out both buffets to see which one has more food that we like. The Cafe Caribe is right behind (aft) of the Horizon Court. If you decide not to participate in formal night the Cafe Caribe is a very nice option for dinner. There will be tables already set up with silverware, napkins and wine glasses. But you don't have to dress up for dinner there. We have enjoyed that quite often.

The Cafe Caribe often has a theme for lunch like German or Rice Table (I can't remember what that one is called).

The international cafe is always worth checking out for a snack. In the afternoon they bring out freshly baked cookies, still warm, and milk. Yum!

Just curious. Which Princess ship are you sailing?

Be sure and check at the International Cafe. Pia gave you a good rundown of what is there. I love it and find it a nice alternative to the buffet or also a great place to grab a snack when returning from a day in port.

A quick search will give you info/photos like this....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1406965&highlight=international+cafe

Thank you for this link! I really enjoyed the 'visuals' & the commentary!

I also enjoyed all the details everyone has provided in their posts. I don't think the Mr. & I will be starving on our cruise! :) The problem won't be FINDING something to eat, it will be working all the yummy options in!

If I was not already motivated to lose a few pounds prior to sailing... I am NOW!

Additionally on the Island are the grill and pizzeria, both located by the outside pool. I think they open around 11am or so and close around 11pm. You can get hot dogs, hamburgers and chicken burgers (that was our choice for lunch on many days on our last cruise).

There's the specialty restaurants (for a cover charge) -- Sabinitinis and the Crown Grill.

I think of the International Cafe as a display case of "yumminess." You can get breakfast items, paninis, salads, etc. for your meals as well as treats such as key lime pie, puddings and cookies.

Please forgive a newbie question, but we haven't cruised in 20 years, and thing have certainly changed since then!

Except for the specialty restaurants, are all the food venues unlimited? For example, if I want to try two desserts, or two entrees, can I? I just don't want to blow our budget inadvertently!

Please forgive a newbie question, but we haven't cruised in 20 years, and thing have certainly changed since then!

Except for the specialty restaurants, are all the food venues unlimited? For example, if I want to try two desserts, or two entrees, can I? I just don't want to blow our budget inadvertently!

Except for the "Specialty" restaurants and the gelato at IC, the other food venues are included in your fare. Seconds, thirds, fourths, et ad infinitum.:)

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/dining_nightlife.jsp

International Cafe is exquisite! We've got our pictures from the IC and the buffet here:

http://www.cruisefoods.com/index.php?ship=crown_princess

The buffet is quite good compared to the other cruise lines.

We didn't try Vines but it looked delicious, with sushi and other small but yummy looking appetizers.

I just realized you are talking about the Coral. The Coral does not have the International Cafe.

Except for the "Specialty" restaurants and the gelato at IC, the other food venues are included in your fare. Seconds, thirds, fourths, et ad infinitum.:)

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/dining_nightlife.jsp

And, if you decide to pay for the Specialty restaurants I've found in the Crown Grill/Sterling Steakhouses you can order as many of anything that you want. You aren't limited to just one appetizer, one salad, one entree, etc.

And, if you decide to pay for the Specialty restaurants I've found in the Crown Grill/Sterling Steakhouses you can order as many of anything that you want. You aren't limited to just one appetizer, one salad, one entree, etc.

Thanks Chloedmom! I think we've decided to give Sabatini's a try! Even though the reviews are mixed, we are looking forward to giving it a try! :)

Thanks Chloedmom! I think we've decided to give Sabatini's a try! Even though the reviews are mixed, we are looking forward to giving it a try! :)

Enjoy! I've had both great and just so so at Sabatini's. I think everyone should try each specialty restaurant once to see what they think.

Archived